American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

lol i think there may be a van/leslie sex tape soon

KIDDING KIDDING

Word of advice: Actually make jokes that are funny.

Don't know if anyone has heard, but a cast member fell into the orchestra pit in the Spiderman musical last night. A couple of Idiot alumni (Matt Caplan and Joshua Kobak) are part of the Spiderman musical but were not the injured cast member.

Please keep the actor, Christopher Tierney, and the rest of the Spiderman company in your thoughts. Tierney is said to have broken ribs and bleeding. He's listed as serious but stable condition. Despite this accident, which is among a few that has plagued the show already, the show will continue tomorrow night. :ermm:

As most know, there is aerial work in Idiot as well. I'm sure those who do that (Stark, Christina, Ben, Libby, Van, and Aspen) are a bit shaken up and probably need a good heap of nerves and confidence to do that piece tonight and all the other performances. So if you see the show sometime soon, give extra kudos to them. :)

• Like 4

Don't know if anyone has heard, but a cast member fell into the orchestra pit in the Spiderman musical last night. A couple of Idiot alumni (Matt Caplan and Joshua Kobak) are part of the Spiderman musical but were not the injured cast member.

Thanks for the update -- I cringed when I first saw that on the news this morning, especially after hearing about so many other problems with that show. :pinch: My thoughts for a speedy recovery go out to Mr. Tierney....and yes, some extra applause and courage for the aerialists on the AI cast. Our favorite show sure has its own elevated risk of injury and I continue to keep my fingers crossed that the cast is able to make it through the entire run without any serious problems.

• Like 2

I posted this in the 'Billie as St. Jimmy' thread as well but here

so, for anyone planning to see the shows on these days in January, the Idiot Club still has some row AA [front row center] seats left:

5- 2 tickets for 2pm [seats 105 & 106] & 18, 19, 22, and 27 all have 1 ticket left [seat 106] the prices vary between $132-147 :thumbsup:

[P.S- the tickets only go up until feb 6, the dates I posted are the dates left for the performances Billie will be St. Jimmy]

Chase will be indeed the other St. Jimmy understudy. He starts rehearsals today. He's not sure if he'll go on in February, though.

Chase will be indeed the other St. Jimmy understudy. He starts rehearsals today. He's not sure if he'll go on in February, though.

What about the days that Billie Joe is off in February?

I think he's a fine choice. Maybe a little too short, but he's got a great voice and excellent presence. I would like to see him do the role!

Yeah. I think they aren't sure whether to have him or Andrew for those days. The more I think about it, the more I can see it. Plus he'll have a different outlook than the other Jimmys since he has played Johnny. :)

Please keep the actor, Christopher Tierney, and the rest of the Spiderman company in your thoughts. Tierney is said to have broken ribs and bleeding. He's listed as serious but stable condition. Despite this accident, which is among a few that has plagued the show already, the show will continue tomorrow night. :ermm:

As most know, there is aerial work in Idiot as well. I'm sure those who do that (Stark, Christina, Ben, Libby, Van, and Aspen) are a bit shaken up and probably need a good heap of nerves and confidence to do that piece tonight and all the other performances. So if you see the show sometime soon, give extra kudos to them. :)

Although I had a feeling that show was going to be a mess from the beginning, I'm glad Chris is pulling through. It looked like the harness wasn't even attached to anything!

I hope our Idiots can shake off those nerves. They haven't had a bad fly so far *knocks on wood* and can trust the crew. :)

tweets from Aspen tonight:

Santa just came to visit the Idiots with a huge sack of candy!

Thank you BJA and Adrienne for our Santa visit tonight! That was so fun...we were all suddenly 4 years old. :)

Hope there is some photos! I can imagine their excitement. Looks so sweet in my mind. :)

also this sounds like the best Christmas party EVER! :D

Gerardcanonico:

To the Fuck Time Christmas Party!!!

Thank you BJA and Adrienne for our Santa visit tonight! That was so fun...we were all suddenly 4 years old. :)

Hope there is some photos! I can imagine their excitement. Looks so sweet in my mind. :)

Gerardcanonico:

awe!!! they are so beautiful to do such a wonderful thing! <3 <3

Awwwwwwwwww!!!! :D

Gerardcanonico:

That party sounds awesome :lol:

and Santa visit... awww. :D

And the mental image of Billie in one of those big fat Santa costumes is just great :lol:

Oh my god, I never thought I would be able to go but I got two tickets today for Christmas

I cried forever I'm so happy going next saturday :D First time in New York!

