American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

LOL LIKE MY PARENTS WOULD EVER LET ME GET ON A BUS OR A TRAIN AND GO TO NEW YORK BY MYSELF.

I'm not even allowed to take a bus to the mall...

Maybe your parents wouldn't mind a train trip to NY.

Word on the street is that Matt Caplan was incredibly hard to work with at Berkeley. I, for one, am not sad to see him replaced. He wasn't awful, by any means, and his semi-nasily voice was kind of appropriate for the show, but there surely has to be better out there.

For those of you who are not familiar with Aspen Vincent who has been cast as a 'swing', she is Tony Vincent's amazingly beautiful and talented wife! Tony and Aspen actually met when they co-starred in "We Will Rock You" (Las Vegas). Since then they have worked together on "Dirty Dancing", and now on "American Idiot". Broadway isn't gonna know what's hit it with TEAM-VINCENT on stage! :)

-ing x

p.s booked my flight over (from the UK) to see the show for my b-day nite in May :) EXCITED!

For those of you who are not familiar with Aspen Vincent who has been cast as a 'swing', she is Tony Vincent's amazingly beautiful and talented wife! Tony and Aspen actually met when they co-starred in "We Will Rock You" (Las Vegas). Since then they have worked together on "Dirty Dancing", and now on "American Idiot". Broadway isn't gonna know what's hit it with TEAM-VINCENT on stage! :)

-ing x

p.s booked my flight over (from the UK) to see the show for my b-day nite in May :) EXCITED!

Alright! Let's have a drink when you get to town if you have a chance! SallySimpson and IncendiaryGirl and I (if I could speak for them), would love it!

Grrrrr.... *shakes fist* Not at all thrilled about this Matt Caplan deal.... Very very sad news.

I saw that too :(...I will miss Matt :(

Aspen Vincet! woooooooohooo! :woot: :woot:

Saw her perform at the Meat Loaf Concert here in Victoria...SHE IS AWESOME!!

I don't believe the rumor about Matt being hard to work with. He's been with "American Idiot" since 2008. If they thought he was hard to work with, they would have dropped him much earlier. He probably has another project or he's taking some time off. His wife has been auditioning in LA lately so maybe they might move out there and he doesn't want to deal with a long-distance thing with Karen. Who knows... :ermm:

I don't believe the rumor about Matt being hard to work with. He's been with "American Idiot" since 2008. If they thought he was hard to work with, they would have dropped him much earlier. He probably has another project or he's taking some time off. His wife has been auditioning in LA lately so maybe they might move out there and he doesn't want to deal with a long-distance thing with Karen. Who knows... :ermm:

I never heard that rumor, and Ben (who was his understudy in Berkeley) seemed to really like him. Of course, Ben is the nicest guy on the planet :).

I never heard that rumor, and Ben (who was his understudy in Berkeley) seemed to really like him. Of course, Ben is the nicest guy on the planet :).

sundaymorning6am mentioned it earlier. It's been spreading on the Broadway boards... :down:

Anyways, this is Stark Sands:

1.jpg

Alright! Let's have a drink when you get to town if you have a chance! SallySimpson and IncendiaryGirl and I (if I could speak for them), would love it!

lol You know me well. Just tell me when! :wink:

Well, he's cute, but where did that name come from?

He's called after some kind of existential resort? :D

In case anyone is curious, the cast bios and pictures have been updated on the official website (http://americanidiotonbroadway.com/team.php#). I do like the fact that many of them have music/songwriting backgrounds.

PS: Kudos to Ben on his Broadway debut!

PPS: Actually, I think there are a few with their debuts besides Ben: Christina, Omar, Chase, Alysha, Libby, and I think, Aspen.

Edited by sorano

God, I came across these and I just had to share... nothing AI related just AI cast related... :D

Theo Stockman in "Hair" (he does the 'Heil...' solo in "Holiday" as well as featured in "Too Much Too Soon" and "East 12th St."):

John Gallagher, Jr. (or Johnny Gallagher as he uses where he's doing his own music):

I'm so excited! My roommate's going to come see this with me. She's not into Green Day but she's a huuugggeeee John Gallagher Jr. fan. She found out about the show and she started freaking out. At least I won't have to go alone now. :woot:

So I think I'm gonna cry. I was gonna stop in and see this in NYC on my way to London this summer, but the only night I'm going to be in town is the ONE NIGHT that week it's not playing. Figures.

Is theo stockman going to be part of the braodway cast??? And I recognize Stark Sands, I saw him on this drama series about soldiers in Iraq last year I think.

Sorry if you think I was starting a rumor, I was just repeating as speculation what I heard over on the BWW boards :)

Oh, no. I didn't think you were. :) Just giving my opinion on the BWW rumor thing.

Theo's in it. And you can look back this page and previous page for opening and ticket prices.