American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

He said on Twitter yesterday that he doesn't know the exact date yet. "Not for a little bit, tho." were his words. However, I believe that the play that he's suppose to do after Idiot begins in March so he has to leave either in Late January or early February.

Finally, finally, FINALLY seeing this musical! Feeling so goddamn lucky that it's a St. Billie show, too. Unreal.

studentrush.org says this:

But it says the fall rush is through November 1. So i don't know if student rush ends, or if the rules change, or what.

There's also TKTS. They have a booth in Times Square where you can get discount tickets day-of. http://www.tdf.org/TDF_ServicePage.aspx?id=56

But as far as I know, there aren't any sales for regular seats going on right now. All the discounts I can find are for tickets day-of.

Student Rush will end at the end of December. However, they will still have lottery which is where you drop your name in a bucket 2 hours before showtime and at an hour and a half until showtime, they'll draw names. Seats are in the first two rows. Those are $27. Your chances vary depending on the crowd. At most, there are 25 seats. However, with Idiot Club and Idiot Nation, there could be as low as 19 seats. You can request one or two seats and it has to be for that show, no other ones.

If available, they might offer partial view which could be anywhere from side orchestra to side mezz to boxes. Those are $37. They are no guaranteed to be offered, however. And last time, when the show was actually sold out, they had standing room which they did lottery for as well. That was, I believe, $37.

Currently, the only discounts that I have seen are for shows that Billie isn't scheduled to be on for St. Jimmy.

Thanks for the info guys :happy:

But my parents have been clear that I can't go, so maybe another time ):

Mmm... so which one do you think is the best? (without costing 200$)

Actually, I sat front and centre in row A of the mezz my first time seeing th emusical and it was FANTASTIC. You are SO close to the stage from there, definitely get those tickets! The rail isn't an issue, and I don't understand how it would be. o_O; It's really low and it doesn't block your view or anything, so no worries there!

• Like 1

Actually, I sat front and centre in row A of the mezz my first time seeing th emusical and it was FANTASTIC. You are SO close to the stage from there, definitely get those tickets! The rail isn't an issue, and I don't understand how it would be. o_O; It's really low and it doesn't block your view or anything, so no worries there!

I've seen a lot of shows from mezzanines and balconies, and there are usually lighting instruments and/or railings that are in the way in Row A. I was watching the Scottsboro Boys the other day from an empty seat that I went down to because I was sitting next to the largest woman in the world, so I moved down. And the lighting instruments and rails were both in the way. This may be more a balcony issue, though, and not a mezzanine issue. I've never seen AI from the mezzanine, mostly the orchestra and balcony.

I've seen a lot of shows from mezzanines and balconies, and there are usually lighting instruments and/or railings that are in the way in Row A. I was watching the Scottsboro Boys the other day from an empty seat that I went down to because I was sitting next to the largest woman in the world, so I moved down. And the lighting instruments and rails were both in the way. This may be more a balcony issue, though, and not a mezzanine issue. I've never seen AI from the mezzanine, mostly the orchestra and balcony.

Ah, I see. Well, there was nothing obstructing my view when I saw it, and I'm quite short. They're simply great seats!

A question to everyone: Does Green Day's Idiot Club constantly give members chances to buy AA orchestra tickets, or was that a one time thing?

I'm tempted to sign up if it means I can get closer seats ... :o

Ah, I see. Well, there was nothing obstructing my view when I saw it, and I'm quite short. They're simply great seats!

A question to everyone: Does Green Day's Idiot Club constantly give members chances to buy AA orchestra tickets, or was that a one time thing?

It was only for a limited amount of time but they might do it again.

Again, it's not exactly fair but whatever.

It was only for a limited amount of time but they might do it again.

Again, it's not exactly fair but whatever.

Damn!

And wait, how is it not fair ...? Anyone can join the Idiot Club, can't they? :o

Damn!

And wait, how is it not fair ...? Anyone can join the Idiot Club, can't they? :o

People play for lotto and some don't have 20 extra bucks to shell out for IC. I'm just not cool with, "Oh, today we have 22 but tomorrow we'll have 19!"

But if they have some for IC, go for it. Especially for Tony.

Pretty sure the IC is still offering the front row seats, I was just on there a couple of days ago looking into it and there were still some available for the January dates I checked out.

