How Would You React If You Met Green Day?

gmcloughlin

Ever met Green Day?  

552 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That has to be the best answer in this whole thread.

Why thank you. :D

But it's true. They ARE just normal human beings despite their fame. I've met a famous person before and I just spoke to him like a normal person. Of course my heart was racing, but it wasn't obvious that I was freaking out inside. We started talking about just that, how famous people like to be treated, he said "I'd much rather have someone talk to me like I'm a real person and not famous." And I told him "Yeah that'd be irritating I'd imagine" and I actually have his e-mail and we talk when he's not busy. Most of the time I even forget he's famous.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^It's not the fact they're famous that would make me feel strange talking to them, I don't care about that. It's the fact I admire them so much for the music they've created, I'd really be in awe of them. I'd try to be as cool as possible of course, but I know I'd feel totally awkward speaking to someone who I look up to so much. It would be surreal.

^ Yeah see it's different with me because it's pretty easy for me to talk to people I look up to which is why the fact that their famous is probably the only logical thing to me and reason why I'd freak out inside. But I'm really good at hiding that, and eventually it just fades away throughout the conversations him and I have had. And like I said, I forget he's famous, so I guess I don't really care much about it? I dunno its weird because I don't care that their famous, but that adrenaline rush would still act up. I was actually supposed to go to the FBHT LA show with him since he knew the band and he was gonna introduce me but I couldn't go. :(

Jello was backstage after the first FBHT show in Oakland. I took a picture of Jello and Billie Joe talking to each other. My friend and I were talking to Adrienne, and when we mentioned that we wanted to get a picture with Billie, she grabbed my camera out of my hand and said "C'mon, I'll take a picture of you with him," but we had to wait a minute because she didn't want to interrupt their conversation. Adrienne Armstrong is truly one of the kindest, sweetest, likable people I have ever met. (And I love showing people the pic of me and Billie and my friend, and mentioning that the photographer was his wife!)

Yes, indeed. Those were some pretty amazing days, weren't they Leanne? :)

that picture makes me LOL everytime I see it. He looks scared of you guys. :)

^ So, who is he? :D

Dominic Monaghan. Most well known for his roles as Merry in the LOTR series and Charlie in Lost. He's also gonna be in the X-Men Origins movie as Beak.

If I would meet them I would just stand there try to say something that's understandable xD

Trying not to scream and all.. but I bet my heart will beat as hard as it never did xDDD

I wish I could see them live.. REALLY SOON!! :wub:

Meeting Green Day?! Man...

There will be no chance because I'm ages away but I would:

Go up to them and then immediatly ask for my Green Day albums to be autographed XD.

And then I would ask them about all the tours the they did and how they basically were in the old years.

I would tell them on what the Bullet In The Bible experience was and have my guitar to be signed.

Ahhhhh...Loads. :D

that picture makes me LOL everytime I see it. He looks scared of you guys. :)

Hahaha, as well he should have been! ;-)

Aw, that is so sweet :) Would it be possible to get to see this picture?

BillieJello.jpg

Hi Mary! Great picture, thank you for posting it :) I've been meaning to ask you-did you go to see Prima Donna when they played in San Francisco?

If I ever met Green Day, I would coax them into a dark corner and then knock them all unconscious so I could hang them in my closet and make people pay me to visit them.

Ah, if only.

I've just realised I never ever get bored of hearing peoples stories if they've met them and even if I've read a post about it loads of times, I can read it the next day and still be just as excited and happy for them. :) Can't wait to the next tour and hearing everyones stories, woo!

Ooh what's this, a cool picture!

^ Yeah see it's different with me because it's pretty easy for me to talk to people I look up to which is why the fact that their famous is probably the only logical thing to me and reason why I'd freak out inside. But I'm really good at hiding that, and eventually it just fades away throughout the conversations him and I have had. And like I said, I forget he's famous, so I guess I don't really care much about it? I dunno its weird because I don't care that their famous, but that adrenaline rush would still act up. I was actually supposed to go to the FBHT LA show with him since he knew the band and he was gonna introduce me but I couldn't go. :(

Ha yeah I think I can imagine that would be a real buzz actually, even just for the novelty of seeing someone you're already familiar with like that face to face, such a strange situation. You must have nerves of steel. Sounds like he must be a really nice bloke then, NICE offer!

I've just realised I never ever get bored of hearing peoples stories if they've met them and even if I've read a post about it loads of times, I can read it the next day and still be just as excited and happy for them. :)

Me too, those stories always makes me smile, they're a joy to read.

Ditto, plus they make me incredibly jealous. I doubt I'll ever meet them... :cry:

Ditto, plus they make me incredibly jealous. I doubt I'll ever meet them... :cry:

Haha, well I'm already jealous of them by default. But reading those stories is definitely the next best thing. You get a little insight into what they guys are like when they're just hanging out, which is really cool. Like with the Foxboro tour, instead of just knowing they were touring and I couldn't go, getting to hear all about it in detail meant we could all join in on the fun a little bit.

I wouldn't mind meeting them myself instead though :lol:

^Aaah remeber those days when I felt like despetarely looking for anyone who could buy me flight ticket to US :P

But seriously, I love reading all those stories and never get tired of them :D

Aw, he's cool. And he knows Green Day? Even cooler!

Haha, what a great picture. Thanks for posting :)

Ooh what's this, a cool picture!

Ha yeah I think I can imagine that would be a real buzz actually, even just for the novelty of seeing someone you're already familiar with like that face to face, such a strange situation. You must have nerves of steel. Sounds like he must be a really nice bloke then, NICE offer!

Yeah he's really nice. He's such a sweetheart too. :wub: He even offered that when I get out to CA, if I can't find a place to stay he'd let me stay with him. Plus he'd purchase my plane ticket.

And yes, I do have nerves of steel. I can lie to a police officer easily without worrying. :cool: I did that yesterday. :lol:

i would be just kinda normal, go up and talk to them and just be friendly and happy. i would most likely be extremely intoxicated at the time though so that would make things go smoothly :rolleyes:

Yeah he's really nice. He's such a sweetheart too. :wub: He even offered that when I get out to CA, if I can't find a place to stay he'd let me stay with him. Plus he'd purchase my plane ticket.

And yes, I do have nerves of steel. I can lie to a police officer easily without worrying. :cool: I did that yesterday. :lol:

:lol: I won't ask. And that's awesome, your nerves of steel really paid off!

i would LOVE to meet Billie, so fucking badly i do!!! all the lucky basterds that got to meet him think about when you first did!!!

Archived