American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Didn't see it posted yet, but the official commercial (with VO) is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDFdaAB0ors

They showed the commercial a few times on teevee last night, didn't they?I bet the producers won't take that one off Youtube.

Did the FB fanpages put this up yet?

I think they showed this on the teevee a few times last night, here in Brooklyn

They showed the commercial a few times on teevee last night, didn't they?

Yeah, that was the first time it aired. I just saw it posted to Playbill.com this afternoon though. I think the only difference between this one and the one on the official site is the AMEX mention.

Edit: Don't know about the FB fan pages. Possibly?

Yeah, that was the first time it aired. I just saw it posted to Playbill.com this afternoon though. I think the only difference between this one and the one on the official site is the AMEX mention.

Edit: Don't know about the FB fan pages. Possibly?

They changed the close-ups between Johnny and Whatshername as well as the ending.

They changed the close-ups between Johnny and Whatshername as well as the ending.

lol I was referring to the information given in the ad, not a split screen comparison. :wink:

lol I was referring to the information given in the ad, not a split screen comparison. :wink:

Heh... :lol:

i'm HOPING to go in the summer. my friend and are are trying to figure out how much it'll be...

ooo that would be so fun! i was looking at prices too. i figured it would be about $300 round trip flight from San Fran. probably a little cheaper if you look hard enough.

hope you get to make it out there :happy:

I'm kind of disapointed in one thing. I really would love to see this, and I am going to see it but Idiot club members get early access to tickets, and I am and idiot club member but you can only pay with an american express card ? :down: that sucks!!! I have visa and mastercard.. stupid credit card variety! Oh well I guess I'm just going to have too wait as if i didn't pay thr money for a member ship.. :rolleyes:

Actually, I don't think that being in the Idiot Club gave you early access. The whole American Express pre-sale is open to everyone who can/wants to pay with an American Express card. You can do what I did and buy an American Express giftcard at CVS (or Walgreens or Eckerds or whatever you have) and then use it to get the tickets. They'll call you late because the billing address won't match but just tell them that it's a giftcard and you should be good.

Actually, I don't think that being in the Idiot Club gave you early access. The whole American Express pre-sale is open to everyone who can/wants to pay with an American Express card. You can do what I did and buy an American Express giftcard at CVS (or Walgreens or Eckerds or whatever you have) and then use it to get the tickets. They'll call you late because the billing address won't match but just tell them that it's a giftcard and you should be good.

:lol: i don't have any of those stores, I'm in Canada..but thanks!

:lol: i don't have any of those stores, I'm in Canada..but thanks!

Heh... oh, Canadians... :rolleyes: Yeah, American Express isn't going to be helpful for you. :D

ooo that would be so fun! i was looking at prices too. i figured it would be about $300 round trip flight from San Fran. probably a little cheaper if you look hard enough.

hope you get to make it out there :happy:

yeah! i was looking at flights and it would be around $360 round trip. my cousin lives in NY too so i wouldn't have to worry about paying for a hotel or anything.

gaaaaa i hope it works out! and for you too! :)

yeah! i was looking at flights and it would be around $360 round trip. my cousin lives in NY too so i wouldn't have to worry about paying for a hotel or anything.

gaaaaa i hope it works out! and for you too! :)

hey my cousin lives there too! hahaha weird.

Yeah, I think when I flew to SF from NYC it was about $300... wait until it gets a little closer to your date.

Also sign up for Airfare Watchdog (.com)! They send out new deals every week. It's times like these that I'm so grateful to live in New York :) Wait, those times are ALL the time. You guys, who don't have places to stay, should also check out the 103rd Street youth hostel, I hear it's pretty nice. It's huge. I walk by it all the time (It's a few blocks from my apartment.)

If you guys need any suggestions for places to stay, eat, etc. Feel free to ask!

Anyone else going May 14th at 8 pm?

It's my birthday present and I'm so excited! My mom is going with me and she's really pumped too!

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but American Idiot took in $1M in ticket sales the day after the Grammys and has been doing great business. Note that the columnist Michael Riedel is one bitchy mofo and because he loves AI's main Tony-award competition Fela, is going to find any excuse to start knocking AI.

A Green Day at Box Office

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but American Idiot took in $1M in ticket sales the day after the Grammys and has been doing great business. Note that the columnist Michael Riedel is one bitchy mofo and because he loves AI's main Tony-award competition Fela, is going to find any excuse to start knocking AI.

Congrats to Green Day, Michael Mayer, and the entire cast and crew!

That's great! That Grammy performance was a brilliant move to promote the show.

I'm just pondering this and I would to hear your opinion on it.

"When It's Time" was never released, correct? Billie's only performed it live.

When the OCR comes out, "When It's Time" will be on there but sang by John Gallagher, Jr.

What are your thoughts that the only official release of the song is going to be sung by another person besides Billie Joe? I love Johnny so I'm wondering if he might get any backlash from Green Day fans... :unsure:

I'm just pondering this and I would to hear your opinion on it.

"When It's Time" was never released, correct? Billie's only performed it live.

When the OCR comes out, "When It's Time" will be on there but sang by John Gallagher, Jr.

What are your thoughts that the only official release of the song is going to be sung by another person besides Billie Joe? I love Johnny so I'm wondering if he might get any backlash from Green Day fans... :unsure:

If for some reason, this song isn't going to be released with Billie singing it, I'll be so delighted to have a high quality recording of someone singing it. It's such a beautiful song.

That's how I feel about it. Why would John get backlash - it's not as if he stole the song!

If for some reason, this song isn't going to be released with Billie singing it, I'll be so delighted to have a high quality recording of someone singing it. It's such a beautiful song.

That's how I feel about it. Why would John get backlash - it's not as if he stole the song!

Maybe "backlash" wasn't the right word... I've read the comments when the cast only version of "21 Guns" was released on GDC and Matt got some rather negative remarks for how he sang the song compared to Billie. :( I was thinking that John might get more negative remarks since, at least at this point, he'll have the song released instead of Billie. Does that make sense? :lol:

Maybe "backlash" wasn't the right word... I've read the comments when the cast only version of "21 Guns" was released on GDC and Matt got some rather negative remarks for how he sang the song compared to Billie. :( I was thinking that John might get more negative remarks since, at least at this point, he'll have the song released instead of Billie. Does that make sense? :lol:

Well, some people are always going to have to complain. And of course, if they really don't like something, fair enough if they say so.

But, for this song, I would expect less negativity rather than more - for one thing this gives us a recording of the song that we wouldn't have had otherwise, AND we don't have a high quality recording of Billie singing it to compare it with.

Of course, I can speculate all day about how people will react, but that's just what seems to make sense to me.

Heh... cool beans. :)

I do wonder when they'll have the OCR, before or after the start of the show.

Also, woo hoo! I got my ticket in the mail yesterday. And if you still want any merchandise from the Berkeley run, they still have stuff including the program (the big red one not the black one) and the posters. You could either stop by Berkeley Rep or e-mail them. The red program is $10... I'm not sure about the posters, though.