I have some questions (sorry if these have already been answered)

1. What do I wear? Like is it formal?

2. How can I try to meet the cast?

3. Do people sing along during the musical, or will I look like an idiot D:

• Like 1

Oh my god, I never thought I would be able to go but I got two tickets today for Christmas

I cried forever I'm so happy going next saturday :D First time in New York!

I have some questions (sorry if these have already been answered)

1. What do I wear? Like is it formal?

2. How can I try to meet the cast?

3. Do people sing along during the musical, or will I look like an idiot D:

You don't have to be dressy but don't show up in sweats or whatever. Jeans would be fine.

There's a stagedoor after the show. Some go through that way and you can meet them and some leave another exit which means they just want to leave. Just don't run after them or chase them down. That's not very nice.

Please don't. Theatre etiquette. You could hum to yourself!

You don't have to be dressy but don't show up in sweats or whatever. Jeans would be fine.

There's a stagedoor after the show. Some go through that way and you can meet them and some leave another exit which means they just want to leave. Just don't run after them or chase them down. That's not very nice.

Please don't. Theatre etiquette. You could hum to yourself!

Haha, thank you for letting me know! :) I've never really been to a Broadway show other than the Lion King so I don't really know the ~etiquette.

Yeah, I'm not that kind of person to do that I'm respectful enough ahaha. So I just wait at the Stage Door? How long usually until they come out?

Haha, thank you for letting me know! :) I've never really been to a Broadway show other than the Lion King so I don't really know the ~etiquette.

Yeah, I'm not that kind of person to do that I'm respectful enough ahaha. So I just wait at the Stage Door? How long usually until they come out?

Just keep in mind with Billie being there the stage door will probably be packed. After Good Riddance try and get out as fast as you could. The last time Billie was there me and my friend left during Good Riddance and there was already a bunch of people out there. But yeah the cast is so nice and they'll take pics and autographs.

And for the dress code. Jeans and a Green Day shirt are fine. Thats what I'm wearing. No one really dresses up for Broadway anymore. I wore a Green Day shirt on opening night (I wasnt planning on seeing the play but I got tickets at the last minute) Stark commented that I went all out for the show. lol

Gerardcanonico:

Haha thats so cool

Yeah, I kind of have an idea that a lot of people are going to be lining up to try and meet Billie D:

I hope I have luck :(

Sorry if this is a stupid question, what is the stage door like? Does anyone have pictures?

Yeah, I kind of have an idea that a lot of people are going to be lining up to try and meet Billie D:

I hope I have luck :(

Sorry if this is a stupid question, what is the stage door like? Does anyone have pictures?

63357_1542708519934_1001603188_31569013_2697707_n.jpg

59195_1542707679913_1001603188_31569008_8384456_n.jpg

Pretty much looks like that. It got way more crowded after that. That was like right when the show ended.

• Like 1

Ahhhh thank you! So I just exit and wait there for the cast?

Also how early should I get to the theatre?

Yeah, you just stand by the doors and wait for the cast to come out. There'll be barriers though, and probably a shitton of people waiting for Billie, so be ready for that.

And I've read a few times that you should try getting to the theater a half hour before the show is set to start. But if you want, you could get there even earlier (an hour or two) if you want to catch a glimpse of Billie going in.

Yep. They start coming out about a half hour after the show ends.

I'd say get to the theater 45 minutes before showtime. Doesn't really matter. You have assigned seats anyway. But for example the Jan 5 show has 2 times one at 2pm and one at 8pm. If you want to beat the crowd I'd say wait outside while the 2pm show is going on (you can hear it from outside if you put your ear to the door) and you can guarente a spot up front. If not getting there about an hour to 45 minutes before is fine. Gives you plenty of time to take pics of the theater, get a drink, get something to eat, use the bathroom, etc.

Ahhhh thank you! So I just exit and wait there for the cast?

Also how early should I get to the theatre?

the door you go in to enter the theatre, is the one you want to wait at the end of the show. That's the door the cast uses [just like the pictures were shown]. They have the barricades set up on either side there. Don't stand too close to the door, because sometimes people get pushy and you'll end up behind it.

The doors open a half hour before showtime [sometimes earlier -like 40 mins- if its raining, snowing, really windy, etc].

Also, dress REALLY WARM for NYC because it gets ice cold and windy out. I know most people say stay away from sweats, but sometime it gets REALLY cold out that I don't think people will care THAT MUCH [unless there's like holes in them or something LOL]...