American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

!!!!! I just told my mom I was going to fly to New York for this and she was totaly ok with it :D

I just need another couple hundred dollars for the flight... I will make it happen. Oh man this is so awsome.

Uuhg None of my friends will be able to afford to come with me tho.

Here's the song list *not* from closing weekend and from closing weekend. The only change from the beginning of the run was the addition of "Last of the American Girls" to "She's a Rebel."

2rorqkl.jpgs5bcjr.jpg

Edited by sorano

I was just writing about this for my blog and checked Green Day's tour schedule. They have a built-in break from Jun 12 to the 15th. Which would mean that they would have to fly from Germany for the Tonys and then head back to Manchester for the show on the 16th...

J'Net - I just had the chance to read the recap you did of your second trip to see the show - LOVED IT! What an amazing time you had! The thought of having that long of a conversation with Mike or Billie makes me go faint. Even just reading it I was getting giddy. :lol:

thanks so much for that website!

ETA: If anyone is planning on waiting outside for the actors to come out, be prepared to suddenly make ten new best friends. (Stagedoored at Rent, sang "La Vie Boheme" with the crowd while waiting)

i'll be there! :)

oh whoops didnt realize you were from california. Definitely do not recommend doing that

btw here's the link for TKTS

i never realized TDF ran TKTS. my moms TDF member, maybe by some miracle she'll get something about AI!! :woot:

thanks for that link. actually this might be pretty usefull. i keep forgetting my cousin just moved to new york so i could have him get tickets for me.

or wait, did you stay that you can only get tickets there the day of the show? or was that something else. sorry for all the questions...

thanks for that link. actually this might be pretty usefull. i keep forgetting my cousin just moved to new york so i could have him get tickets for me.

or wait, did you stay that you can only get tickets there the day of the show? or was that something else. sorry for all the questions...

It is only the day of show, unfortuntely.

It is only the day of show, unfortuntely.

ah bummer. hmm oh well :) i just found a flight from San Fran to NY for $130 =] theres no way im not going to go when i can get a flight that cheap.

I was just writing about this for my blog and checked Green Day's tour schedule. They have a built-in break from Jun 12 to the 15th. Which would mean that they would have to fly from Germany for the Tonys and then head back to Manchester for the show on the 16th...

hmmmmmmm

might there be a Matinee on the 13th then...???

I know you emailed me...because now that would be sweet if there was and that would work perfectly

with my schedule! **schemes..and dreams of contests**

Ahh! I really hope I can go see this when I'm over there for some shows.

That'd be a nice way to end my trip. or start it, maybe..

I told my mum that American Idiot has now joined the ranks of musicals that made their debuts that have become standards and classics and part of our heritage..Oklahoma...The King and i...Hello,Dolly....all classics ..mum listened and loved those when she was a child and young woman...she is 70 now...I caught her humming 21 Guns before she even finished the song with me...I have never had that experience with her before....This , I think is very special for this to happen...I think its causing quite a buz and its time....now I am doing what my mum was doing at 37...enjoying and loving musical theatre! she loves Broadway....its important we don't lose Broadway..but keep it fresh and part of us. Green Day and Us are lucky to be part of this historical and pivotal time in theatre

this is soo perfect! my friend and i are spending our 21st's in nyc. just in time for the previews, againnn :D

you lucky duck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah I love it! :wub:

Great news!!

I'm moving back east next week and I was planning on taking my girlfriend to New York City sometime this year. :D

hmmmmmmm

might there be a Matinee on the 13th then...???

I know you emailed me...because now that would be sweet if there was and that would work perfectly

with my schedule! **schemes..and dreams of contests**

Suzanne, I don't think there are matinees on the Sunday of the Tonys. And unless they do a Monday show to make up for the lack of Sunday shows due to the Tonys, your only resort would be that Saturday.

J'Net - I just had the chance to read the recap you did of your second trip to see the show - LOVED IT! What an amazing time you had! The thought of having that long of a conversation with Mike or Billie makes me go faint. Even just reading it I was getting giddy. :lol:

Thank you! Actually, it's surprising how easy they are to talk to. They're just nice people like anyone else when they're not on stage :).

Seeing as how this is now hitting Broadway in a few months time, might show its successes in hitting London. I hope so, too.

I'll maybe go to New York with my family this summer.

do you think they still will show the american Idiot musical in July? I would be sooo happy if I could see it :woot:

Unless something extremely wrong happens, the show will be open on Broadway for at least six months (that's the normal contract). With the Tony's in June and depending on the outcome, July will be a busy time for them but they'll be open. Shows rarely close during the summer months... it's the winter months that are the hardest.

Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a London production or a DVD of the musical being released. If they decide to do a London production, it probably won't be until next year. And as far as DVDs go, Broadway shows are rarely recorded and if they are, it's when the show is closing and released only after the show closes. "Rent" and "Passing Strange" are some examples that come to mind.

BTW, some of the cast members are on Twitter if you want to follow them (None are really confirmed yet but 98.9% sure that Johnny's staying).

John Gallagher, Jr.- http://twitter.com/JohnGallagherJr

"So excited was I by yesterdays American Idiot announcement that I bought four video games online. A very adolescent form of celebration."

Michael Esper- http://twitter.com/airstreamrally

"Americanidiotonbroadway.com"

Gerard Canonico- http://twitter.com/Gerardcanonico

"American Idiot opens on 4/20......... Hahahaha"