American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

On the February 26th evening encore audio, you can definitely hear me yell, "Welcome back, Miguel," at the beginning. I forgot how well the mics pick stuff up like that. :blush:

• Like 1

Listening to the latest recording of Good Riddance... I can't name all the actors anymore! The cast has changed so much, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's just different. Though it is nice hearing Gerard start the song again. :happy:

• Like 1

I finally got to see the musical for the first time on the 27th! It was phenomenal!! I laughed, cried, smiled, and had chills throughout the entire show! I could feel the intensity of their performance, and the audience's thrilling cheers was just fantastic! I loved it and i'm sooooooooooo glad that i had the opportunity to see the American Idiot Musical!! The cast were all so nice, and they put on one heck of a show!! I will never forget that day! Even thinking about it gives me the chills!! It was just.....AMAZING! :happy:

So...no one saw the show tonight? lol.

I've heard a couple reports, but the Davey stuff was so conflicting it's ridiculous. Although I think across the board it was that vocally he had a rough night. :( For whatever reason, no one said anything about Justin aside from one girl who thought he was good. *shrug*

Well, here's a FIRST, partial look at Davey Havok as St. Jimmy & Justin Guarini (blue in his hair) as Will for Good Riddance encore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTe-BbE8pOU

wow! first, i have to say, so weird seeing it so different, with Gerard starting it out and ah, etc. Davey looks skittish? nervous? what's the right word... But so very HAPPY! Justin looks comfortable. i don't know if i like what they did to his hair trying to make it look like Esper's Will. i would've liked to have him come up with his own sort of look

• Like 1

Well, here's a FIRST, partial look at Davey Havok as St. Jimmy & Justin Guarini (blue in his hair) as Will for Good Riddance encore!

wow! first, i have to say, so weird seeing it so different, with Gerard starting it out and ah, etc. Davey looks skittish? nervous? what's the right word... Justin looks comfortable. i don't know if i like what they did to his hair trying to make it look like Esper's Will. i would've liked to have him come up with his own sort of look

I'm DYING that they gave him Esper hair. It's such a change from his normal curly hair. In that respect I like it, that he's not immediately recognizable...b/c I saw him in Women on the Verge and while he did a good job, it really, really felt like "Oh look, there's Justin Guarini onstage playing a character."

I think Davey looks at first like he's nervous, but after he gets his solo in he looks like he's enjoying himself. Also he doesn't actually play guitar apparently? And that's always awkward to fake it. lol.

I am so, so curious. Even if it's crap, like some people on twitter are saying.

Edited by vla313

wow! first, i have to say, so weird seeing it so different, with Gerard starting it out and ah, etc. Davey looks skittish? nervous? what's the right word... But so very HAPPY! Justin looks comfortable. i don't know if i like what they did to his hair trying to make it look like Esper's Will. i would've liked to have him come up with his own sort of look

Thanks for the vid! It's kind of weird to see someone else do John and Esper's guitar solos, but hey! Justin looks like he fits right in and like he's having a ball, and I can totally see him as Will. And Davey does look a bit nervous, but he seems to be having lots of fun.

And on a shallow note, Van looks cute :blush::ninja:

i didn't really have an opinion about him, but i think i'm beginning to like Justin a lot :happy: I haven't heard his singing, but atleast he looks the part.

• Like 1

I gotta reserve judgement on them both until I see some video from the actual play, not the encore. :ninja:

Justin maybe should have gone for his own look instead of Michael's? Is he wearing the same Scott Pilgrim tee?

I gotta reserve judgement on them both until I see some video from the actual play, not the encore. :ninja:

Justin maybe should have gone for his own look instead of Michael's? Is he wearing the same Scott Pilgrim tee?

I don't think he had a choice in the matter. That's Will's costume, I know Declan has p[retty much the same costume for Will. I think the production pretty much makes these decisions, and they've been keeping everything standard. Like Krystina's costumes are either copies of Libby's or Christina's, depending on if Libby is wearing her old ensemble costumes (like during She's a Rebel) or EG's costumes (like during Whatsername).

I haven't heard of anything. I'm awaiting for news of someone after Davey... and the other cast member leaving. We'll see.

And if anyone is curious, here's LNOE from the Sunday matinee with Leslie as Heather:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/LNOE227m.mp3

who is the 3rd person leaving Plaid?

curious to see what Green Day fans answer to my next question

who do you think Lea Michele would play in American Idiot ( we all know most likely if she did not get Glee , she most likely would of been in American Idiot)

who is the 3rd person leaving Plaid?

who do you think Lea Michele would play in American Idiot ( we all know most likely if she did not get Glee , she most likely would of been in American Idiot)

I, for one, could not image Lea Michele as any of the 3 main girls, which would leave ensemble as the next choice ...but I'm not part of the production team, so who knows in which role the production would have cast her in :lol:

I don't know of this guy playing St Jimmy but that was the most adorable thing ever.. he seems so excited and like he can't believe he is there. Good luck to him.. I hope he does well/

I don't know of this guy playing St Jimmy but that was the most adorable thing ever.. he seems so excited and like he can't believe he is there. Good luck to him.. I hope he does well/

I don't think he had a choice in the matter. That's Will's costume, I know Declan has p[retty much the same costume for Will. I think the production pretty much makes these decisions, and they've been keeping everything standard. Like Krystina's costumes are either copies of Libby's or Christina's, depending on if Libby is wearing her old ensemble costumes (like during She's a Rebel) or EG's costumes (like during Whatsername).

That's true - I think if Ben had a choice in the matter, he would not wear that horrible crop top outfit he has to wear during She's A Rebel. :lol:

Does Van wear the same clothes JGJ did - the Indiana Jones tee, same red flannel shirt, etc?

Nah, I don't agree.

Although I guess I could see her in any of the three main roles if they punked her out enough.

Tripe, Van has everything the same as JGJ had with the exception of the plaid shirt in 'American Idiot.' He has a plaid one but not exactly like John's. Pretty much all the understudies had exactly what the lead wore except for the girls in their ensemble track outfits, the dresses for Rock and Roll Boyfriend, and the underwear/slips for Whatsername.

Jet, I'm not going to announce here who's leaving. But if you do some digging on Tumblr or Twitter, you can find the answer. Also, no way in hell would Lea be considered for Idiot.

That's true - I think if Ben had a choice in the matter, he would not wear that horrible crop top outfit he has to wear during She's A Rebel. :lol:

Omg i love that top! He looks so ridiculous in it :lol:

My favorite is Chase's leather corset and he's just jumping around in the back during that number. :lol:

can we organize all going to see esper's new show together? esperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Like 4

the Pub Trivia guy webcasts his pub trivia sessions so everything was videotaped, including what happened with John and after John left. If you want to see the video, you can find it linked on Twitter.

does anyone have a link to this?

i can't find it on twitter

the Pub Trivia guy webcasts his pub trivia sessions so everything was videotaped, including what happened with John and after John left. If you want to see the video, you can find it linked on Twitter.

does anyone have a link to this?

i can't find it on twitter

First off, most people here have no clue what you're talking about.

Lastly, thanks for quoting my Tumblr. You can find it on Twitter. I promise. Others have so you can, too. However, I will not be giving it out.

• Like 1

First off, most people here have no clue what you're talking about.

Lastly, thanks for quoting my Tumblr. You can find it on Twitter. I promise. Others have so you can, too. However, I will not be giving it out.

no problem :)

i have searched a lot ....i can't find it

can you pm it to me please...

can we organize all going to see esper's new show together? esperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Yes! Make it May and I'm so in.

I concur with this statement. :thumbsup: