American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Is there anyone who can explain to me how we can purchase tickets for 27$ if we're a student please? How does it works? And are there sales going on at the moment for tickets? Sorry for all the questions :lol: I guess it's quite apparent that I wanna see the musical and Billie in it too XD

Has there been any hint of a St. Jimmy replacement after Billie leaves the show? Cause if not....:ermm:

Not yet, but hey, there's time. Kinda. Maybe. Y'know. I hope... uh...

Is there anyone who can explain to me how we can purchase tickets for 27$ if we're a student please? How does it works? And are there sales going on at the moment for tickets? Sorry for all the questions :lol: I guess it's quite apparent that I wanna see the musical and Billie in it too XD

studentrush.org says this:

Here is how to get your rush tickets to this event:

Fall Student Rush (valid Sept. 7 to Nov. 1): $27 - available on day of performance when box office opens. Subject to availability. 1 ticket per student ID. Not valid for Saturday performances or Sunday matinee. Lottery Rush: $27 - a limited number of tickets in the first two rows of the orchestra will be sold via lottery. Entries will be accepted at the St. James Theatre box office beginning two hours prior to each performance; Thirty minutes later, names will be drawn at random for approximately 21-25 seats in the first two rows of the theatre. Only one entry is allowed per person. Cards are checked for duplication prior to drawing. Winners must be present at the time of the drawing and show a valid photo ID to purchase tickets. Limit one entry per person and two tickets per winner. Subject to availability. Cash only.

But it says the fall rush is through November 1. So i don't know if student rush ends, or if the rules change, or what.

There's also TKTS. They have a booth in Times Square where you can get discount tickets day-of. http://www.tdf.org/TDF_ServicePage.aspx?id=56

But as far as I know, there aren't any sales for regular seats going on right now. All the discounts I can find are for tickets day-of.

Happy birthday to me! :dance:

Okay, this totally makes up for the fact that I can't go to that interview that sold out in like, 3 days.

God...I'm so happy to be a Toys R Us kid right now.

Liz Caplan who's the vocal coach for the entire cast will probably look after him. :) The little breaks the he has probably helps.

Yeah, that's who I thought did, and that's who I tweeted at the show that they should hire to give him some voice-saving tips... and I hope she really does sit down with him, because if not, he's not making it through fifty performances!

I'm actually surprised to hear that -- his voice held up so well on the tour night after night, 2-1/2 + hours a show. The show demands are just different I suppose....I'm guessing broad range plus loud plus rock-solid-steady, which isn't exactly what we get from Billie in concert...usually you get to pick 2 out of the 3 but you don't get all 3 at the same time.

Yeah, it's totally weird that he can do 3-6 hour concerts with LOTS of screaming but a 90 minute show gives him problems. They're just different beasts. When I saw his third show in September, his voice was vanishing noticeably during "Homecoming" but it was a bit better during his last show later that week. Hopefully he can limit the drinking and smoking during those two months too... that couldn't hurt ;)

Yeah, it's totally weird that he can do 3-6 hour concerts with LOTS of screaming but a 90 minute show gives him problems. They're just different beasts. When I saw his third show in September, his voice was vanishing noticeably during "Homecoming" but it was a bit better during his last show later that week. Hopefully he can limit the drinking and smoking during those two months too... that couldn't hurt ;)

Ha, he doesn't smoke that much, but certainly the drinking...good luck with that since his birthday falls on one of the show dates, lol. And everyone is begging for a FBHT show. Though, seriously, I'm hoping for the first Pinhead Gunpowder show outside of California, since Aaron Cometbus lives in NYC... but that's a different beast altogether. At least I think it's would be the 1st show outside of California. The Pinhead show last February was one of the best shows I've ever been to. Anyhoo... we all can dream...

Student Rush will end at the end of December. However, they will still have lottery which is where you drop your name in a bucket 2 hours before showtime and at an hour and a half until showtime, they'll draw names. Seats are in the first two rows. Those are $27. Your chances vary depending on the crowd. At most, there are 25 seats. However, with Idiot Club and Idiot Nation, there could be as low as 19 seats. You can request one or two seats and it has to be for that show, no other ones.

If available, they might offer partial view which could be anywhere from side orchestra to side mezz to boxes. Those are $37. They are no guaranteed to be offered, however. And last time, when the show was actually sold out, they had standing room which they did lottery for as well. That was, I believe, $37.

Currently, the only discounts that I have seen are for shows that Billie isn't scheduled to be on for St. Jimmy.

So no one's even slightly upset that Tony's leaving the musical after 30 December ...? Even the news of Billie taking over for fifty days isn't enough to stop me from feeling seriously bummed about this ... :(

Like I said in the thread about it, for me, Tony is the embodiment of Saint Jimmy for me. He made me love the character that Billie and the rest of Green Day created even more, and having him leave, in my opinions, is like cutting the character out of the storyline completely.

I'm already dreading the news of who will take Tony's place after Billie's run ends ... Bleh. :(

• Like 1

So no one's even slightly upset that Tony's leaving the musical after 30 December ...? Even the news of Billie taking over for fifty days isn't enough to stop me from feeling seriously bummed about this ... :(

Like I said in the thread about it, for me, Tony is the embodiment of Saint Jimmy for me. He made me love the character that Billie and the rest of Green Day created even more, and having him leave, in my opinions, is like cutting the character out of the storyline completely.

