American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I LOVE the harmonies of the cast on Basket Case. Sooo pretty. Ugh I almost went to the show also! *facepalm*

I think Gaga could totally pull off St. Jimmy; she was originally theatre-trained (she occasionally sings Gershwin, and it's awesome) so she has a pretty flexible voice genre-wise. She's just found the pop techno stuff sells right now. Now that would bring ticket sales. lol.

Adding in this article from Broadway.com about what she told the cast:

“I went to [NYU drama school] Tisch to do exactly what you are doing on this stage,” she gushed to the cast. “That was my dream: Broadway and theater. I failed...and you guys are the rock stars! You should be so proud of yourselves.”

http://www.broadway.com/shows/american-idiot/buzz/155391/exclusive-lady-gaga-calls-american-idiot-cast-rock-stars-shares-own-broadway-dreams/

Srsly I'm lulzing over how many stars have been seeing American Idiot then talking about how they wanted to do Broadway growing up. Davey Havok just said it in an interview also. lol.

Edited by vla313
  • Like 2

Encore included "Basket Case" & "Good Riddance." :wub:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/time_of_your_life-3.mp3

Isn't it GORGEOUS!!! :dance:

erm, could someone make an mp3 of just Basket Case please, please, please? or is it available somewhere around here yet?? i'll love you forever! *bats eyelashes* :lol:

Thank you for the BJA, AI cast Gaga photos too! pretty awesome! :)

The acoustic version of "Basket Case" with the cast is AWESOME!!! thanks for posting it :)

I don't really like Lady Gaga and her shoes. but the pics are great. Billie looks on somes of them really funny :lol:.

Edited by letterbomb_19

Encore included "Basket Case" & "Good Riddance." :wub:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/time_of_your_life-3.mp3

:wub: BC sounds so good like that :blush:

Wallace mentioned on FB that she was just lovely and brought the whole cast gifts. Sweet.

Aww, that's so nice :wub: I love that she went to the show, it;s just such a funny thought somehow :lol:

I would like to see Gaga as St. Jimmy. Would be pretty cool, and I definitely think she could do it.

Billie likes gaga,

Rides on the eggmobile.

Billie walking around without pants?

I would like to see Gaga as St. Jimmy. Would be pretty cool, and I definitely think she could do it.

Oh yes, definitely. I would love to see that as well.

Billie walking around without pants?

i could go for that. :ninja:

Ahh! Johnny's tweet:

"Lady Gaga came to see American Idiot last night. The cast met her after. She hugged me. I was unprepared for the excitement that followed."

So does that mean that there's like one degree of separation between me and Gaga? Since we both hugged Johnny? :lol:

Ahh! Johnny's tweet:

"Lady Gaga came to see American Idiot last night. The cast met her after. She hugged me. I was unprepared for the excitement that followed."

So does that mean that there's like one degree of separation between me and Gaga? Since we both hugged Johnny? :lol:

Yes, absolutely YES!!!!

Was he talking about Gaga when he dedicated Basket Case to the kid outside the record store in 94? Because she did say it was the first album she bought with her own money.

Was he talking about Gaga when he dedicated Basket Case to the kid outside the record store in 94? Because she did say it was the first album she bought with her own money.

Yes. :wub:

Sorry to break off from the whole Basketcase/GaGa convo, but I'm not really caught up.

Which cast members will be leaving soon? =/

Sorry to break off from the whole Basketcase/GaGa convo, but I'm not really caught up.

Which cast members will be leaving soon? =/

Christina Sajous - 8pm Saturday, February 26th

Michael Esper & John Gallagher Jr. - 7:30pm Sunday, February 27th

Wallace Smith - 7:30 Sunday, March 13th

And I heard of another leaving in March, but I have to verify.

Fuck, soon the whole cast will have left :'(

Ah! I forgot Aspen is leaving on the 20th of March as well.

Fuck, soon the whole cast will have left :'(

It seems that way because it's the leads/featured members who left/are leaving. But they still have awesome cast members remaining.

Van is great as Johnny. Libby's good as Extraordinary Girl. Jeanna's Heather fine as well. Jason's great in Theo's ensemble track and Miguel & Gerard are killing his solos. Mikey and Jennifer have been wonderful swings. Although Wallace is leaving, original Favorite Son, Joshua Henry is returning, so that's awesome.

Besides those mentioned above, Alysha, Andrew, Ben, Chase, Declan, Leslie, Lorin and Omar are still fantastic as ensemble & swings.

Justin, PJ and Krystina will do fine.

And you still have Rebecca and Stark in their respective roles.

The show's still amazing and you should still go see it. :)

• Like 1

Just had a total emotional moment listening to the cast recording. Cried during When It's Time. Blatantly sobbed during Whatsername.

I'm going to be a mess Sunday. It's going to fucking suck so hard not being there.

Yes I know he's not dropping off the face of the earth but I am very emotional now, ok. Sue me.

Ah! I forgot Aspen is leaving on the 20th of March as well.

It seems that way because it's the leads/featured members who left/are leaving. But they still have awesome cast members remaining.

Van is great as Johnny. Libby's good as Extraordinary Girl. Jeanna's Heather fine as well. Jason's great in Theo's ensemble track and Miguel & Gerard are killing his solos. Mikey and Jennifer have been wonderful swings. Although Wallace is leaving, original Favorite Son, Joshua Henry is returning, so that's awesome.

Besides those mentioned above, Alysha, Andrew, Ben, Chase, Declan, Leslie, Lorin and Omar are still fantastic as ensemble & swings.

Justin, PJ and Krystina will do fine.

And you still have Rebecca and Stark in their respective roles.

The show's still amazing and you should still go see it. :)

who is PJ?