American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I saw this at BroadwaySecrets... hate to say it, but it's kind-of true... :rolleyes:

1xz4fs.jpg

Its 100% true, I can't count how many times I've seen questions about those very things on here.... and despite the fact we keep answering them, no one seems to be a big fan of the Search tool...

I saw this at BroadwaySecrets... hate to say it, but it's kind-of true... :rolleyes:

http://i48.tinypic.com/1xz4fs.jpg

Meh, I don't like seeing more confirmation that there won't be a dvd and that it won't tour (not that if it would tour it would come anywhere near me, but still) :lol:

no idea why I put a lol-smiley there.

I really don't know why they're not making a dvd. I mean I'm pretty sure there's alot of people all around the world who'd like to see this, and we can't all travel to Broadway.

I understand that; filming a stage show is very difficult and time consuming.

But it's still is harsh news for the people who can't come to New York to see it.

I hope for all the people who can't, that a tour happens sometime in the future.

While a DVD is normal for Green Day, it's not common for Broadway shows. This is one of those times when you have to look at this as a Broadway show... They're not going to make a DVD, especially at the beginning of the run. Maybe at the end when it's closing, but very rarely do Broadway shows have DVDs.. And maybe it'll tour next year....

it´s not fair,

i mean, i would totally understand when they wouldn´t tour but they could release it on dvd.

Meh. I guess I'll have to find a free illegal bootleg on the interwebs, then. It's just not possible for me to go to the show, and there won't be an offical dvd, so I don't see the problem in that (well, apart from that I probably won't be able to find one), it's not like they lose money (or anything) over it. Anyone with me on my mission? :lol:

Meh. I guess I'll have to find a free illegal bootleg on the interwebs, then. It's just not possible for me to go to the show, and there won't be an offical dvd, so I don't see the problem in that (well, apart from that I probably won't be able to find one), it's not like they lose money (or anything) over it. Anyone with me on my mission? :lol:

Me! :)

I don't get why they'd make a DVD of it, theatre shows rarely get them unless they've been running a long time or something. They want people to come out and see it and putting a DVD out there this early in the game would be silly

The only reason this would get a DVD too soon is if it does absolutely TERRIBLE at broadway and they issue it to try and make up the difference. (Think Shrek the Musical, it did fairly bad and is getting a DVD this year so Dreamworks could try to make up the loss)

And as it looks, it's gonna do pretty well for a little while.

damn...how am I supposed to see it then? :(

Considering this all came about from them planning to make AI a movie, I would love to see them make a movie musical of this. That of course is dependent on its Broadway success. But its always a possibility

It would be great if they taped a performance for Great Peformances on Thirteen. I'm tired of all the operas.

^ I have no idea what that channel or show it, but "if they taped a performance" sounds really good :D

If the show is a success on Broadway, it will probably eventually tour the States. And a DVD would probably me made at the end of the Broadway run (again if successful). Think Rent. It's exactly how that show went: Broadway, tour, final show DVD. So there is hope.

If the show is a success on Broadway, it will probably eventually tour the States. And a DVD would probably me made at the end of the Broadway run (again if successful). Think Rent. It's exactly how that show went: Broadway, tour, final show DVD. So there is hope.

But, a DVD with the original cast is what everyone wants I think. I know I would, luckily I'm seeing the show May 14th.

A DVD with the original cast would be wonderful, but I'm also more than happy with a DVD with not the original cast. At this point I'm happy with anything I can get because I know there is nill chance I can go see it myself.

But, a DVD with the original cast is what everyone wants I think. I know I would, luckily I'm seeing the show May 14th.

as much as i would love that to happen, i doubt it will

they rarely make DVDs out of musicals

although i have seen it done with operas, the MET keeps a record, so maybe theres a chance?

as much as i would love that to happen, i doubt it will

they rarely make DVDs out of musicals

although i have seen it done with operas, the MET keeps a record, so maybe theres a chance?

But they did one of Rent at the very last show and brought back all the original cast (or at least that wanted to return), so maybe way down the road this could be a possibility. Obviously it could be years and speculation is a time waster. But I can't help but keep up hope.