American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I'm actually thinking of staying a little longer as I have the entire March off. Problem is just that I can't afford a hotel for more than a week. So I could stay in a hotel until Feb 28 or so and then have to find a free or utterly cheap place to stay at.....sooooo...if you really mean that I could stay with you and wouldnt have to pay *cough*, then maybe I could actually hang out in Jersey for a few days. I dont know.

I'll ask my parents. The problem is that I have school, so you'd just be sitting at home when I'm there. There's still stuff to do around here, though, so if I have a car (or can borrow my parents) then maybe I can take you somewhere to go when I'm there. I might be able to see if you can visit my school (Jill did that when she came last year), but I'm not sure if you can, since you're out of high school.

Mikey Screwed Up The lyrics to Time of Your Life AGAIN Tonight

I KNOW He's New But Come On Man 2 Nights In A Row

lol that's like their most popular song. it's understandable if you don't remember something like favorite son, but good riddance? even non green day fans know that one

I'll ask my parents. The problem is that I have school, so you'd just be sitting at home when I'm there. There's still stuff to do around here, though, so if I have a car (or can borrow my parents) then maybe I can take you somewhere to go when I'm there. I might be able to see if you can visit my school (Jill did that when she came last year), but I'm not sure if you can, since you're out of high school.

I've just booked my flight last night so I will be staying until March 1st only =/ I will probably be with Cherly in Staten Island for the 28th and 1st though so...hmm, how far are you from NY?

Maybe we could hang out on the 28th or so. I don't know. Ugh, I wish I could stay longer.

if i had money, i'd fly out there right now and go see American Idiot!

but no one will hire me so i wont be having money any time soon.......

I can't see what's in the link =/

It's an audio file (on tumblr), not a picture. Just making sure, in case you didn't know that. Because it's not very big, the clicky triangle on its side thing.

I've just booked my flight last night so I will be staying until March 1st only =/ I will probably be with Cherly in Staten Island for the 28th and 1st though so...hmm, how far are you from NY?

Maybe we could hang out on the 28th or so. I don't know. Ugh, I wish I could stay longer.

You should've just gotten a one way, lol! You sure you can't cancel? (Sometimes they're only mad when you cancel at the last minute).

I'm not far from NY, but I can't go there alone, and I also won't be allowed to go every day, even if I could pay for it.

They could have at least written his name right, though...

And yeah, it sucks, but 'autograph hunters' are part of the evilness of the industry =/

I keep hearing about all these people meeting Billie at the show and honestly i wanna know how there doing it. I work part time at a crappy Mcdonalds and almost, almost have the plane tickets saved up so my girlfriend and i can go. She is in love with Billie. I know i must face it i am no billie joe, haha. And her birthday wish is to go meet him and i want to make that possible. I understand if no one wants to share there secerts. But it would mean the world to her she wants him to sign her foot. (To hide it from her parents, LOL) Thanks Everyone

You should've just gotten a one way, lol! You sure you can't cancel? (Sometimes they're only mad when you cancel at the last minute).

I'm not far from NY, but I can't go there alone, and I also won't be allowed to go every day, even if I could pay for it.

Do you know how expensive flights overseas are? :P I would have to pay so much more if I got one way and then another one way to go back.

No, sorry, I can't. I would have to pay a fee and I really dont want to spend more money than I already did.

You are coming to the show on the 27th right? We could hang out that day if you want :)

I went to NYC a few months ago, and saw an American Idiot sign. I took a picture of it (I'm sort of a photography person) and then had the urge to just run into Broadway and steal someone's ticket. :lol:

We were stood next to one at the barrier, spent the whole time talking about all the autographs he has got and to make it more annoying we ending up missing out on Billie's autograph. On the bright side we did get my daughters favourite cast members autograph.

Do you get your tickets in the mail when you order or do you have to pick them up? Just wondering how this works

When you order them, you have the choice. You can either have them email to you and then print them off or pick them up in person at the box office.

So, I have this question about the musical, but I'm not sure if I can just post it or if I have to do it under the 'spoiler' tag because it's a question derived from the storyline of the musical, so before I ask my question I wanted to know what type of things about the musical are considered spoiler-ish and must be posted under the spoiler tag... :unsure:

I keep hearing about all these people meeting Billie at the show and honestly i wanna know how there doing it. I work part time at a crappy Mcdonalds and almost, almost have the plane tickets saved up so my girlfriend and i can go. She is in love with Billie. I know i must face it i am no billie joe, haha. And her birthday wish is to go meet him and i want to make that possible. I understand if no one wants to share there secerts. But it would mean the world to her she wants him to sign her foot. (To hide it from her parents, LOL) Thanks Everyone

Good luck with that. Everybody pushes forward when he comes out. Plus it's freezing cold in NYC this time of year. I don't think she's going to want to take her shoe off. If you do go, you can stand outside the theater throughout the whole show (thats what I did all 3 times) and your guarenteed a barrier spot.

So, I have this question about the musical, but I'm not sure if I can just post it or if I have to do it under the 'spoiler' tag because it's a question derived from the storyline of the musical, so before I ask my question I wanted to know what type of things about the musical are considered spoiler-ish and must be posted under the spoiler tag... :unsure:

There's nothing really spoilerish abot the musical. Everybody here pretty much knows what the musicals about. If your uncomfortable posting it I've seen it 6 times. You can pm me. :) I'd be happy to try and answer your question.

There's nothing really spoilerish abot the musical. Everybody here pretty much knows what the musicals about. If your uncomfortable posting it I've seen it 6 times. You can pm me. :) I'd be happy to try and answer your question.

