American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

That shirt is U-G-L-Y! :lol:

If you search for pictures of Johnny, you'll realize that he wears the same shirts over and over. That one in particular pops up a few times. LOL. :happy:

ETA: Case in point:

2003-

2s01lyr.jpg

Last week-

tn-500_gallagherwm324561.jpg

If you search for pictures of Johnny, you'll realize that he wears the same shirts over and over. That one in particular pops up a few times. LOL. :happy:

Hahaha - he's a bit like Billie in that regard :).

Apologies if this has already been posted....

3 cast members performing WMUWSE on Monday's Live with Regis & Kelly - video and some pics.

Thanks! I've been waiting for a video from it :happy:

will watch as soon as the radio show I'm listening is over.

At least John's pants fit him right. :)

At least John's pants fit him right. :)

Hahaha - I think Billie would argue that his fit right, too. It's only the rest of the world that disagrees :lol:!!!

Thanks! I've been waiting for a video from it :happy:

will watch as soon as the radio show I'm listening is over.

You're welcome! BTW, love your avatar!

Time Of Your Life

its not the full video though.

also this is it possible some one could record a whole video of time of your life. i knows it kinda a big ask but i would love to see a full video of it. thanks

not sure this helps, but Katie recorded this on opening night:

Thursday, April 29

Gwyneth Paltrow

(Iron Man 2)

Broadway's "American Idiot"

(American Idiot)

Huh? I don't get it...

Thinking I'll try the lotto tomorrow night

you're in ny?! have you seen the play yet? what did you think?

Huh? I don't get it...

umm i think thats about David Letterman tonight

It must be a guy thing to hang on to their clothes forever!

you're in ny?! have you seen the play yet? what did you think?

umm i think thats about David Letterman tonight

OOOoooooh! That makes sense. Thanks :).

It must be a guy thing to hang on to their clothes forever!

...I still have and wear clothes from three years ago? :ninja: (and I'd have older stuff too if it weren't for that fact that it's too small for me now)

...I still have and wear clothes from three years ago? :ninja: (and I'd have older stuff too if it weren't for that fact that it's too small for me now)

Yeah, but Billie still has pants from when he was in 11th grade. That was a lot longer than three years ago! :lol:

Yeah, but Billie still has pants from when he was in 11th grade. That was a lot longer than three years ago! :lol:

Yeah, but it would be kind of practically impossible for me to have pants from more than 20 years ago :lol:

Yeah, but it would be kind of practically impossible for me to have pants from more than 20 years ago :lol:

Hahahahahahahaha - that's cute :).

I think I have a little crush on Michael Esper. :wub:

Me too and I got a picture with him. I love it! Stark Sands is pretty cute too. Got a pic with him too.

not sure this helps, but Katie recorded this on opening night:

yes it does thank you very much for the link and thanks Katie for recording it

I just watched the Letterman performance (recorded it last night) and it was good. Nice that they brought the scaffolding/bus over - it wouldn't have been the same without it. I love the little soloes in that song. Theo is always so funny and crazy-eyed for his solo part. :lol:

I'll be at St. Jimmy's theater on June 12th and I have to say, I was not amazed by the TV version of "Holiday" on Letterman. FTR, I am HUGE fan of musicals, broadway and off, and while the show looks looks amazingly produced, it's hard to hear different versions of a song that I know as second nature. I can't wait to see it and be wrong, but I purposely haven't listened to the album, skipped Regis, watched any of the YouTube videos so it'll be fresh when I see it. That said, I couldn't help watching Letterman, and after, feeling a little worried I won't love it. Please God, make me wrong. Everyone I know that's seen it LOVES it, and that includes most of my family that are not Green Day fans and obviously everyone here, and critics everywhere love it, so I'm thinking and hoping I'M WRONG.

My advice is just go and watch without being worried about the necessity for loving it. I was worried before I went for the first time, but I tried to just sit and be totally open (I suspended my inner critic for the first performance I saw). I haven't watched the Letterman performance yet, but I seriously doubt it could even begin to recreate the entire experience of the show. Also, there may be parts you love and parts you ... not so much ... but I'll be surprised if you seriously hate it.

But just go and see what you think. It'll be disappointing if you hate it, but you can express your true feelings here, and we won't ban you from the forum or anything :lol:.

Aw, you might love it, you might not. Honestly, I didn't love it at first viewing in Berkeley. But it's changed a lot and improved so much since then. I really do love it now.

You have to step away from it being Green Day music just a bit and just enjoy the energy and performances as they stand alone. I think whenever something is done like it was on Letterman last night, it's always somewhat awkward because the audience hasn't related to the characters and doesn't know their stories from just viewing that one part of the musical. If the performance of 21 Guns on the Grammys had been set like it is in the show, I don't think it would have gone over so well. They were wise to make that more of a performance than a snippet of the show.

• Like 1