Green Day Quotes

Fuzz

sorry for the whining and stuff, but I always thought it was "and likes fuck-ups".

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I heard...:)

No, it's definetly blow jobs :)

Quote from AP article:

"It's like, once you think you're going deep, you haven't gone deep enough. You have to search the absolute demons of your soul to make a great record." - Billie Joe Armstrong

:happy:

That's a good one :)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how about

"Do you have a problem? I have a gun. I'll shoot you. No problem." - Billie

"I'm down with JC. He's cool." - Tre (when asked about Jesus Christ)

"It's not about the way you pick your nose its where you place the booger that counts" - Tre

Quote from AP article:

"It's like, once you think you're going deep, you haven't gone deep enough. You have to search the absolute demons of your soul to make a great record." - Billie Joe Armstrong

oh I guess i never saw that haha.

how about

"Do you have a problem? I have a gun. I'll shoot you. No problem." - Billie

this is so cool, origin?

AP article quote #2:

"The best way I can describe it right now is that it's like an apocalyptic angry mob with a city on fire and flashing lights while making out with your girlfriend." - Billie Joe Armstrong

"The lyrics of this record are like a novel, Billie had them all written out and he showed them to us, and it's just like, boom-there it is." - Tre Cool

How come people can read the first post before posting quotes already on the page ?

Honestly...

"You're a bunch of funny little people"

and

"Oh hey, look at that guy with green hair, he's a punk rocker.... look, he's even telling everybody... you fuckin' hippy!"

:lol:

-- Both from Woodstock '04, before they play When I Come Around.

Would love to see those on there.

Quotes #3:

"Of course, you also want something that'll make one hell of a killer tattoo." - Billie Joe Armstrong

"I was like, 'Oh, God, my best days are behind me, and I'm only 20 years old.'" - Billie Joe Armstrong

Quotes #3:

"Of course, you also want something that'll make one hell of a killer tattoo." - Billie Joe Armstrong

"I was like, 'Oh, God, my best days are behind me, and I'm only 20 years old.'" - Billie Joe Armstrong

What was he talking about in the tattoo quote?

What was he talking about in the tattoo quote?

He's talking about the characters, christian and gloria, what they could represent, like a certain feeling or something, so people could relate to that. :)

He's talking about the characters, christian and gloria, what they could represent, like a certain feeling or something, so people could relate to that. :)

Ah yeah, i remember reading about that now. Cool, thanks.

Quotes #4:

"There's nothing to prove anymore; we're just trying to show we have this spirit that rock 'n' roll can change lives, and it really is a religious experience that means something to us.

It's more about faith now." - Billie Joe Armstrong

"It always amazes me how quick it happens: You're sitting around one day and you're like, 'I'm unemployed? This is bullshit.' You call up the other guys and you're like, 'Hey-you want a job?'" - Mike Dirnt

"It's some kind of quirk I have. I have this work ethic that'll probably eventually kill me.

But I'm a songwriter-I'm obligated to keep pushing myself." - Billie Joe Armstrong

:)

'Why are there no clouds in the sky?.....coz god wants to watch his favorite band again!'

Nah, it's an old joke, it's definitely "blowjobs". In the clip it's bleeped out, but you can hear the end of "...jobs". He said it on a part of a show entitled "Fuse Fuck-Ups" though, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

no, it's not that, but I'm pretty sure I once heard an uncensored version where he said fuck-ups, but I think I may have misremembered that :)

And I always hear *bleep*-ups/obs. but, whatever, everyone says it's blowjobs x)

[/too late]

I like this thread, I never heard of some/most of the quotes! :D

Quotes #5:

"You can't live on planet rock star 24/7; you have to be down and dirty and have some fun." - Billie Joe Armstrong

"There are moments where you may feel hopeless, but all of a sudden you lift out of that and you're like, 'Shit, here we go-I just went through a three-minute emotional roller coaster, but there's still this spark.'" - Mike Dirnt

"I was high, but it was like, 'Okay, you dig this church, I'll be there for you, buddy.'

But, yeah-wow. Some of the shit that guy was saying..." - Tre Cool

:wub:

^ how do you get/where do you find all those quotes?

I never remember quotes when I read/hear them...

^ how do you get/where do you find all those quotes?

I never remember quotes when I read/hear them...

Sshhht.. ;p

I'm sitting in front of the pc with the AP article in front of me (:

I'm just quickly looking at it again, to see if there are some quotes I could post here ;p

I'm not posting everything they say, cuz sometimes it way too long and stuff xDD

Sshhht.. ;p

I'm sitting in front of the pc with the AP article in front of me (:

I'm just quickly looking at it again, to see if there are some quotes I could post here ;p

I'm not posting everything they say, cuz sometimes it way too long and stuff xDD

xD

and I don't recognise even half of the quotes :cry:

I should really reread that article :D

Quotes #6:

"A lot of this record is just trying to come up with answers to the confusion.

I think if more confused people come together, then hopefully we'll come up with a few more solutions." - Billie Joe Armstrong

"Let's shake some shit up-that's all you can do" - Tre Cool

:wink:

"...and sometimes I think she may have married the end of the world." -Billie.

I love this quote so much. Billie talking about Adrienne.

"...and sometimes I think she may have married the end of the world." -Billie.

I love this quote so much. Billie talking about Adrienne.

Yeah, I love that one too :D

"Hey! You American Idiot!"

"... It's MISTER American Idiot to you..."

I haven't checked the quote section yet, but I just like this quote so much, it's so funny how BJ says that

during a Foxboro show :D

"Hey! You American Idiot!"

"... It's MISTER American Idiot to you..."

I haven't checked the quote section yet, but I just like this quote so much, it's so funny how BJ says that

during a Foxboro show :D

Dude, that during a Pinhead Gunpowder show. Lol

"Don't jack off a cactus, you'll only hurt your hand and the cactus' feelings."- Tré.

It was on...and interview during the warning era I think. I forgot which show it was on though. It was something like "ego's and icons"

Archived