American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Unless something extremely wrong happens, the show will be open on Broadway for at least six months (that's the normal contract). With the Tony's in June and depending on the outcome, July will be a busy time for them but they'll be open. Shows rarely close during the summer months... it's the winter months that are the hardest.

Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a London production or a DVD of the musical being released. If they decide to do a London production, it probably won't be until next year. And as far as DVDs go, Broadway shows are rarely recorded and if they are, it's when the show is closing and released only after the show closes. "Rent" and "Passing Strange" are some examples that come to mind.

BTW, some of the cast members are on Twitter if you want to follow them (None are really confirmed yet but 98.9% sure that Johnny's staying).

John Gallagher, Jr.- http://twitter.com/JohnGallagherJr

"So excited was I by yesterdays American Idiot announcement that I bought four video games online. A very adolescent form of celebration."

Michael Esper- http://twitter.com/airstreamrally

"Americanidiotonbroadway.com"

Gerard Canonico- http://twitter.com/Gerardcanonico

"American Idiot opens on 4/20......... Hahahaha"

Nice, thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Haha, if it runs for six months, that means it will run while - if everything goes how it's planned now - I'm on the West Coast.

Daaaamn. :lol:

(oh well, I can't complain. the whole holiday to the US thing this summer was almost quit, so I'm still happy.)

And sorano, thanks for the info (:

It's a pity though that the chances on a DVD are small.

Sidenote: Those who were mentioning Next to Normal, were y'all talking about Aaron Tveit, who plays Gabe, the son? In case you didn't hear, his last show was on Sunday. I'm very sad that I didn't see him, but I saw his then-temporary, now-permanent replacement Kyle Dean Massey and he's really good. Aaron will be staring in the musical version of Catch Me If You Can in the fall.

Off topic, but yeah I was referring to Aaron. I didn't want to really mention him by name because a lot of people would maybe get confused...yeah I know he left. I've been absolutely in love with him since he was in Hairspray, and he's my absolute favorite Broadway performer EVER, so I follow all news related to him. I saw him in April

and met him, he's even more gorgeous in person and a fantastically nice, sweet guy

and literally died. I wanted to get tickets to see him again one last time, but I couldn't. My friend Mel managed to go to his both Saturday and Sunday evening shows. I was so fuckin jealous. Everyone said his I'm Alive was the best ever and that he was crying pretty much throughout the whole show. =/

I'm kinda glad I didn't go, though. He rarely stage doors anymore, because of Gossip Girl. Now everyone loves him. It pisses me off that people just "discovered" him on Gossip Girl and think he's only an actor; they don't even care about his fucking angelic voice. And now fourteen year olds watching Gossip Girl are all "OMGZZZ AAREN TVAYT IS SOOO SMEXEEE." Ugh!!! >/

[/end pointless rant]

And it hasn't been officially announced that CMIYC is coming to Broadway in the fall; Even after the success of the Seattle run, there's a lot they still have to tweak. Toronto is planning on doing a run sometime in the near future:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Is_CA...oBound_20091221.

He's also playing James Franco's lover in the biopic Howl.

Right now, I'd say he's most likely taking a break; poor guy deserves some time off! He's been all over the place.

But seriously, anyone who likes Broadway and enjoys people with amazing voices, YouTube Aaron Tveit. You'll fall in love...but he's mine anyway. ;)

[/END COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC POST]

Sorry, had to get that all out of my system. :)

thanks for that link. actually this might be pretty usefull. i keep forgetting my cousin just moved to new york so i could have him get tickets for me.

or wait, did you stay that you can only get tickets there the day of the show? or was that something else. sorry for all the questions...

From the TKTS site...

TDF operates three TKTS Discount Booths in New York City

1. The Times Square Booth sells day-of-performance tickets only.

2. The South Street Seaport Booth sells tickets to evening performances on the day of the performance, and matinee tickets the day before.

3. The Downtown Brooklyn Booth sells tickets to evening performances on the day of the performance, and matinee tickets the day before as well tickets to Brooklyn performing arts events.

TKTS Times Square, TKTS Seaport and TKTS Downtown Brooklyn accept credit cards, cash, travelers checks or TKTS Gift Certificates.

All locations sell tickets at 50%, 40%, 30% and 20% off full-price (plus a $4.00 per ticket service charge, which helps support other TDF services and programs). Availability and ticket inventory change throughout the day and at the discretion of individual productions.

----The booth in Times Square has a huge display screen and they list which shows are available on the day of.

I just finished reading Nobody Likes You (I first read it about two years ago) and there's a very interesting quote from Billie regarding a possible musical. I think it's interesting to see how opinions can change so dramatically, so quickly.

I'm just going to quote the book directly here. It's page 181.

"There's one journalist who mentioned that we were taking it to Broadway, and that just seemed really corny. We're going to Broadway! It would be so Off-Broadway "

Interesting? Je pense.

I'll maybe go to New York with my family this summer.

do you think they still will show the american Idiot musical in July? I would be sooo happy if I could see it :woot:

I have the same issue. I'm going mid-July. There is no way I'm going to let myself be in New York while this is showing and not watch it.

