American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

While Theo has had his moments, he's alway been nice to me. And just because a significant other is said to be a bitch, that doesn't mean that person is a bad person, too.

IMHO.

• Like 1

It's actually easier to hire a new lead actor, that way you only have to teach them ONE part. If you hire a new swing, that's a LOT more rehearsal time because they have to learn 3-5 new tracks.

And sometimes your salary ends up being more than a lead/featured role if you're an ensemble or swing who understudies. Maybe not JGJ or Stark's salaries but maybe Jeanna's. :)

And sometimes your salary ends up being more than a lead/featured role if you're an ensemble or swing who understudies. Maybe not JGJ or Stark's salaries but maybe Jeanna's. :)

Yup, this is true too. Swings get a set salary every week and then they get a little more (I'm not exactly sure how much more) for every time they actually step foot on the stage in one role or another.

I might as well weigh in on St. Melissa...

St. Jimmy (to me) is a manifestation of Johnny's self-destructive alter-ego.

If I was to unleash a self destructive, drug pushing, manic alter-ego, it would not come in the form of a middle aged woman who plays acoustic guitar.

I'm sorry, I do like Etheridge's music and the woman herself, but I can't see past this being a stunt to boost ratings. Call me cynical, and I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm yet to discover the logic behind why this is a good move.

• Like 2

While Theo has had his moments, he's alway been nice to me. And just because a significant other is said to be a bitch, that doesn't mean that person is a bad person, too.

IMHO.

He's probably only been nice to you because you met him outside of AI after the show when he went out of stage door (everyone screaming for his autograph/picture, building his huge obnoxious ego). I've noticed that when the attention is on him, he's very pleasant.

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing him at the Foxboro Hottubs show at Bowery. The entire time he was so damned concerned with trying to get on the stage so he could be apart of a show that had nothing to do with him. The only way to get on stage was either to crowd surf or go around to the left side and push your way up, which was difficult since it was a crowd of people. I was standing on the left side in the front row and he literally shoved me into my friend so he could get to the side of the stage. Not just squeezed through-- physically took his hands and put them on my shoulder and shoved me, causing us both to fall on the floor. My friend screamed "What the $#@&*?!?!" and he goes, "Oh.... sorry" in a sarcastic tone. Idiot.

Then another encounter with him was before the show at TV's last performance. Billie surprisingly was rehearsing at St. James and around lottery time he came outside to exit with Theo. Since I've pretty much paid for Billie's mortgage at this point in my life and no one else was around or knew Billie was even there, I decided to ask him for a picture. Theo proceeded to roll his eyes and say "Ughhhh, oh no!!" like I was interfering with his schedule. It was actually rather embarrassing in front of my idol of 17 years. Billie shot Theo a look and then looked back at me and kind of didn't know what to say since Theo made the moment so awkward. So I responded back "It will only take a minute, trust me" and I got my damned picture. Theo the moment killer.

Once again... talented actor, but huge douchebag.

• Like 2

Yeah, when I saw AI there was this extremely drunk man, he had had 4-5 drinks during the show and it really pissed me off because there was people like me, which it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see this show & this guy was just ruining it and being an ass to everyone around us. :mad:

He also was rude to Adrienne which pissed me off even more.

Who does Theo play? Guilty of being a total idiot (pun intended) when it comes to the cast

Isn't Theo just in the ensemble? /bad when it comes to the cast as well

Yeah. He has the little "zieg hiel" bit in Holiday and also sings Too Much Too Soon with Jeanna, Michael, and Alysha. I'll really miss him and don't get all the Theo hate. He's never been anything to but lovely and adorable to me or any of my friends.

Has anyone ever had the partial view seats Left Orch, Row A, seats 9 & 11? If so, what's cut out and how are the seats?

Has anyone ever had the partial view seats Left Orch, Row A, seats 9 & 11? If so, what's cut out and how are the seats?

I have the same exact seats for the Feb 4th show. I've been a bit further back than that, like C or D, but I was wondering the same about Row A, too.

I think Theo probably has the potential to be a huge douchebag on occasion. He has "diva' written all over him!

That said, he has only been pleasant to me and was very kind to my daughter for the limited times we have been face to face with him. :)

Cheryl, I'm so glad you are going to see St. Melissa! Can't wait to hear what you have to say about her in the show.

I'm going to try for Friday night, so maybe we can help each other! :) I never win, so just remember that!

Ok, hopefully I'll see you there. It all depends on 'stuff', so I won't know til last minute. But I've got the bug, and I haven't seen Billie this time around yet. :) One of us hopefully will win - I've never seen it from the front before. :) And be positive!! One of us WILL win!

