American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I would have loved to have seen this at some stage or shared the experience, but due to financial issues and being halfway around the world it just never happened. But I love hearing everyone's stories and reading about all the amazing experiences. My only hope is that one day, I will get to experience something similar :)

It was great that before the show started instead of just announcing 'The role of St. Jimmy will be played by Billie Joe Armstrong" that they also announced Esper and Johnny as Will and Johnny, respectively.

The entrance applause for Esper was ridiculous. Like 3 minutes long.

And I officially hate Stark for his 'I fuckin' love you guys' in JOS. Not to mention his special riff that he does only for Esper. Heh.

There was the dildo and Billie leading the sing-along after 'St. Jimmy.' Plus Alysha's "dreamaboutit" at the end of TMTS. However, no real special changes.

Ooo... Becca peeking out of the covers and then going back underneath them before Novacaine was adorable. And Billie not wanted to give Johnny the drugs before "When It's Time" so Johnny slowly raised his hand to grab it. Cute, too.

Have to say, Billie was a crying mess during both shows yesterday during "When It's Time."

Since Johnny doesn't really have an entrance, people gave him applause during "Whatsername" which was strange but it worked.

Encore was the encore. I'm sure several videos are out there.

After the show was crazy outside but not as bad as I thought it would be. Most of the cast when out the glass doors to head to the after party. I was told Tre was there last night as well.

Michael was the second to last to come out and he signed & took pictures & gave hugs for most of the people before heading off to meet up with his family.

Johnny did the stagedoor thing last night but he did sign really quickly before leaving with his family.

If any of you London peeps see someone who looks like Johnny wandering around over there, it might just be him. :) He's heading over there soon for Jerusalem rehearsals..

The next big date will be March 13th which is Davey's, Wallace's and another cast member's last. Hopefully an announcement will be made soon...

• Like 3

I would have loved to have seen this at some stage or shared the experience, but due to financial issues and being halfway around the world it just never happened. But I love hearing everyone's stories and reading about all the amazing experiences. My only hope is that one day, I will get to experience something similar :)

The past two years has been a whirlwind of things Green Day related. My first live show was back in the summer 2009 shortly after the 21CB tour began. Then in April 2010 I won tix from MTV for opening-week seats at AIOB...what I didn't know til I got there was that the whole damn band was in da house and they jumped up to play a quick two-song set after the cast encore. Blew the whole fucking roof off the joint in the process. Then two more concerts last summer, and a return to NYC in January for an IC front-row performance right at the end of Billie's first 10-day stretch back as St. Jimmy. WHOOOOOooooooo. :whistle Yeah, it kinda sucks that I wasn't able to make it up for Dawn's meet-up on Saturday or the final performance for Billie, Michael, and Johnny last night, but that's one of the great things about this forum -- it's easy to live vicariously through the experiences of friends here who are able to make it, and I am insanely happy for all of them!

So I guess the only other thing I can say is keep your eyes posted here, you'll find out when more opportunities will come up for your own close encounters with the band. Especially with AAF, a new studio album in the works, and (I hope) another tour in another year or so, plus AIOB going on the road soon, there should be plenty more in the years ahead.

Have to say, Billie was a crying mess during both shows yesterday during "When It's Time."

Why do I have the strange feeling that even though Billie's run with the show is done, it's going to be hard to keep him away from Broadway now? Seems to me like he found himself comfortably and delightfully nestled in an element that a few months ago he had no idea would suit him as well as it does. I really hope last night isn't the last we see of him on the Great White Way.

I know I had a moment myself of sheer emotional upset after American Idiot last night, that I'm not going to go into, and I had to talk myself down also. It happens to us all. Just gotta dig your way out of it, and remember that good shit happens to everyone at least once. Hopefully.

Good things do happen to everyone, don't give up hope about that :happy:

I know its not relevant to this thread but yesterday I was having a really bad day, many things going wrong in a short space of time. I just ignored the bad feelings inside me, went to sleep and today I am having a great day. Great days are a rarity for me lately but it makes me appreciate them even more :happy:

Sorry I know its not relevant to AI but just try not to let things get on top of you.

Why do I have the strange feeling that even though Billie's run with the show is done, it's going to be hard to keep him away from Broadway now? Seems to me like he found himself comfortably and delightfully nestled in an element that a few months ago he had no idea would suit him as well as it does. I really hope last night isn't the last we see of him on the Great White Way.

