American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

The tour of "American Idiot" will perform in Los Angeles at the Ahmason Theatre, March 14th to April 22nd in 2012.

Source

The tour of "American Idiot" will perform in Los Angeles at the Ahmason Theatre, March 14th to April 22nd in 2012.

Source

finally some info :woot:

Source

ducky i give up

can you send me the video please

What's this about Dawn throwing a party and the entire AI cast showing up ...?! :o I NEED DEETS, PEEPS.

What's this about Dawn throwing a party and the entire AI cast showing up ...?! :o I NEED DEETS, PEEPS.

No no, not the entire cast...just Billie, Adie, Stark, Esper, Rebecca, Michael Mayer, Bob Gruen, Bill Schneider, and Larry Livermore. :P

Edited by captain peroxide
You need specifics :P
  • Like 2

No no, not the entire cast...just Billie, Adie, Stark, Esper, Rebecca, Michael Mayer, Bob Gruen, Bill Schneider, and Larry Livermore. :P

Also Christina, Van, Leslie, and Alysha! I got there late, there probably were more people.

Edited by vla313

I KNOW I JUST READ THE MEET UP THREAD. Holy fuck, how awesome was that?! Never mind, I already know it was insanely awesome. :D I still didn't find out how Dawn managed to plan everything and get all the fans and cast in one place for the party, though! :o

Did Christina really go? It was her last show that night & I knew she had plans with her family afterwards.

I don't remember seeing Christina, but I also got there a little late

I enjoyed seeing Billie mouthing 21 Guns sitting there in the dark :blush:

• Like 1

Did Christina really go? It was her last show that night & I knew she had plans with her family afterwards.

I don't think she went. Moffie and I talked to her a little bit after the show and she was catching a cab.

No because I was walking over to the place with Joy and ran into Christina as she was hailing a cab. She definitely went out with her family. Poor girl was still crying.

So I finally downloaded the Cast album of AI.....it makes me cry remembering what a great fucking play it was to see. I feel so blessed that I got to see it and I really hope to go again!

• Like 1

I thought I'd share this :)

I listened to some clips of the cast album when it first came out and immediately decided it was awful. I listened to it in full today, hoping it'd bring back some memories and having way more respect for it now I'd seen that the show was beyond amazing after I expected that to be awful, too.

The album is brilliant - the clips don't do it any justice at all. I really enjoyed listening to it and I'm playing it again now because it was just so good. I was really getting into it but wondering how the hell I was going to react to it being Tony instead of Billie, not because of who Billie is but because he was the first St. Jimmy I saw so to me he just is St. Jimmy. But I was pretty taken aback. Tony was so good! Not the St. Jimmy, but if I'd seen Tony first I'd have thought the same about Billie. It really brought back the memories too. I definitely recommend it for anyone who's seen the show and wants to remember it, whether your St. Jimmy is Tony, Billie or Melissa. But see the show first - so you can appreciate quite how awesome it is and everything's a surprise when you get to the show. Listen to it in full too! It's still good but not as effective if you just pick out random songs.

• Like 2

I thought I'd share this :)

I listened to some clips of the cast album when it first came out and immediately decided it was awful. I listened to it in full today, hoping it'd bring back some memories and having way more respect for it now I'd seen that the show was beyond amazing after I expected that to be awful, too.

The album is brilliant - the clips don't do it any justice at all. I really enjoyed listening to it and I'm playing it again now because it was just so good. I was really getting into it but wondering how the hell I was going to react to it being Tony instead of Billie, not because of who Billie is but because he was the first St. Jimmy I saw so to me he just is St. Jimmy. But I was pretty taken aback. Tony was so good! Not the St. Jimmy, but if I'd seen Tony first I'd have thought the same about Billie. It really brought back the memories too. I definitely recommend it for anyone who's seen the show and wants to remember it, whether your St. Jimmy is Tony, Billie or Melissa. But see the show first - so you can appreciate quite how awesome it is and everything's a surprise when you get to the show. Listen to it in full too! It's still good but not as effective if you just pick out random songs.

Totally Agree!!! I am really glad I waited till after I saw the show to listen to the Cast album (which is spectacular). It is a wonderful way to bring back such great memories!