I think Theo probably has the potential to be a huge douchebag on occasion. He has "diva' written all over him!

That said, he has only been pleasant to me and was very kind to my daughter for the limited times we have been face to face with him. :)

Cheryl, I'm so glad you are going to see St. Melissa! Can't wait to hear what you have to say about her in the show.

Yeah, I am definitely intrigued, and Amy is coming in that weekend (we were trying to meet up anyway), so it gave me the perfect opportunity to go. That video you posted from the Grammys (I think it was you, lol.) really hooked me into thinking she can do the part. She may be 'middle-aged' *cringe* and have an acoustic guitar, but the woman definitely has awesome pipes and more importantly, she has balls! :lol:

I have the same exact seats for the Feb 4th show. I've been a bit further back than that, like C or D, but I was wondering the same about Row A, too.

I've heard it's an awkward angle, but I wanted to hear about what others think. How is row C/D? The rows are pretty close together, so if row C is decent, I feel like A would be somewhat the same, but I could be wrong. Row A is actually the 2nd row, isn't it? Because I think BB is before it.

I've talked to and been around Theo several times outside of the show and he's been very nice. He wasn't trying to get attention. He was being very normal and calm. That Tubbie show was a crazy night. It could be the exception not the rule.

I sat in Row B, seat 9 tonight. The view from Row A, seat 9 isn't too bad. You do have the stage there in front of you. You have Esper & the couch blocking the bed during some songs. You won't see "City of the Damned" nor the first verse of "Dearly Beloved" as well as Whatsername's window. Anything happening upstage will be out of view. Those seats, if still available, are usually sold as partial view lottery loser seats for $37.

I've talked to and been around Theo several times outside of the show and he's been very nice. He wasn't trying to get attention. He was being very normal and calm. That Tubbie show was a crazy night. It could be the exception not the rule.

I sat in Row B, seat 9 tonight. The view from Row A, seat 9 isn't too bad. You do have the stage there in front of you. You have Esper & the couch blocking the bed during some songs. You won't see "City of the Damned" nor the first verse of "Dearly Beloved" as well as Whatsername's window. Anything happening upstage will be out of view. Those seats, if still available, are usually sold as partial view lottery loser seats for $37.

Theo was a bit flirty when I saw him that night at the Bowery Elec dancing in the crowd! :D I danced with him a bit!

Thanks again for the info, Plaid! I liked the view from rows C and D, although I wouldn't recommend to someone who has never seen it. I thought A was about the same, but I wasn't sure if you had the speakers in the way as well.

Theo was a bit flirty when I saw him that night at the Bowery Elec dancing in the crowd! :D I danced with him a bit!

Awwwwwwwwwww! :wub:

Well everyone has the potential to be a douchebag if you catch them at the wrong time or in the wrong mood.

• Like 1

I've got a question for everyone who has seen the musical already.

I know it says you aren't allowed to take photos or record the musical, but are they strict with those rules? In some venues (for gigs) they say you aren't allowed a camera at all, but they don't bother when you bring one and use it. I'm not sure how things work with this because I've never seen a musical in general before.

I've got a question for everyone who has seen the musical already.

I know it says you aren't allowed to take photos or record the musical, but are they strict with those rules? In some venues (for gigs) they say you aren't allowed a camera at all, but they don't bother when you bring one and use it. I'm not sure how things work with this because I've never seen a musical in general before.

Yes. On broadway, no photography is a strict rule. You're allowed to bring a camera for photos outside the theatre/with the actors after if you wish, but its considered disrespectful to the actors to take photos in the theatre. Plus, the light is rather distracting.

Yes. On broadway, no photography is a strict rule. You're allowed to bring a camera for photos outside the theatre/with the actors after if you wish, but its considered disrespectful to the actors to take photos in the theatre. Plus, the light is rather distracting.

Ah, okay.

Thank you. :)

The other week they were making people put cameras away and stopping them from taking pictures before the show had even started. I did see people use cameras during the show though.

Personally I would be worried about the flash going off and causing an actor injure themself if they get distracted.

The other week they were making people put cameras away and stopping them from taking pictures before the show had even started. I did see people use cameras during the show though.

Personally I would be worried about the flash going off and causing an actor injure themself if they get distracted.

So, if someone tries to use a camera (in the theatre, during the show), they'd make them put it away? Or would they take it off them/remove them from the theatre?

Before the show started people were taking pictures of the people they were with etc and they got stopped and told to put the camera away. They kept repeating "No photography at all in the theatre". I didn't see anyone get stopped during the show but did see a few cameras, I don't think the ushers noticed them though.