I've been feeling this also. His dedication to the show, crazy respect for the cast and crew and creative team...hell, he's even gone to their solo gigs. And been in awe of peoples' talent. I'm glad he's been so inspired by the whole American Idiot process. I know I'll take him back any time. :D

• Like 1

It was great that before the show started instead of just announcing 'The role of St. Jimmy will be played by Billie Joe Armstrong" that they also announced Esper and Johnny as Will and Johnny, respectively.

The entrance applause for Esper was ridiculous. Like 3 minutes long.

And I officially hate Stark for his 'I fuckin' love you guys' in JOS. Not to mention his special riff that he does only for Esper. Heh.

There was the dildo and Billie leading the sing-along after 'St. Jimmy.' Plus Alysha's "dreamaboutit" at the end of TMTS. However, no real special changes.

Ooo... Becca peeking out of the covers and then going back underneath them before Novacaine was adorable. And Billie not wanted to give Johnny the drugs before "When It's Time" so Johnny slowly raised his hand to grab it. Cute, too.

Since Johnny doesn't really have an entrance, people gave him applause during "Whatsername" which was strange but it worked.

Encore was the encore. I'm sure several videos are out there.

After the show was crazy outside but not as bad as I thought it would be. Most of the cast when out the glass doors to head to the after party. I was told Tre was there last night as well.

Michael was the second to last to come out and he signed & took pictures & gave hugs for most of the people before heading off to meet up with his family.

Johnny did the stagedoor thing last night but he did sign really quickly before leaving with his family.

If any of you London peeps see someone who looks like Johnny wandering around over there, it might just be him. :) He's heading over there soon for Jerusalem rehearsals..

The next big date will be March 13th which is Davey's, Wallace's and another cast member's last. Hopefully an announcement will be made soon...

can you give a hint who the 3rd person is?

Well, he does have to go KICK SOME MAJOR MOTION PICTURE ASS. that could very well be his next "out of the box" fear-finding experience. i sure hope so.

• Like 1

I rallied while at work [now] and put up 90 of the 170 pictures that I have from last night on a flickr account. I'll put the complete set up on Facebook later tonight (much later):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60134925@N08/

If you want to use them somewhere, please let me know, send me a link, and link my blog (www.thatgirlallison.com). Enjoy!

• Like 3

Nice photos, Allison!

And people, the show's not over yet! We've got months to go before it really closes! Cheer up, everyone! :dance: :dance: :dance:

• Like 1

I rallied while at work [now] and put up 90 of the 170 pictures that I have from last night on a flickr account. I'll put the complete set up on Facebook later tonight (much later):

If you want to use them somewhere, please let me know, send me a link, and link my blog (www.thatgirlallison.com). Enjoy!

These are beautiful. Thank you!

this one makes me want to cry though. But in a good way. :)

Last night was amazing. Simply amazing.

The energy from the audience was amazing. The cast was brilliant and powerful.

I'm not gonna lie, I cried for about, 86% during the performance. I started to cry when American Idiot came on.

But, when Wake Me Up When September Ends came on, I cried harder but when We're Coming Home Again came on, I lost it.

Everybody around me was crying and the lady next to me was crying and we held hands it was great.

And it hit me when John was saying his final monologue for Whatsername that he wasn't gonna be there anymore and I felt really sad but, I was still happy at the same time.

On a happier note, Favorite Son was great. In my crazy ass mind, for a split second, I thought the dildo was real. I was like, "Esper, what are you doing over there?!" but, then I realized what it was and I was like, "Oh...okay. This is awesome." :lol:

And when Billie didn't give Johnny the drugs during "When It's Time" and Johnny had to reach up to get it, made me laugh as well.

All in all, last night was bittersweet.

Will has left his couch, Johnny has left Jingletown and St. Jimmy blew his brains out into the bay.

I'm still a little sad and emotional but, I'm happy that they're doing other things.

Michael, John and Billie will be missed.

These are amazing. Thank you so much!

I'm not gonna lie, I had to stop looking when I got up to the third page cause I was about to start crying.