I just finished reading Nobody Likes You (I first read it about two years ago) and there's a very interesting quote from Billie regarding a possible musical. I think it's interesting to see how opinions can change so dramatically, so quickly.

I'm just going to quote the book directly here. It's page 181.

Interesting? Je pense.

It is interesting. I think it's funny, though that he doesn't say - oh, we would never do a musical. He just implies that it wouldn't be mainstream enough to be ON Broadway.

It is interesting. I think it's funny, though that he doesn't say - oh, we would never do a musical. He just implies that it wouldn't be mainstream enough to be ON Broadway.

That's true. I think maybe at the time he couldn't see a musical doing American Idiot justice? Perhaps he thought a musical would make it corny and overdone? I'm sure meeting Michael Mayer and seeing Spring Awakening must have changed his perspective.

That's true. I think maybe at the time he couldn't see a musical doing American Idiot justice? Perhaps he thought a musical would make it corny and overdone? I'm sure meeting Michael Mayer and seeing Spring Awakening must have changed his perspective.

From my perspective, I wish it were going off-Broadway. But... that's just me.

I appreciate off-Broadway a lot more than Broadway.

But I love the St. James. So... go figure.

I can't really say this news excites me, seeing as there's a 0% chance of me being able to go to New York. :/

I really really rea-ea-ea-eally hope it comes back to California at some point.

I have looked into my holiday time...and it looks better than I thought.I will be in NYC June 12th and leaving morning of the 14th...

now....this gives me a chance to pray to the Tony Awards gods and fairies to do some magic for me.,....YEAH RIGHT...

but there might be parties and events and things going on...I'd go to either the June 12th or the Matinee...I know there won't be a Monday showing,,,they don't have shows on Mondays..,.

Now....if anyone wants to go around the same time because I bet there are going to be some AWESOME parties

and sightings! and share a hotel. for two nights....I want to get 4 to a room to help with funds for all of us..dinner on me! PM me.....I can then book a hotel in a month or so when some $ might be coming in!

I have looked into my holiday time...and it looks better than I thought.I will be in NYC June 12th and leaving morning of the 14th...

now....this gives me a chance to pray to the Tony Awards gods and fairies to do some magic for me.,....YEAH RIGHT...

but there might be parties and events and things going on...I'd go to either the June 12th or the Matinee...I know there won't be a Monday showing,,,they don't have shows on Mondays..,.

Now....if anyone wants to go around the same time because I bet there are going to be some AWESOME parties

and sightings! and share a hotel. for two nights....I want to get 4 to a room to help with funds for all of us..dinner on me! PM me.....I can then book a hotel in a month or so when some $ might be coming in!

holy crap your going to be so jet lagged! :lol: changing time zones like no other. your going to england straight after right?

ill be doing the same thing tho....hahaha

oh also if when i go it'll probably be around the same dates as you. :D cool.

holy crap your going to be so jet lagged! :lol: changing time zones like no other. your going to england straight after right?

ill be doing the same thing tho....hahaha

oh also if when i go it'll probably be around the same dates as you. :D cool.

lets keep in touch:)

cuz that would be fun!!!

Sunday Broadway shows are usually matinee only so I doubt AI will still perform that afternoon. Sorry. Your only choices would be whatever they offer on Saturday.

lets keep in touch:)

cuz that would be fun!!!

otay. that would be really cool too cuz im going to all these things by myself so it would be nice to know someone :happy:

Sunday Broadway shows are usually matinee only so I doubt AI will still perform that afternoon. Sorry. Your only choices would be whatever they offer on Saturday.

I figured that out...thanks:)

I'm so sorry if this has been asked (gah, I know it has) , but does this mean that it will only be in NY? Or will it tour to different cities?

otay. that would be really cool too cuz im going to all these things by myself so it would be nice to know someone :happy:

looks like the time might be Saturday:) jUne 12th and then maybe we can spend june 13th doing NYC things:)

I'm so sorry if this has been asked (gah, I know it has) , but does this mean that it will only be in NY? Or will it tour to different cities?

For right now, it's only coming to NYC. If it does well and the producers think that it would be profitable, they might do a tour later on.

I really hope they're going to bring it to Europe at some point!! Though I admit, I now have another reason to go to New York... :D

I'm on my phone so I cant search all these pages, have tickets gone on sale yet :)? I plan on going to the first night they preview it in March! I'm so excited, and hope the boys do a surprise appearance :D

My girlfriend and I are definitely going, and I'm already trying to gather people from my college to go with us!!!!!!

The April 20th premiere will most likely sell out quickly, and all my classes this upcoming semester are during the day, so we'll most likely be going on April 24th. That means we won't be seeing the Green Day boys themselves like the people going to the premiere, but oh well. I was only 8 people away from Billie at their last Philly show; that has me satisfied for a good while! =D

So is there any idea when tickets are going on sale?

And will it be impossible to get them for premiere night?