But you have to pay full price, not lottery price.

hey here is something I thought about

in Jan of 2011 at Silver City Theatres they are doing a live HD satelite performance of FELA from the UK,,,(National Theatre),( I can watch in my city in nice comfy chairs)

hmmmmm so FELA is moving there eh,,,,

any body up for something cool ike this? I"d be up for it ! like an IMAX screen! i say AI do the same thing one day! we fans could rent out the whole theatre that night! LOL

hehe...

People play for lotto and some don't have 20 extra bucks to shell out for IC. I'm just not cool with, "Oh, today we have 22 but tomorrow we'll have 19!"

But if they have some for IC, go for it. Especially for Tony.

Hmm ... I'll have to rethink it, now. It does seem a bit unfair, now that you mention it, but on the other hand, the theatre probably makes more money through the Idiot Club .. But IDK.

Pretty sure the IC is still offering the front row seats, I was just on there a couple of days ago looking into it and there were still some available for the January dates I checked out.

But you have to pay full price, not lottery price.

Now, what would full price for AA tickets be ...? The same as the nearly $200 apiece tickets that're on sale for the orchestra's A rows, or are they even more expensive ...?

And one more thing! Does anyone know if Carmel Dean has a FaceBook or a Twitter where fans can contact her ...? :o

Now, what would full price for AA tickets be ...? The same as the nearly $200 apiece tickets that're on sale for the orchestra's A rows, or are they even more expensive ...?

They're at the same price as regular Orch seats. I think it was around $130 +/- a few bux.

I just checked -- you have to scroll down a bit in the news page; The link is still up and it looks like some of the IC-reserved AA-Orch tix are still available for at least some showings. Search for "09-29 - FRONT ROW IDIOT ONLY SEATING" in the IC news page and you'll find the link. Good luck!

They're at the same price as regular Orch seats. I think it was around $130 +/- a few bux.

I just checked -- you have to scroll down a bit in the news page; The link is still up and it looks like some of the IC-reserved AA-Orch tix are still available for at least some showings. Search for "09-29 - FRONT ROW IDIOT ONLY SEATING" in the IC news page and you'll find the link. Good luck!

Thank you so much, you two! I really appreciate your replies. :)

If you want to see the show in December (up until the 23rd, at least), they have a discount code so that it'll be at the more 40% less than the original ticket price.

LINK

Bonus! "Good Riddance" video with the original Broadway cast. (Yes! Joshua Henry's there!)

I think that promotion is still going on isn't it? If not good thing I got them when I did. I'm so excited cause I had no idea Billie was going to be St. Jimmy when I got those tickets. I'm going Jan 5th so it would be great if a GDCer was sitting next to me. :)

Yes, the IC link still works, I got AA tickets for Jan 1st & 2nd.

Idiot Club was finally good for something.

John's playing a gig at Rockwood's Stage 2 this Sunday (the 5th) at 10:30pm. Heh... a little bit earlier than his previous shows and he'll hopefully start on time. It's 21 and up and while there's no cover, there's one drink minimum. :thumbsup:

Has Tony Vincent's replacemenet been announced or even rumored?

If not, then something tells me that anyone that hasnt seen it and wants to, better buy a ticket for show before Billie's run ends.

Has Tony Vincent's replacemenet been announced or even rumored?

If not, then something tells me that anyone that hasnt seen it and wants to, better buy a ticket for show before Billie's run ends.

My take is that either it closes after his run in February or sales are pushed so high because of him that they keep it open until they run through their tickets in the current schedule to the end of April. If he has the time to stay in the show.

Becky sent me a little article in the December 1 New York Times where Billie "jokingly" says he's going to play St. Jimmy for the rest of American Idiot's run. Someone had a clip of it on Facebook and I was talking with a B'way blogger about it, too. That they hadn't announced a replacement.

My take is that either it closes after his run in February or sales are pushed so high because of him that they keep it open until they run through their tickets in the current schedule to the end of April. If he has the time to stay in the show.

why do i find it hard to see BJA being quoted as saying "its so rich in culture"?

i know i havent lived in ny in a bit but why doesnt that look like the ny times to me?

• Like 1

why do i find it hard to see BJA being quoted as saying "its so rich in culture"?

i know i havent lived in ny in a bit but why doesnt that look like the ny times to me?

The NYT has shrunk to a tad of its original self. It's much smaller now.

Can you edit your post so that the quote tags for the article don't repeat? Thanks.

The NYT has shrunk to a tad of its original self. It's much smaller now.

Can you edit your post so that the quote tags for the article don't repeat? Thanks.

i think that photo is a hoax.