American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I'm starting to think that it would be a great idea if the production people at the St. James attached some kleenex to the playbills on the 27th :lol:

I'm actually pretty proud of him with his Death of St. Jimmy...

Impressive!! Getting goosepimplyallover listening to his interpretation. :dance:

• Like 1

Geez. Calm down. This is what happens in theatre. People leave and get replaced. It's not uncommon especially coming up to the one year mark.

• Like 1

Oh man. That night is going to be insane. It's not gonna be the same without them, but...not gonna lie, Peacock sounds really good.

I'm really glad I get to see the musical again before all of them leave, though.

Also, I heard a rumor of who's replacing Christina. It's an interesting choice if it's true. I actually saw her at the show tonight... Let's just say, it's another SA alumni.

Also, I heard a rumor of who's replacing Christina. It's an interesting choice if it's true. I actually saw her at the show tonight... Let's just say, it's another SA alumni.

It's Libby that's replacing Christina.

Christina is actually leaving the evening of the 26th, not the 27th.

There will be no more standby so Chase, Dec and Ben will all be first covers.

I was told that there'll be a time next month where Van will be going on for Will because Justin & Dec will be out and the 2nd cover wouldn't have learned the track yet. Chase!Johnny will happen. But that's just a passing word.

ALWAYS wanted to see Chase!Johnny, so...

Rumors are pieces of information that may or may not come to fruition. When I posted about Christina's replacement, I specifically said 'rumor' as well as 'if it's true.' That means that it could be true or false. Never did I claim that it was fact.

Krystina Alabado is the Spring Awakening alumni who I was referring to. She was mentioned later on in the thread in someone else's post. The rumors mixed her up as EG and EG understudy, which is what she probably is. She said that she'll announced news on Saturday so wait for that confirmation.

Rumors are pieces of information that may or may not come to fruition. When I posted about Christina's replacement, I specifically said 'rumor' as well as 'if it's true.' That means that it could be true or false. Never did I claim that it was fact.

Krystina Alabado is the Spring Awakening alumni who I was referring to. She was mentioned later on in the thread in someone else's post. The rumors mixed her up as EG and EG understudy, which is what she probably is. She said that she'll announced news on Saturday so wait for that confirmation.

I know what rumors are. I was just saying that Libby is Extraordinary Girl. I saw her tweet. I'm stoked on it. She's always been a favorite of mine.

Sorry, Mommy. That post was mostly to jetsrule. :)

Then I'm sorry for getting snippy. It just seemed like it was directed at me since I'd commented that Libby would be the new Extraordinary Girl. Either way, I'm stoked to see it. I will miss Christina, but I've only ever seen Aspen on for her, so I'm thrilled that I'll finally get my chance to see Libby.

The thread moves quick. Heh.

It's funny that you saw Aspen and never Libby because Libby's been on more than Aspen. Heh. Libby!EG has a I Dream of Jeannie/Military Barbie look to her but I think she'll be fine.

The thread moves quick. Heh.

It's funny that you saw Aspen and never Libby because Libby's been on more than Aspen. Heh. Libby!EG has a I Dream of Jeannie/Military Barbie look to her but I think she'll be fine.

The only time I ever saw Christina out was the time I saw Aspen. I also saw Aspen!Alysha on one of those huge understudy nights. I think we had Van!Johnny, Corbin!Whatsername, and Declan!Will.

I haven't ever seen Libby though. Not even for Heather. The one time I saw anyone besides Jeanna or Mary as Heather, it was Leslie. It's always interesting to see the changes, and what everyone else can bring to the roles.

Okay, so advice please.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, tomorrow afternoon I want to present John with roses and a letter I'm finishing today, telling him how much I respect him as a performer and how much he is an inspiration just for his passion and drive and all that sentimental stuff. I want to give him three roses (one for each time I've seen him in the show). I'm also including the letter for two reasons. 1) I'm going to wait at the theatre before the show, since he doesn't usually come out after, so I don't want to take too much of his time and 2) I wouldn't be able to say all that I want to say without getting tongue-tied, (especially right to him!)I plan to give him the gift on his way into the theatre, thanking him for his hard work and everything else, then tell him I've said all I wanted to say in the letter so as not to waste his time.

How early should I get to the theatre before the matinee in order to ensure I meet him before he goes in? And will I have to deal with St. Billie fangirls crowded around waiting for Billie, as I did when I went in October?

Any advice is appreciated!

I saw the show with Chase as St. Jimmy last night. I thought physically he was excellent as St. Jimmy but unfortunately, he just didn't have the vocal strength for it. But I was actually kinda proud of him, which is really weird. I've never talked to the dude in my life, lol. Anyway, very happy that he got to go on and at least try it once.

As to Van replacing Johnny, I think it's an excellent choice. I've been loving his acting choices as Johnny. Congrats to him.

I've never seen Libby do EG, so I have no thoughts on that or Justin G... court is out on that. Kinda happy about Davey Havok. I gained a little respect for AFI during the last tour. I wouldn't go out and buy their music, but he certainly is a dynamic performer, and I think he's going to work nicely in the role for a few weeks.

The stunt casting is a little odd, but they'll work it out. At least the show isn't closing!

I saw the show with Chase as St. Jimmy last night. I thought physically he was excellent as St. Jimmy but unfortunately, he just didn't have the vocal strength for it. But I was actually kinda proud of him, which is really weird. I've never talked to the dude in my life, lol. Anyway, very happy that he got to go on and at least try it once.

Chase can never be full-time Jimmy, but for a short understudy stint, I think he works. His LNOE is one of my favorites, though. He was at least entertaining and was a nice combination of all the Jimmys. But vocally, his Johnny (from the little I've heard) is better than his Jimmy.

And yes, I get the whole proud thing, too. But I've talked to him. Heh... I think it's because he's one of the babies of the group and you kinda wanted to see him go on for a lead role. :lol:

Really glad I'll get to see the musical with John before he leaves! I know they can't stay in there forever, but I've got kind of used to them being those characters. :lol: They just seem to suit them so well.

How early should I get to the theatre before the matinee in order to ensure I meet him before he goes in? And will I have to deal with St. Billie fangirls crowded around waiting for Billie, as I did when I went in October?

Any advice is appreciated!

That's really nice that you're going to do that, I'm sure he'll appreciate it :)

I haven't seen AI yet so I can't be sure, but from what I've heard, there's more people waiting around after the show rather than before. As for how early you need to be there I really don't know... probably go quite a while in advance to make sure you catch him.

Chase can never be full-time Jimmy, but for a short understudy stint, I think he works. His LNOE is one of my favorites, though. He was at least entertaining and was a nice combination of all the Jimmys. But vocally, his Johnny (from the little I've heard) is better than his Jimmy.

And yes, I get the whole proud thing, too. But I've talked to him. Heh... I think it's because he's one of the babies of the group and you kinda wanted to see him go on for a lead role. :lol:

Yes, his LNOE was really nice, very heartfelt. Better than Melissa, by far, for emotive quality, at least.

He had to catch his breath a little bit during St. Jimmy, but I also liked his KYE. I've never seen him as Johnny.

It strikes me as a little odd that he took a vacation AND is leaving 2 1/2 weeks later. Maybe it's due to something but that's not like Gallagher, performer-wise.

Got my ticket and flight is booked. Excited for my Idiot-filled trip! :dance:

• Like 1