American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I just saw this

http://www.broadway.com/shows/american-idiot/buzz/155142/weekend-poll-which-2011-grammy-nominee-should-join-the-cast-of-american-idiot/

and I thought it was quite interesting. To be honest I'm not a fan of any of those people, but it might be interesting to see how it turned out. What do you guys think?

I just saw this

http://www.broadway.com/shows/american-idiot/buzz/155142/weekend-poll-which-2011-grammy-nominee-should-join-the-cast-of-american-idiot/

and I thought it was quite interesting. To be honest I'm not a fan of any of those people, but it might be interesting to see how it turned out. What do you guys think?

As soon as I saw Justin Beaver's face I couldn't take it serious at all. And what, Lady Gaga as St. Jimmy.. Lol! No thanks.. That's all I have to say. Not gonna vote. :)

I wouldn't mind lady gaga in it, just keep the piece of shit that is justin beaver away from anything green day related please :lol:

:lol: I'm trying to imagine Lady Gaga as St. Jimmy.

I imagined her singing Homecoming, and after she took off her shirt, there was the meat dress. lololol

• Like 1

Ozzy Osbourne is St. Jimmy! AWesome hahaha Very oldie looks St. jimmy in many, many years!

I Like idea! Rihanna as Extroardinary Girl :) or whatsername!

Edited by Ferna

I imagined her singing Homecoming, and after she took off her shirt, there was the meat dress. lololol

:lol:

Or she'd wear that red dress she wore to the VMA's that one year.

lol at the moment Adam lambert takes the lead :thumbsup: Bieber? ewwhhh no

from the video and audio I don't really like our female St. Jimmy the clothing style is cool but I don't think she really fits :pinch:

Thanks Tanya! Yeah, it's similar alright, isn't it? Although I'm certain that we weren't thinking the same things at that moment :P

Bad girl/good girl :whistle

I went to the show last night and had left orch PV seats in Row A - different and great to see it from that perspective, but my neck ached a bit by the time it was over, lol. Don't know why I never noticed before, but Michael Esper has a huge saliva thing going on, lol! You do see a lot more stuff when you're close up, but I never really noticed that before. After Rock and Roll Girlfriend, his mic started making really loud, horrible noises. I didn't know it was his mic until he came out with a hand-held one - we were joking that he shorted out the headset. :lol: As always the cast was great - it was my first time seeing anyone else doing 'Johnny,' and I think Van was awesome! There were things I missed about JGJ's 'Johnny' but then other things that I thought were brilliant like the way Van accented some of the lines, his pronunciation and timing was just great as well. I would love to see him (or Chase for that matter) do 'St. Jimmy' - while watching them, you can see that they'd do the part justice. I dunno - just something in both their eyes.

As far as Melissa Etheridge...I think she did a great job with the songs. She really rocked them and put everything into it - better than what I'd seen earlier in the week on videos. Her voice is amazing, and she looked really cool. I think the problem I have with her is that she just doesn't have the passion for the music like everyone else in the show does (or did). She sings the songs, but you don't 'feel' them like you do when Billie does it or when Tony did. It has nothing to do with her being a woman either because I think that could work if the right woman did it. She felt like an addition, albeit that's exactly what she is, but I dunno - it just felt like she wasn't part of the family and didn't have the passion and love for the music, which is a lot of why this musical worked for me from the beginning. The love and respect that this cast has for the music is special, and it shows in every performance I've seen.

After seeing Melissa perform, I really hope they don't continue bringing celebrities in to boost sales or keep the show going. This music is so special and precious to so many of us; I would hate for it to become just another musical and I would rather see it close on an up note.

Oh, and a few techical difficulties...both Melissa and the new blonde guy (Mikey, is it?) sang the wrong words to Good Riddance. Ok, it was only one word each, but to me that's a sacrilege!

And I am happy cause I finally got me one (or two) of those "Love Happened Here - May 5th" pink papers. :D

As far as Melissa Etheridge...I think she did a great job with the songs. She really rocked them and put everything into it - better than what I'd seen earlier in the week on videos. Her voice is amazing, and she looked really cool. I think the problem I have with her is that she just doesn't have the passion for the music like everyone else in the show does (or did). She sings the songs, but you don't 'feel' them like you do when Billie does it or when Tony did. It has nothing to do with her being a woman either because I think that could work if the right woman did it. She felt like an addition, albeit that's exactly what she is, but I dunno - it just felt like she wasn't part of the family and didn't have the passion and love for the music, which is a lot of why this musical worked for me from the beginning. The love and respect that this cast has for the music is special, and it shows in every performance I've seen.

I felt like Melissa did well Tuesday night. The only song I thought she did REALLY good was LNOE

Yea, that is spot-on, Cheryl, for sure.

I wouldn't mind them bringing in another "star" for St. Jimmy, but it certainly should be someone who has a passion for pop-punk and the music of American Idiot. I'm going to trust the producers on this BECAUSE I KNOW THAT THEY READ THIS THREAD (or at least I assume), that they will not go too "Broadway" in their casting. Cause that would just... hurt.

I was thinking about going back to see it tomorrow night after the Idiot Nation Meet and Greet, but I think I'm going to wait to see Chase Peacock as St. Jimmy. I'm dying to see him do it... and I'm still trying to get my ass to San Fran for the Frustrators.

Lotto and student rush... thank god for these two things...

I just saw this

Haha, oh my god, that's insane/great! :lol:

Interesting options:

Eminem as Tunny - I can see the similarities on the looks, but he'd make a badass-in your face Tunny.

Lady Gaga as St. Jimmy - weirdly enough, I could imagine it... :lol:

Buble as Tunny - I love Michael, but...I don't know. Would it make for a jazzy Tunny? :lol:

This poll is great :lol:

I think Adam as St. Jimmy would be pretty cool. Just sayin.

And it would never happen, since Stark is (as of now) going to be there for a while, but if Aaron Tveit ever went on as Tunny...I would explode. I just want to hear him sing Are We The Waiting. That is all.

I think that Adam Lambert would kick ass playing St. Jimmy. :cool::lol:

Anyway...I finally caved in and got a ticket for the final show.

Right Mezz, row E.

I feel a sense of accomplishment right now. :lol:

I felt like Melissa did well Tuesday night. The only song I thought she did REALLY good was LNOE

Yeah, I think she did well, too - I think she gave it her all, and she really does have an amazing voice! I loved her "Know Your Enemy"; it was intense! But like I said, the passion for the music just wasn't there, and it just didn't do it for me.

Yea, that is spot-on, Cheryl, for sure. I wouldn't mind them bringing in another "star" for St. Jimmy, but it certainly should be someone who has a passion for pop-punk and the music of American Idiot. I'm going to trust the producers on this BECAUSE I KNOW THAT THEY READ THIS THREAD (or at least I assume), that they will not go too "Broadway" in their casting. Cause that would just... hurt.I was thinking about going back to see it tomorrow night after the Idiot Nation Meet and Greet, but I think I'm going to wait to see Chase Peacock as St. Jimmy. I'm dying to see him do it... and I'm still trying to get my ass to San Fran for the Frustrators. Lotto and student rush... thank god for these two things...

Thanks Tanya :) I agree with you, too, about hoping that they don't go too 'Broadway' with it, and I have faith in the producers that they'll do the right thing here. (At least what I consider 'the right thing.' :lol: ) Good luck with all your adventures :) I'd love to see Chase/St. Jimmy as well, but don't think I'll be getting there for that - can't wait to hear what y'all have to say about his performance!