American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Funny thing about the matinee... Esper was very chatty on the couch. He and Jeanna didn't even kiss during "Holiday." She was talking for a little bit but then he took over telling stories. Like hand motions and everything. When Miguel & Dec joined him, same thing - Esper was chatting them up. When Theo joined him, ditto. I don't know. It was amusing. However, someone on his side of the stage was taking a picture and he gave her an evil glare.

Can I ask something? What exactly is he supposed to be doing on the couch during Holiday?

I could be completely wrong, but I always thought of that as like someone with a drug addiction. You might be over whatever you're dependent upon, but it never really goes away. It's always lurking, with the potential to come back and destroy a person again. With American Idiot, it really leaves the story line open. You don't know if St. Jimmy will ever show up again, but he will probably always be in the back of Johnny's mind.

Oh yeah I know sorry I phrased the question kinda badly. I'm not looking for an interpretation, more of how it physically is performed on the stage?

Technically:

Sean Wing

Joshua Henry

Mary Faber

Joshua Kobak

Sydney Harcourt

Tony Vincent

Corbin Reid

Coming up:

Theo Stockman

Michael Esper

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: : :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::mad:

how do you know that he's leaving? :(

Oh yeah I know sorry I phrased the question kinda badly. I'm not looking for an interpretation, more of how it physically is performed on the stage?

Oh, ok, sorry about that :lol:

From about 1:55 to 2:05 in the cast recording of Whatsername, Jimmy stands on top of the staircase and kind of raises his arms as the chorus sings, and the lights sort of flash on him, and then he quickly goes back through the door next to him.

People leave Broadway shows. It happens; chill. Esper is leaving to be in a play, reprising a role he's played once before. We have no idea when he's leaving. HE doesn't even know yet (apparently.) But he's got time. Theo didn't go to the GG probably because he still have a job and he needs to finish up before moving.

Oh and rumors are flying! Won't believe any of them until they happen, though. IF they happen.

Got it? (hopefully the got it doesn't sound bitchy. Just trying to help answer questions.)

People leave Broadway shows. It happens; chill. Esper is leaving to be in a play, reprising a role he's played once before. We have no idea when he's leaving. HE doesn't even know yet (apparently.) But he's got time. Theo didn't go to the GG probably because he still have a job and he needs to finish up before moving.

Oh and rumors are flying! Won't believe any of them until they happen, though. IF they happen.

Got it? (hopefully the got it doesn't sound bitchy. Just trying to help answer questions.)

I echo Moffie. Everyone needs to chill the eff out. Unless you're in Phantom and have a mortgage to pay, you're probably not going to be in the same show for more than a year. AEA members are encouraged to go out and work on new projects because there is NO job security in this industry. They could be out of a job tomorrow and they don't want to have zero prospects for future projects.

I don't think you did something wrong (: When I bought my tickets back in December, I did the same thing as you, I put my name for the billing info so it was written on the tickets too, and I put my mom's card number because obviously I don't have one. I'm pretty sure they say that the order is subjet to final approval in each email they send cos I received the same message in mine and everything was ok. I think it only means the transaction will eventually be shown on your credit card account to pay it after or something like that..

I don't know if the 0047 you wrote first is like your area code. Like here it's 514 so I put 514 before my phone number and in the billing info on my email it was written 1-514 because calling from Montreal to New York is a long-distance call. Idk if it's why it says +470047 on yours now.. Anyway I hope it helps you a bit :)

okay thank you thats very comforting! :happy: i was getting kind of nervous.

yeah 0047 is an area kode, but the e-mail is still there so i guess it should be alright.

What is suppose to happen on the couch during is pretty much showing Will & Heather as a 'happy couple.' They chat a little bit. Snuggle, caress, kiss.. Then Heather leaves to take the guitar and pregnancy tests off-stage and when she returns, they go into a full blown make-out session until the end of the song.

Clear as mud? ::lol::

I just got the biggest "Oh my God" feeling in my stomach just there when I realised that I will be seeing this in 10 days. Oh my. :o

I dont know if this question has been asked already but, is it possible for Billie to get nominated for awards for his performance on AI when award season comes around again??

you're not seeing the musical every single day, are you? maybe i can go on a weekday and be home by 10 or something.

I only bought one ticket in advance but only because I wanna try my luck when I'm in NY. So it will be a spontanous decision, I wanna buy the rest at the box office. That'd be great if you could do that :happy: We could try the lottery and if we dont win just buy tickets at the box office. Or just hang out in the city or whatever.

My daughter said she is happy Theo is leaving because he looked crazy!! I liked him.

