American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I read that today. Good review.

I did a rough scan of it.

NewYorker1.jpg

Newyorker2.jpg

Yeah...even with the digs he gets in it was a good read. But I also loveeee the new yorker.

Yeah...even with the digs he gets in it was a good read. But I also loveeee the new yorker.

He was there the night I saw it when green day got onstage. The end of the review is kinda the way I felt, too. After they sang, I just really wanted to see them perform. And luckily, I got my wish.

Great they got some nominations, especially Best Musical :happy:

It's a pity though at least Tom Kitt didn't get anything. And, as far as I can tell without having seen the musical (probably finally gonna watch that bootleg tomorrow. If I don't forget), that Tony didn't get a nomination either.

As you all may already know, Tony Vincent (and others in the American Idiot Team) were ROBBED of Tony Award nominations today, so why don't we, as fans, have OUR say against this crazy decision, and vote for them to get awards that really matter--awards voted for by FANS in the "2010 Theatre Fan's Choice Award" (at broadwayworld.com). Tony is in 2nd place for "Best Featured Actor in a Musical" (moved up from 3rd place in the past 2 hours since starting this campaign) and we'd love for you to help us get him to the top where he belongs! It only takes a few minutes to vote for your favourites in each category, so please spread the word, and pass this link along to all American Idiot fans, and get voting! Here's the link -->VOTE!

ingrid x

Edited by miss_ing

Reading several cast member's faebook statuses and twitters, they don't appear to be very happy about this either. :ermm:

Brace yourselves everyone because I think its going to be Fela's year.

Yeah, it does suck that the individual cast members didn't get nominated, but I'm really happy it got a Best Musical nomination!

It's funny how a Pulitzer Prize-winning composer such as Tom Kitt got snubbed this year. Green Day is amazing but he brought American Idiot to the next level. He really got into the layers and created more from it. Oh and Tony got robbed. That man OWNS the stage.

I'm just amazed that a record-breaking musical and a very highly-anticipated show didn't even get a few acknowledged nods from the committee. Fela's gonna win and AI won't get the credit they deserve and have worked so hard for. They brought this album to the stage and rocked it. So kudos to Michael, Johnny, Tony, Tom, the rest of the cast and our lovely boys for making this possible. My fingers are crossed for Christine and Kevin!

Tony has some tough competition with Bobby. That being said the musical, Mayer, Steven, Kevin, Tom, Christine, Brian, and Johnny are currently winning their categories. :thumbsup:

Tony has some tough competition with Bobby. That being said the musical, Mayer, Steven, Kevin, Tom, Christine, Brian, and Johnny are currently winning their categories. :thumbsup:

VOTED!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

As you all may already know, Tony Vincent (and others in the American Idiot Team) were ROBBED of Tony Award nominations today, so why don't we, as fans, have OUR say against this crazy decision, and vote for them to get awards that really matter--awards voted for by FANS in the "2010 Theatre Fan's Choice Award" (at broadwayworld.com). Tony is in 2nd place for "Best Featured Actor in a Musical" (moved up from 3rd place in the past 2 hours since starting this campaign) and we'd love for you to help us get him to the top where he belongs! It only takes a few minutes to vote for your favourites in each category, so please spread the word, and pass this link along to all American Idiot fans, and get voting! Here's the link -->VOTE!

ingrid x

I voted yesterday, and of course, Tony had a check mark next to his name. He's simply awesome, and as you've told us all along, truly the NICEST guy!

I have a question, is there any problem that American Idiot got nominated for Tony awards and the show it only has been like two weeks on broadway? Because I read some comments saying that because they were short time in broadway and of course they are going to sold out all the tickets, every play sold out the first weeks and because of that it didnt show itself is a good show. :dry:

I dont have the chance to see the Musical, but ppl saying that make me mad lol

I have a question, is there any problem that American Idiot got nominated for Tony awards and the show it only has been like two weeks on broadway? Because I read some comments saying that because they were short time in broadway and of course they are going to sold out all the tickets, every play sold out the first weeks and because of that it didnt show itself is a good show. :dry:

I dont have the chance to see the Musical, but ppl saying that make me mad lol

I'm sorry, but don't exactly understand what you're saying...

Are you asking if because it's only been on Broadway for a while that that's the reason it got so few nominations? If that's the case, no. It started previews in March so it's been around a considerable amount of time compared to some other new shows this spring.

And despite what some people have said, it hasn't sold out, at least not during a week (there's no public notice, as far as I know, of a single performance statistic).

It's a good show, I like it. However, it's not everyone's cup of tea and it seems like it especially wasn't the Tony nomination committee's cup of tea.

If that's not what you were asking, please clarify and I, or others, can answer your question better.

Last night was one of the best performances (if not the best) that I have seen. Having had a day off and all the rage about the Tonys, they all put extra energy I'd never seen before into each song. John in particular was living it up, and when he got to "Everyones so full of shit!", it was so intense, you knew he was talking about the nominations. Also during the encore, after the point where they usually wrap up the song, John launched into another 1-2 minutes of playing.

Talking to them all after was bittersweet. But what touched me most was when Mayer being there to comfort them all amd encourage them. At one point he said with a smile "We don't need no stinking badges"

it was also interesting to talk to Stark again. I asked him whether perhaps he interpreted the line "this dirty town was burning down in my dreams" as perhaps that Tunny was having dreams or imagining what at a terrorist attack might do to his town (because of the fear from Bush), and therefore he felt a need to join the Army in order to stop it. He told me "You know, I'd never thought of it like that, but I might just use that" :)

And of course, talking to Christina was wonderful as always :) She brought me backstage last night and was telling me all about how she goes from her Army costume to flying costume in 30 seconds and is the airbourne. It's really incredible, and the stage is amazing.

Total is now 13 shows :)

I just hope that they bring it down to Australia. It looks like (according to the website) their run might end in September, and I planning to go to the states next year.

Last night was one of the best performances (if not the best) that I have seen. Having had a day off and all the rage about the Tonys, they all put extra energy I'd never seen before into each song. John in particular was living it up, and when he got to "Everyones so full of shit!", it was so intense, you knew he was talking about the nominations. Also during the encore, after the point where they usually wrap up the song, John launched into another 1-2 minutes of playing. .....................

Total is now 13 shows :)

So happy you had an amazing evening! Makes me really want to see it again even MORE! 13 x's! WOWZA! :woot:

And of course, talking to Christina was wonderful as always :) She brought me backstage last night and was telling me all about how she goes from her Army costume to flying costume in 30 seconds and is the airbourne. It's really incredible, and the stage is amazing.

She is my favorite one, I think. So sweet and down to earth. And I wondered about that costume change! I knew it had to be quick.

Aww, that's so sweet that Michael was comforting them all! They're fabulous with or without Tony's! 9 days till I see the show!

By the way, the signing line is no longer in the hall, it's outside with railing just like most of the other shows

OK, so I hope nobody minds that I did this, but because of all the support we've had on here regarding their Tony snub, I went out and got a bunch of roses for all the cast on behalf of all the GDC, and Alysha from the cast is going to leave one at each actors station tonight, a token of our support for them, no matter what. And I made it clear it's from ALL of us, so I hope no one on here minds

• Like 1