American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

And by the way, this will be very important if/when BJA comes back. There are already rumors in print that he will be back. That's going to be hell for all of them. The door was ridiculous when he was in the show. If it's already in amNew York, it's probably going to happen.

I don't know how I feel about those 'rumors'...awesome for those who didn't get to see him back in October, but the guy just finished a year and a half tour, and seeing how demanding the show is (even if St. Jimmy doesn't require as much as other roles), can't help to be weary about it. But if Billie has the energy to do it, all the power to him :lol:

I don't know how I feel about those 'rumors'...awesome for those who didn't get to see him back in October, but the guy just finished a year and a half tour, and seeing how demanding the show is (even if St. Jimmy doesn't require as much as other roles), can't help to be weary about it. But if Billie has the energy to do it, all the power to him :lol:

He's young, he'll handle it. :)

I just think he means, if a cast member leaves through the backstage door, don't chase them. If they leave from the front stage door, they want to talk, but no running down the street after them. I'm not sure how much clearer that can be, Jetsrule!

And by the way, this will be very important if/when BJA comes back. There are already rumors in print that he will be back. That's going to be hell for all of them. The door was ridiculous when he was in the show. If it's already in amNew York, it's probably going to happen.

I've heard from different places. I would LOVE for him to come back. The man doesn't know how to properly rest anyway! Preferably in January, though. :lol:

Before I answer you question, here's mine: are you asking "how people have seen it so many times" or "why people have seen it so many times"? The former is asking about the means of going to the musical and the latter is asking about the reasons of going to the musical. Depending on which question you're asking, you're going to come up with a different answer.

If the question is "how," then this is the answer: people live in NY or close to it. They can travel and get to the theatre easily. They normally will try lotto and if they win, that's $27. If they lose and still want to see the show, they can get partial views for $37. If they're a student (or someone who still has a student ID), they can get rush tickets for $27. If they accumulated enough Idiot Nation points, they can reserved lottery seat tickets and pay $27. If they are able to find discount codes for tickets or to buy tickts at the TKTS booth, they can pay between $27 to $85, depending on the offer. There are tons of ways to buy tickets to the show without having to pay full price. Hell, the show itself gave free tickets last week.

If you enjoy the show that much, then you know the different ways to be able to see it without losing an arm and a leg. I have seen the show about 25 times. I've only paid full price for a ticket twice - once for the first week of previews and once for opening night. All the other times have been discount codes, partial views, or lottery/rush. I know of people who have seen the show 30, 40, 50+ times. They aren't rich; they're just really good at lottery and/or getting partial views. :)

Now, if the question is "why," then my answer only speaks for me. I go see the show numerous times because it's never the same show. During previews, when the full original Broadway cast was still there, they were still tweaking the songs and the blocking. One show would have this one version and two shows later would be another version. After opening, so many understudies and swings have gone on that they add another something to the show.

Look at this past week. Understudy craziness. How many people that I know rushed to the theatre after hearing Christina was on for Whatsername or Declan was on for Will? A lot. Which goes with another reason of "why." The cast. The cast is amazing and they put their heart and body into the show every time. Even when they're not feeling too well. Plus, they're really sweet and friendly... and a bit zany, actually. Lots of quirks. No one is really straight-laced, even ones like Stark or Tony. I like supporting all of them and cheering them on, even after they leave the show.

Also, because so much it going on at once, you have to see it more than once to notice everything. Heck, even after 25 times, they still do things that make me go "Oh. I didn't notice that before." For example, the first time around during "Favorite Son," you might pay full attention to Wallace and the girls. The second time around, you might pay some attention to Stark and his reaction. The third time around, you might notice the madness that is the couch with Esper, Dec, and Miguel. :lol:

So, there ya go. You don't have to be rich to see the show more than once and everyone has their own reasons on why they would.

Yes, I know all about the partial views and lotto. I've done it. And I know people live close to NY... I do too. And I know you can see it for cheap... I've seen it 4 times for 120 dollars in total but even if you've spent as much as I have for it and you've seen it 25 times... well thats still 720 dollars in all. If you're a broadway freak, whatever I wont argue but theres definitely a lot of people who are not broadway freaks and have NOT only bought partials and lottery and have seen it sometimes several times in one week....