I KNOW I JUST READ THE MEET UP THREAD. Holy fuck, how awesome was that?! Never mind, I already know it was insanely awesome. :D I still didn't find out how Dawn managed to plan everything and get all the fans and cast in one place for the party, though! :o

The party was originally just a GDC meetup on Sunday night after the last show. Someone suggested the Irish Rogue since it has an upstairs area so it was just going to be "buy your own drinks and food and hang out." At some point, I guess Dawn got involved and wanted it to be the "Idiot Awards" for Green Day Across the World, the date got changed to Saturday instead and it all became more formal with food from the venue, a DJ/Karaoke guy and decorations. I heard several invitations were provided to the cast and BJA/Adrienne, both verbal and written, but no one really knew for sure that they were coming until they started walking in. It was a really fun party, even without the addition of rockstars and Broadway actors. :cool: Nothing like hanging with Green Day friends and screaming the profane part of Platypus along with everyone in a big crowd.

• Like 3

The party was originally just a GDC meetup on Sunday night after the last show. Someone suggested the Irish Rogue since it has an upstairs area so it was just going to be "buy your own drinks and food and hang out." At some point, I guess Dawn got involved and wanted it to be the "Idiot Awards" for Green Day Across the World, the date got changed to Saturday instead and it all became more formal with food from the venue, a DJ/Karaoke guy and decorations. I heard several invitations were provided to the cast and BJA/Adrienne, both verbal and written, but no one really knew for sure that they were coming until they started walking in. It was a really fun party, even without the addition of rockstars and Broadway actors. :cool: Nothing like hanging with Green Day friends and screaming the profane part of Platypus along with everyone in a big crowd.

I know there was karaoke and sing alongs, did Billie or the cast sing at all or was that after they left?

:lol: THAT would have been astounding. Nah, that was a while after they left, they were only there until about 10:45. I doubt the karaoke started until 11:30 or so.

Sorry if it has been already posted:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemonster/2011/03/american-idiot-coming-to-ahamanson-theatre-in-march-2012.html

The Broadway rock musical "American Idiot" -- which features hit songs by the punk band Green Day -- will be making its Los Angeles debut at the Ahmanson Theatre in March 2012. Organizers said the national tour will touch down at the Ahmanson from March 14 through April 22, 2012, with the official opening set for March 16.

"American Idiot" tells the story of three friends contending with war, religion, and other cataclysmic events. The musical had its world premiere in September 2009 at Berkeley Repertory and opened the following April at the St. James Theatre in New York, where it is still playing.

Directed by Michael Mayer, the show uses songs from the Green Day albums "American Idiot" and "21st Century Breakdown" and features a book by Mayer and Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong. The Broadway production received a Tony nomination for best musical, and won Tonys in the categories of scenic and lighting design.

Mayer previously directed the musical "Spring Awakening," which ran at the Ahmanson in 2008.

No casting information has been announced for the national tour, which kicks off in the fall, but producers are holding open casting calls for all roles in L.A., Chicago, Toronto and Boston. (The L.A. audition will take place Saturday at the Debbie Reynolds Studio in North Hollywood.)

Tom Hulce, the "Amadeus" actor who serves as a producer on "American Idiot," said in a phone interview from New York that the open auditions are a reflection of the show's punk-music roots. "It is as connected to contemporary pop music as it is to Broadway," he said. "We are extremely interested in anyone who would like to come to us from the rock, pop and punk end of it."

Hulce said that it's too early to say how much of the national tour will be cast from the open calls, but he added that Armstrong will be involved with the final casting decisions. "We're excited to see what we find. It will be a fairly national and involved process," said Hulce.

In addition to the national tour, producers are have conversations about foreign territories as well, though nothing has been finalized.

"American Idiot" will be part of the Ahmanson's upcoming 2011-12 season, which also includes the new musical "Bring It On."

Exciting!!

Still, fingers crossed for London. It will be the only chance I get to see the musical..

• Like 1

The new pro shots are just...weird.

I'm not saying anything negative about their performances or anything, but it's just so strange seeing different faces instead of John and Esper. And sad. :(

Like I said, I'm sure their performances are amazing (it's AI, and they are talented, duh) but it's just going to take a lot to get used to.