American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

One more day for us :dance: (til New York). Two more days for us til the musical :woot:

I'm so excited to meet everyone, to see some of friends again and of course, to see the musical for the very first time in my life :happy: This is gonna be the best week of my life!

That's exciting! Have a great time, Anja! :happy:

Ah really :/ so I guess last night isnt long enough ago. How does student rush work?

Apparently they only give you discounted tickets if they're available, and I'm pretty sure they're always either partial view or balcony, which are all sold out.

That means, they don't reserve special tickets for students. They only give you a discount on tickets that are available.

and according to broadway.com, only the expensive mez tickets are available. no partial views, no balconies.

I know I said I'm not going again but I failed. Me and my friend are going again saturday night. I hope security lets us stand out there and doesn't keep making us move further down the street like last friday.

One more day for us :dance: (til New York). Two more days for us til the musical :woot:

I'm so excited to meet everyone, to see some of friends again and of course, to see the musical for the very first time in my life :happy: This is gonna be the best week of my life!

I think you're already gone, but have a great time! :D

From Alysha Umphress' twitter:

Lady GaGa screamed "sing it sister' after my TMTS riff tonight. Annnnnnnd scene.

I would've payed serious money to have seen that happen.

Some photo's of Gaga with the cast.

Number 16 is a great one haha

http://gagadaily.com/2011/02/lady-gaga-visits-broadways-american-idiot/?utm_medium=twitter

photo #16 is simply precious! love love love that shot! BJA seems to have been totally charmed by her! either that or BJA is using HIS magical charming powers to get her into st. jimmy's role. either way feels like some awesome mutual love going around!

Wouldn't she make an awesomely weird st jimmy? Plus she's actually smiling in some of those photos!

id LOVE to see her as st. jimmy. i dont know anything about her. never listened to her music. those are the first photos ive really looked at of her. she looks stunning. and everyone in the cast looks quite taken by her in those photos. the other thing that struck me about her (from photos of the MSG show) is how her fans look so awesomely FREAKISH. puts us Green Day freaks to shame. Gaga fans REALLY know how to get their freak on.

Love those Gaga photos! Those shoes - eeeek! Hope she was in the Orchestra - navigating stairs in those would have been dangerous.

Wallace mentioned on FB that she was just lovely and brought the whole cast gifts. Sweet.

Encore included "Basket Case" & "Good Riddance." :wub:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/time_of_your_life-3.mp3

Oh holy flying f**k, what I would have given to see that last night. :) Basket Case sounds amazing acoustic with the cast backing up Billie on the vocals. Mega-squee!

Notice how Billie had trouble getting back into the right key for Good Riddance afterwards? Funny that. :lol:

Some photo's of Gaga with the cast.

Number 16 is a great one haha

http://gagadaily.com/2011/02/lady-gaga-visits-broadways-american-idiot/?utm_medium=twitter

#13's also a good one. Billie's being such a goof. :ninja:

id LOVE to see her as st. jimmy. i dont know anything about her. never listened to her music. those are the first photos ive really looked at of her. she looks stunning. and everyone in the cast looks quite taken by her in those photos. the other thing that struck me about her (from photos of the MSG show) is how her fans look so awesomely FREAKISH. puts us Green Day freaks to shame. Gaga fans REALLY know how to get their freak on.

She's definitely got the stage presence, the requisite freakishness, and the pipes for it (damn does she ever have a hell of a vocal range). Musically tho her genre is more Madonna-esque techno-pop, I suppose with a little house music crossover on one end and a little 80's new wave on the other, so I just can't predict how she'd do with Broadway-adapted punk. But what the hell, I say give her a shot at it!