I'm already dreading the news of who will take Tony's place after Billie's run ends ... Bleh. :(

I am. Seeing beej play St. Jimmy will be exciting, wonderful, and very, very bittersweet. I don't see it as the equivalent of cutting the character though, Billie's interpretation of the role is just different than Tony's, as will whoever plays the role after Billie's run is done. There are definitely things to look forward to with Billie's return to the role -- as well as things we'll miss when Tony hands it over to him. Billie's St. Jimmy is good-times, time-of-your-life fun, frivolous, edgy, and wild; Tony's is darker and more sinister. Two different spins on the same character, and both well worth seeing.

• Like 1

since Aaron Cometbus lives in NYC

hes not in nyc. not sure when he comes back. love, a friendly and harmless stalker

COME TO THE BUS!

I have absolutely no idea about the seats :unsure: Where are the mezzanines, orchestras and premium situated? which one is the "pit with seats" :lol: I wouldn't mind to see it from far away, but with Billie on the play, I do mind.

And wow, the tickets are incredibly expensive :S

Could someone from NY tell me of a hotel near? and also, for the prices of the flights, when are the sales?

I'm gunna see him on the 19th Feb!!! I can't freaking wait!! And row C too! Gunna only be inches from him, i'm ecstatic :D

I have absolutely no idea about the seats :unsure: Where are the mezzanines, orchestras and premium situated? which one is the "pit with seats" :lol: I wouldn't mind to see it from far away, but with Billie on the play, I do mind.

And wow, the tickets are incredibly expensive :S

Could someone from NY tell me of a hotel near? and also, for the prices of the flights, when are the sales?

You should start looking at flight prices now. We here in NYC need winter tourists, so the prices do go down a little from Europe to NYC. Use Kayak.com or Travelocity and do some alerts for lowest fares.

As to the seats, I think the Mezzanine is the best place to see the show, near the front center, as well as Center Orchestra, which is on the floor, but keep to the front rows. Of course, these are the most expensive seats, but others might have suggestions for you, too.

You should start looking at flight prices now. We here in NYC need winter tourists, so the prices do go down a little from Europe to NYC. Use Kayak.com or Travelocity and do some alerts for lowest fares.

As to the seats, I think the Mezzanine is the best place to see the show, near the front center, as well as Center Orchestra, which is on the floor, but keep to the front rows. Of course, these are the most expensive seats, but others might have suggestions for you, too.

Mezzanine (A to M) right? (because it's the most expensive, I'm asuming...)

Thank you :)

Mezzanine (A to M) right? (because it's the most expensive, I'm asuming...)

Thank you :)

I would not get A, it's too close to the rail.

I would not get A, it's too close to the rail.

Mmm... so which one do you think is the best? (without costing 200$)

Mmm... so which one do you think is the best? (without costing 200$)

I would stay in Mezzanine, just not row A.

Maybe Plaid Ducky should answer your question. She's seen the show more than me.

I would stay in Mezzanine, just not row A.

Maybe Plaid Ducky should answer your question. She's seen the show more than me.

Oookay, so let's see if I understood: "Mezzanine (A to M)" means that the first row is "A", the second row "B", and so on. So the best thing to do is buy the second or third row that is included on that "Mezzanine (A to M)" place. ?

Thanks again :D

Heh. Yeah... LOL.

While I can tell you where the best seats are, I can't say what the prices would be since I've always used discount codes and there aren't any available at the moment.

Mezz is great for your first show. I've sat in Row B, Left side, three seats in, the last time Billie was there. The view was fine. That ticket was $75, not incuding taxes and fees.

The farthest back that I've sat was Row O in the orchestra. It was okay. You didn't miss St. Jimmy's entrance, even with the overhang of the mezz. Facial expressions weren't the best, though. And I felt uber crowded back there compared to the closer rows in the orchestra. I paid $27 for that seat but I believe it's going for $100 during St. Billie's run.

I would stay away from the balcony, IMO.

Also, if you're short like me, you can borrow a pillow from coat check so you can sit taller. ;D

Heh. Yeah... LOL.

While I can tell you where the best seats are, I can't say what the prices would be since I've always used discount codes and there aren't any available at the moment.

Mezz is great for your first show. I've sat in Row B, Left side, three seats in, the last time Billie was there. The view was fine. That ticket was $75, not incuding taxes and fees.

The farthest back that I've sat was Row O in the orchestra. It was okay. You didn't miss St. Jimmy's entrance, even with the overhang of the mezz. Facial expressions weren't the best, though. And I felt uber crowded back there compared to the closer rows in the orchestra. I paid $27 for that seat but I believe it's going for $100 during St. Billie's run.

I would stay away from the balcony, IMO.

Also, if you're short like me, you can borrow a pillow from coat check so you can sit taller. ;D

Okay, so I think, if my mum lets me go twice, I'll go for Mezzanine the first time and orchestra if I can get the front rows the second one, and if not, just mezzazine.

Yeah, it's 165$ for Mezzanine A to M and Orchestra :S

I found this, it gave me a clearer idea:

5033333.jpg

Thank youu :D

Anyone have the confirmed date of Esper's final performance?