He really does look kinda crazy but in a good way I think :lol:

His part in holiday is so great, it has some madness to it that really catches your attention

What is suppose to happen on the couch during is pretty much showing Will & Heather as a 'happy couple.' They chat a little bit. Snuggle, caress, kiss.. Then Heather leaves to take the guitar and pregnancy tests off-stage and when she returns, they go into a full blown make-out session until the end of the song.

Clear as mud? ::lol::

Very clear :lol: I was getting a bit confused after some comments on Esper and Holiday, so I was wondering that. But it's all cleared up now, Thanks, plaid. :)

I dont know if this question has been asked already but, is it possible for Billie to get nominated for awards for his performance on AI when award season comes around again??

No. Unlike TV shows, theatre shows (and everything that falls underneath that banner-lead actor, featured actor, director, etc.) can only be eligable once- when it first opens. Revivals are eligible but only after the original run closes, and it can be many years between the two.

He really does look kinda crazy but in a good way I think :lol:

His part in holiday is so great, it has some madness to it that really catches your attention

I agree, Holiday is one of my favourite performances in the show.

I gotta ask... For those who say that Theo is their favorite and that they can't picture anyone else in that role, have you seen/heard Gerard or Miguel in that track?

I gotta ask... For those who say that Theo is their favorite and that they can't picture anyone else in that role, have you seen/heard Gerard or Miguel in that track?

I know you asked of those who haven't seen Miguel and Gerard.... Love them both in the track. They take the Gasman line a lot more seriously than Theo seems to do. It's a very powerful line and I find Theo's mugging takes away from the impact of the line. Miguel, in particular (as does Gerard), make it a lot more real and therefore menacing. This is a personal opinion, so take from it what folks may...

• Like 1

I'd rather have Gerard bumped to Theo. I, uh, heard his Theo and I like him better.

Haha, it'll be like Spring Awakening all over again; Gerard getting bumped up to another role (IF it happens) after the others leave. Mikey could take over Gerard's track, Miguel stays in his track and Gerard would have Theo's. It would be perfect.

No, I only saw the show last week for the 1st times. I hope to see it again after Billie Joe has finished as St Jimmy though.

I could be completely wrong, but I always thought of that as like someone with a drug addiction. You might be over whatever you're dependent upon, but it never really goes away. It's always lurking, with the potential to come back and destroy a person again. With American Idiot, it really leaves the story line open. You don't know if St. Jimmy will ever show up again, but he will probably always be in the back of Johnny's mind.

This is exactly what I've always taken out of these particular scenes. Exactly.

And I'm really fucking upset Theo and Esper are leaving ... Fucking sucks. This musical is going to be so different in a few weeks ... If they replace John and Rebecca I'm gonna really flip out. I still haven't gotten over Tony!

In happy news, I'M GOING TO BE IN NEW YORK SEEING THE MUSICAL AGAIN IN NINE FUCKING DAYS HOLY SHIT AND I HAVEN'T EVEN FULLY DECIDED WHAT I'M WEARING AND BRINGING WITH ME WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK STARTING TO FREAK OUT NOW OH DEAR

In happy news, I'M GOING TO BE IN NEW YORK SEEING THE MUSICAL AGAIN IN NINE FUCKING DAYS HOLY SHIT AND I HAVEN'T EVEN FULLY DECIDED WHAT I'M WEARING AND BRINGING WITH ME WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK STARTING TO FREAK OUT NOW OH DEAR

You're going to be there the same time as us! Except we're going to see the show on the 27th.

okay thank you thats very comforting! :happy: i was getting kind of nervous.

yeah 0047 is an area kode, but the e-mail is still there so i guess it should be alright.

You're welcome :happy:

Yeah everything will be ok! And have a nice trip to NYC (:

Gerard was amazing when I saw the musical! Theo wasn't there January 6 so Gerard took his place and he was really great :happy: His parts I liked the most were in Holiday and Too Much Too Soon! I can't compare Theo's way of doing his role with the way Gerard does it cos I've only seen Gerard, but I'm sure Theo's awesome (:

It's really sad Theo's leaving and Esper omg :( One of my favorite cast member! I understand they need to keep being busy and need to have a lot of projects coming up because of the Broadway industry they're in but still..

OMG Mallory, you're in AA too right? I've seen the musical row AA seat 105 on Jan 6 and it was the best seat ever imo, you see everything :woot:

We were so close, it was unbelievable! Lots of eye contact with the cast too because they're right there in front of you and omg I died :lol:

And at the end of Good Riddance, when they're doing their last bows, the cast members usually give their guitar pick! Mareike, who sat right next to me, got Esper's pick and I gave a card to Billie! So yeah you're gonna have a fucking great time!