Why do you insist on stepping on everyone's toes in EVERY thread you post in? People like it, they want to see it again. They have the money. It's not that hard of a concept to fathom.

Why I would never do such a thing as to step on the toes of people! I've never met you so I could not touch your toes!

Are people supposed to be ashamed to be 'Broadway freaks?' If so, then I'm proud of having 'Broadway freak' friends and being one myself. I hope when I move to NY, that I see as many shows as I can. :)

Are people supposed to be ashamed to be 'Broadway freaks?' If so, then I'm proud of having 'Broadway freak' friends and being one myself. I hope when I move to NY, that I see as many shows as I can. :)

No? I just think its weird that people who have no interest in broadway have suddenly seen this show 30+ times.... not sure how that sounds to be an insult to broadway freaks...

No? I just think its weird that people who have no interest in broadway have suddenly seen this show 30+ times.... not sure how that sounds to be an insult to broadway freaks...

Still, even so...what's the problem with people who previously showed no interest in Broadway, and now they see this show many times? Maybe it'll spark an interest in Broadway and introduce them to this world they didn't know before.

• Like 1

The Rumors For Billie Coming Back In NOV OR JAN Started awhile ago

no surprise

Were those rumors in print? I don't think so, lol.

It's like watching your favorite movie over and over again, only more expensive.

I have seen the show a lot, in Berkeley and NYC, but like a lot of people, I don't pay full price.

I had a old roommate who saw Les Miz like 75 times when it first ran on Broadway. To me... that's insane!

:)

you know what they should do 1 show for fun

have Stark play Johnny

have Johnny Play Tunny

have Tony play Will

Have Esper play St Jimmy

Were those rumors in print? I don't think so, lol.

Just wondering, when did that article you posted come out? Is it recent?

I just think he means, if a cast member leaves through the backstage door, don't chase them. If they leave from the front stage door, they want to talk, but no running down the street after them. I'm not sure how much clearer that can be, Jetsrule!

do you know if there is an actual link to that or when it was published?

Just wondering, when did that article you posted come out? Is it recent?

Considering they just made that announcement of "Fat Pig" (the blurb above Billie's return) on Thursday (11/18), I would say it came out on Thursday or Friday.

And also it says that Armstrong "makes his RETURN" to American Idiot... unless I'm mistaken, he's already been in the show, so now... uh... the rumor is that he's returning lol. :)

Great, now I feel like an asshole for meeting Tony after the show when he exited the Jujamcyn door instead of the stage doors. I mean ... I was the last member to post a story about meeting a cast member via a non-stage-door method, and then this randomer shows up chastising people for doing so ... So, obviously, I feel rather targeted.

Plus, now I'm worried that I've done the wrong thing in Tony's eyes --- Which is the only thing that really matters here. Like, does he think less of me as a person? Did I make a total theatre fool of myself? Was he being sweet to me just to get me off his back?

So, yeah, thanks a lot for making me feel like a total self-doubting POS, dude. That was super cool of you.

I do not know when it was published. ThatGirlAllison on Twitter posted it. I believe she is SundayMorning6AM here.

Great, now I feel like an asshole for meeting Tony after the show when he exited the Jujamcyn door instead of the stage doors. I mean ... I was the last member to post a story about meeting a cast member via a non-stage-door method, and then this randomer shows up chastising people for doing so ... So, obviously, I feel rather targeted.

Plus, now I'm worried that I've done the wrong thing in Tony's eyes --- Which is the only thing that really matters here. Like, does he think less of me as a person? Did I make a total theatre fool of myself? Was he being sweet to me just to get me off his back?

So, yeah, thanks a lot for making me feel like a total self-doubting POS, dude. That was super cool of you.

mallory, with all due respect you're being very selfish here. you're very caught up in how this affects YOU. what tony thinks of YOU. how what i've said has upset YOU. well, i'm sorry about that, but if what i've said makes just one person stop, think, and consider someone other than THEMSELVES for a moment--particularly, the cast member who's voice is shot, has an engagement to get to, or is tired and wants to get home, then it was worth saying. R.E.S.P.E.C.T----

always.

you know what they should do 1 show for fun

have Stark play Johnny

have Johnny Play Tunny

have Tony play Will

Have Esper play St Jimmy

Uh...I can't see that. Especially since they weren't taught those tracks and weren't contracted to be those roles.