Nothing wrong with crying, I just don't wanna cry in Dunkin Dounts. :lol:

• Like 2

So I saw the musical last night and I was nervous earlier that day because I honestly didn't know what to expect, seeing as how that was the first time seeing the AI Musical and the first time seeing a musical period. But good god, it was mind blowing, really. From American Idiot to Good Riddance, I had chills and tears in my eyes. It was honestly better than expected, just every single minute of the musical was amazing. I think the performances that stood out for me was Homecoming. I started crying happy tears when they all finally got back together at the end of that song. Just :')

Not only did I see the musical, but I had the honor or getting most of the cast's signatures and pictures with Rebecca, Christina, and Ben. They are all just the nicest people I have ever met.

All in all, I am just so proud of everyone involved in the production of this musical. They put on one hell of a show, and I'm so glad I got to see it! To anyone who hasn't seen it, I really hope you get the chance to see it some day, it's so worth watching!

• Like 2

Just a reminder: Aspen is scheduled to go on for Extraordinary Girl the matinee of the 5th. :) She's awesome & fierce so if you can see her go on before she leaves.

And I was so happy to see Leslie on for Heather yesterday afternoon. It's been a while since I've seen her on for Heather so it was great that she got to go on last time with Michael.

ETA: Here's the little things that Stark did during "Jesus of Suburbia" including the riff that Esper loves but Stark's not really allowed to do. Heh...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/last.mp3

• Like 1

I just got home and downloaded the Good Riddances now. It's so amazing to remember how you felt and being there at that moment.

I definitely cried on the plane rides home. I miss NYC, the Idiots and my friends.

Just a reminder: Aspen is scheduled to go on for Extraordinary Girl the matinee of the 5th. :) She's awesome & fierce so if you can see her go on before she leaves.

And I was so happy to see Leslie on for Heather yesterday afternoon. It's been a while since I've seen her on for Heather so it was great that she got to go on last time with Michael.

ETA: Here's the little things that Stark did during "Jesus of Suburbia" including the riff that Esper loves but Stark's not really allowed to do. Heh...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/last.mp3

what did he do different?

and tonight starts a new era of american idiot

does FUSE Know the Irony in showing From Justin To Kelly Tonight?

what did he do different?

and tonight starts a new era of american idiot

does FUSE Know the Irony in showing From Justin To Kelly Tonight?

When Johnny yelled "Tunny!" and Michael yelled "cocksucker!" in JOS when they first come together, Stark yelled, "I fucking love you guys!," which is not the script. But everyone went "Awwww." :wub: And apparently he did a small vocal run during his "I don't care" part at the end there, although I didn't notice it that night.

Anyone going tonight? I think it will be surreal to have so many of the main characters being played by someone else. Interested to hear the Justin reviews. Major shoes to fill.

When Johnny yelled "Tunny!" and Michael yelled "cocksucker!" in JOS when they first come together, Stark yelled, "I fucking love you guys!," which is not the script. But everyone went "Awwww." :wub: And apparently he did a small vocal run during his "I don't care" part at the end there, although I didn't notice it that night.

Yeah. Stark rarely does that 'riff' because he's not suppose to but Esper loves it when he does. :)

Anyone going tonight? I think it will be surreal to have so many of the main characters being played by someone else. Interested to hear the Justin reviews. Major shoes to fill.

A few of my friends are.

Speaking of understudies, it was kinda strange during the matinee on Sunday because about a fourth of the cast were what would have been considered understudies at the beginning of the run but half of those are now permanent roles.

Does that make sense to anyone else? :happy:

Libby!ExtraordinaryGirl, Miguel!Representative, Gerard!TMTS (perm.) along with Leslie!Heather, Aspen!Leslie, Omar!Andrew (u/s).

Am I the only one that didn't like Libby? Her voice doesn't match the music. And she was swimming in the Princess Jasmine costume.

I honestly thought I'd hate the musical but it was beyond amazing. The cast had so much energy and they were just so fucking talented. The first night it just blew me away. I always imagined St Jimmy kind of like Tony Vincent but Billie couldn't have been more perfect for the part. He fit into the cast so well. I'll post a recap in the St Billie thread at some point :D

Justin Guarini is trending on Yahoo

that's just odd

Melissa Etheridge was trending on her first day at AI.

Melissa Etheridge was trending on her first day at AI.

true it's good the publicity is out there

just i can not take justin guarini seriously in the show

but i should see it before i consider it bad