Haha, thank you, Robin. Well, here it goes: it's been bugging me for some time as to what's the meaning behind the part that's sung by St. Jimmy in LNOE. I understand the point behind what Heather sings, and also Whatsername, but I'm curious as to what's the meaning to St. Jimmy singing it, because seeing as how LNOE is a love song, I wanted to fully understand that part of the story. :)

Haha, thank you, Robin. Well, here it goes: it's been bugging me for some time as to what's the meaning behind the part that's sung by St. Jimmy in LNOE. I understand the point behind what Heather sings, and also Whatsername, but I'm curious as to what's the meaning to St. Jimmy singing it, because seeing as how LNOE is a love song, I wanted to fully understand that part of the story. :)

St. Jimmy singing this part I *think* is a change in the show that was made when Billie took over the role (voice like his is too good *not* to throw at LNOE, but I digress...) I actually think it's great that they did this: it underscores the battle for Johnny's soul that's getting played out between St. Jimmy and Whatsername. Basically they turned the dynamic between the three characters into a sortof bizarre love triangle. I think LNOE is starting out with Jimmy professing a dark, melancholy love for Johnny...then the song gets turned on its head when Whatsername takes over and sings it back to Johnny, hilighting the internal battle that's going on inside of him. And then Heather takes it in yet another direction by singing the end of it to her baby. :wub:

Compare this to what happens later on when Johnny sings When It's Time to Whatsername. Jimmy is in the background here, in the shadows, in visible and obvious pain....and he roars back immediately afterwards with Know Your Enemy -- and that's when Johnny threatens to kill Whatsername. Which leads us into 21 Guns next -- basically Whatsername saying "I may not know what's worth giving up my life for, but this little shit definitely isn't!"...which leads into Letterbomb when she dumps him.

GOD I love this show. :woot:

• Like 1

Hmmm. I actually never thought about that. I really have no clue why St. Jimmy sings that song.

Edit: too late

St. Jimmy singing this part ...............

I feel you explained it EXCELLENTLY!

Billie Joe said himself in the NYTimes Talk that it was a love song he had to sing to Johnny.

Something about a note Billie received from Michael in rehearsals I believe.

I feel you explained it EXCELLENTLY!

Billie Joe said himself in the NYTimes Talk that it was a love song he had to sing to Johnny.

Something about a note Billie received from Michael in rehearsals I believe.

Thanks. My jaw basically hit the floor when I saw this last week. I wasn't expecting Billie to have an active role in the scene, I vaguely remember Tony Vincent's St. Jimmy basically lurking in the background, watching, but not really "doing" anything. To push the character into a prominent role in the scene, laying bare what his relationship with Johnny was, added a layer of emotional depth to the show that I think was just simply missing in the earlier runs.....and to have Billie singing it like only he can? HOLY. FUCK. :)

St. Jimmy singing this part I *think* is a change in the show that was made when Billie took over the role (voice like his is too good *not* to throw at LNOE, but I digress...) I actually think it's great that they did this: it underscores the battle for Johnny's soul that's getting played out between St. Jimmy and Whatsername. Basically they turned the dynamic between the three characters into a sortof bizarre love triangle. I think LNOE is starting out with Jimmy professing a dark, melancholy love for Johnny...then the song gets turned on its head when Whatsername takes over and sings it back to Johnny, hilighting the internal battle that's going on inside of him. And then Heather takes it in yet another direction by singing the end of it to her baby. :wub:

Compare this to what happens later on when Johnny sings When It's Time to Whatsername. Jimmy is in the background here, in the shadows, in visible and obvious pain....and he roars back immediately afterwards with Know Your Enemy -- and that's when Johnny threatens to kill Whatsername. Which leads us into 21 Guns next -- basically Whatsername saying "I may not know what's worth giving up my life for, but this little shit definitely isn't!"...which leads into Letterbomb when she dumps him.

How do you do it to come up with these amazing analysis? :lol:

After reading what you say, I thought that St. Jimmy's part in the song shows a parasite-like relationship, at least from St. Jimmys point of view, on how much he sort of needs Johnny, because at the end Johnny can go on without him, but for St. Jimmy it's like his life depends on Johnny and their twisted relationship (which can really mess your head if you look at this from the point of view that St. J is not real and it's a part of Johnny's mind :wacko: ).

But there's something that confuses me from what you said, that St. Jimmy singing that part was a change done when Billie came on to the show, and this can be just because all I know about the storyline comes from the soundtrack CD, posts in here and the random and few videos on youtube (including the performance of the cast at Sessions at AOL), but I thought that since the begining of the musical the first part in the song was done by St. Jimmy? :blink:

For fuck's sake.

They could have at least spelt his name correctly in the listing's title.

Oh, and to everyone talking about Last Night On Earth, Tony Vincent always sang that as Saint Jimmy well as Billie! Unless I'm misunderstanding what you guys are getting at, haha ...

Yes, St. Jimmy has always sung in LNOE since at least Berkeley. However, the reason why is how Bastard decribes it. Well, as far as I agree to that analysis.

By the way, another cast member is leaving. He is leaving on January 30th and many female hearts will be broken. Heh. (Not JGJ, Esper or Stark.)

Yes, St. Jimmy has always sung in LNOE since at least Berkeley. However, the reason why is how Bastard decribes it. Well, as far as I agree to that analysis.

By the way, another cast member is leaving. He is leaving on January 30th and many female hearts will be broken. Heh. (Not JGJ, Esper or Stark.)

Oh, I get it now! ^^;

And aw, man ... I'm thankful I'm going on 26 January, then! x_x;