But it's nice to dream, I guess!

It brings people together. I think I remember the guys talking about how cool that was. For some people, it opened their eyes to shows. It's not all, "HAPPY HAPPY, LET'S DANCE." There's not a stereotype to like Broadway musicals. I know people who got in on one show and then became interested. It's Green Day music, a plot...if they like it, who cares? You don't want to go? Cool, better chance at lotto then.

It bothered me that you used the word 'freaks' because some of them are some of the most wonderful people I know. To me, calling people 'freaks' IS an insult.

yeah, i was such an asshole standing by his car when he came out after i saw his st jimmy performance. i have no excuse for doing what i did other than i simply got caught up in the unbelievably frenzied crowd mania. that was embarassing and a low fan moment in my life.

much worse than chasing aaron around after the pinhead show. come to mamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

the inner fan girl beast. its ugly, it rages, and it must be tamed!

mallory, with all due respect you're being very selfish here. you're very caught up in how this affects YOU. what tony thinks of YOU. how what i've said has upset YOU. well, i'm sorry about that, but if what i've said makes just one person stop, think, and consider someone other than THEMSELVES for a moment--particularly, the cast member who's voice is shot, has an engagement to get to, or is tired and wants to get home, then it was worth saying. R.E.S.P.E.C.T----

always.

chillax saint. mallory feels bad about her behavior. why dont YOU give her some respect for feeling remorseful of her actions. not everyone knows the protocol of stage door exiting (including myself). she thinks highly of tony vincent and simply wants to have not done wrong by him. show some kindness, understanding, and additive coments to the discussion around these boards or please show yourself out. abbey

• Like 2

I do not know when it was published. ThatGirlAllison on Twitter posted it. I believe she is SundayMorning6AM here.

Yes, yes, that's me. And it was in Friday's paper! That is from the PDF version that they put online every day after the papers come out. (which can be found, i believe, at www.amny.com)

• Like 1

Can't blame the AI fans if the rest of what Broadway has to offer them isn't what they're interested in seeing.

Can't blame the AI fans if the rest of what Broadway has to offer them isn't what they're interested in seeing.

right :thumbsup: If I would live in NY I would so damn look this so often as possible and I just don't care about other musicals :P

always.

You've made your point. Several times now, too many to count. Can you *please* let go of this now?

• Like 3

always.

Dude... calm down.

As someone who as stood at the backstage door, talking to crew members and not waiting for the cast, I've seen them slip out without people bothering them more often than people stopping them. St. Billie week was against the norm since that was just crazy overall, but usually, people don't 'hound, chase, or corner' the cast. For the most part, the fans are respectful of the cast. Yes, there have been incidents otherwise, but it's not common.

And if they are stopped, the cast member is gracious enough to sign really quickly or at least say politely "Sorry. I have to go." Yes, stagedooring is not in their contracts and the cast aren't required to stagedoor, but they know the ins-and-outs of it. If they really don't want to be bothered, they will say something. Honestly. Even the kindest of cast members will say something.

Johnny very rarely stagedoors. However, when my friends and I caught up with the cast right after the Tonys, congratulating them on a great performance, we mentioned to John that my friend's birthday was the following Tuesday and since his birthday was that Thursday, we had a present for him. He told us that he couldn't really stagedoor but if we came to the backstage door, he'll see us then. On Tuesday, it was a mob at the backstage door. And while Johnny talked to us and everything, he also talked with everyone else before finally leaving.

At Rockwood, last Sunday, he was talking about stagedoor. He said that at the end of the show, he gauges on whether or not he can stagedoor. If he makes the decision to, he knows that he'll be there at least an hour afterwards. Sometimes, he said, he'll leave as soon as his car or taxi gets there. Other times, when he feels kinda like stagedooring but not the regular stagedoor, he'll exit and talk & sign with whoever is out by the backstage door and then leave.

The whole stagedoor issue differs between cast members. But when it comes down to it, if they're tired and don't want to be bother, they'll say something. Truly.

• Like 2

Uh...I can't see that. Especially since they weren't taught those tracks and weren't contracted to be those roles.

But it's nice to dream, I guess!

it would not have to be perfect

it would just be cool to see

i am sure they would love to do it