American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

The whole Idea of Billie Playing St. Jimmy is amusing and cool, but I can't see it happening.

I'm not sure he could learn the blocking and movement on such a short notice. And could he hit the notes Tony does?

I know some are vastly higher than the originals that Billie is used to preforming. -No offense to the man.- I like the idea, I'd love to see it happen. But I would not hope too hard.

Billie does not need to copy Tony he can make it his own

• Like 1

exactly. i agree.

i believe with my whole heart that he could play a part in the musical if he wants to give it a shot. That man can do anything he puts his mind to.

No. Musicals really don't work like that. -Not that he would not do a good job making it his own- But it would affect the whole show if he just did whatever he felt. There are harmonies and movements that have to be done correctly, or it won't work out right for the rest of the cast and would throw things off. Now if he could learn all of the things he needed, more power to him. But nobody can just walk on stage night of show and play a part in a production, no matter how talented.

Do Josh And Andrew Play St Jimmy Exactly The Same Way Tony Does?

the only thing i don't like about it is it's such an obvious publicity stunt and that means the show is struggeling and it will close soon

the only thing i don't like about it is it's such an obvious publicity stunt and that means the show is struggeling and it will close soon

To your second statement first: The show is struggling, but they're doing the best they can to make it last to January. I haven't heard of any new incoming show looking at the St. James so unlike what happened with "Hair" where the theatre kinda kicked them out for a new show, there isn't too much pressure from Jujamcyn. At least not visible pressure.

To your first question: No. I haven't seen Kobak!Jimmy live but I have seen Andrew!Jimmy. From what I heard, Kobak's more of a sex-god kind of St. Jimmy. He isn't lurking in the shadows like Tony. Plus... nipple rings! :eyebrow:

I feel like Tony plays a drugged-up addict St. Jimmy while Andrew really does act like he's a part of Johnny. Andrew doesn't do the Tony-ish St. Jimmy singing voice, either. And while I like Tony, I will say it over and over again, I prefer Andrew in LNOE. :)

If it was an obvious publicity stunt, it would be advertised EVERYWHERE. Maybe they'd have him do it just for the sheer joy? :rolleyes:

And the show isn't doing as badly as, say, Next to Normal. The show is sort of in the middle when it comes to making money.

If it was an obvious publicity stunt, it would be advertised EVERYWHERE. Maybe they'd have him do it just for the sheer joy? :rolleyes:

And the show isn't doing as badly as, say, Next to Normal. The show is sort of in the middle when it comes to making money.

It's true, it wouldn't be hinted out in B'way boards or "I've got a secret" tweets on Twitter. It would be all over the place! ONE WEEK ONLY! HURRY HURRY HURRY, GET YA TICKETS! But no, it's not like that.

I did notice new AI commercials tonight that start off with Billie Joe's interview from the Character Approved Awards, haah, hadn't seen that before.

No, if it was an OBVIOUS publicity stunt, it would have been press released to death but there's not a peep. It's a different kind of animal. Not sure what kind, but... different. I think Billie has been dying to do St. Jimmy. This rumor has been around from the beginning of the show, so publicity stunt, maybe. Billie wants to do it? Absolutely.

And yes, Plaid Ducky, Koback doing LNOE is very nice.

lipstick that bleeds.... I'm completely shooting in the dark now and am probably wrong, but doesn't at some point St. Jimmy have that upside-down-cross-with-a-heart, that logo, drawn on his stomach or something? (which then would have to do with lipstick that bleeds in the sense that it's done with red lipstick. and blood is red as well. ?????????). I really don't know, something in my mind is telling me this, so sorry if I'm wrong.

haha I barely even want to post it because I have no idea whether I'm making this up or not. but yeah. :lol:

*faces humiliation*

lipstick that bleeds.... I'm completely shooting in the dark now and am probably wrong, but doesn't at some point St. Jimmy have that upside-down-cross-with-a-heart, that logo, drawn on his stomach or something? (which then would have to do with lipstick that bleeds in the sense that it's done with red lipstick. and blood is red as well. ?????????). I really don't know, something in my mind is telling me this, so sorry if I'm wrong.

haha I barely even want to post it because I have no idea whether I'm making this up or not. but yeah. :lol:

*faces humiliation*

Yes, you are correct, at one point in the show just before St. Jimmy "dies" both characters use lipstick to paint a upside-down cross heart on their chest.

Whoops, wrote cross, not heart.

Edited by t ann

Yes, you are correct, at one point in the show just before St. Jimmy "dies" both characters use lipstick to paint a upside-down cross on their chest.

Oh wait, I did know that. Gah, I wish I could see the musical to see things like that myself.. instead of seeing it on pictures or videos.

ahh! this is all so exciting!!! why dont i live in NY :(

anyone conisdering going if all this speculation is true?

Yes, you are correct, at one point in the show just before St. Jimmy "dies" both characters use lipstick to paint a upside-down cross on their chest.

Woah. I didn't expect to be actually right. :banana:

Sooo that might have to do with the blood lipstick thing.

Oh wait, I did know that. Gah, I wish I could see the musical to see things like that myself.. instead of seeing it on pictures or videos.

Sorry, and it's a upside-heart, that they cross at the bottom of the heart, didn't mean to say it was a cross.

Well, if it happens, it's better getting recorded in some way. :lol:

Exactly :lol:

*sits back and waits to see what happens* :woot: