How Would You React If You Met Green Day?

gmcloughlin

Ever met Green Day?  

552 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well...I would scream inside.. and possibly out too :blink: (but that will not happen If I'm with them with no one else around), Freeze, have a heart attack, be really shaky and nervous.. and after all.. I would go ask for an autograph.. and try to talk to them as a normal person.. (which will will not happen cause I would be totally freaked out )

:lol:

I'M SO SHY!! :pinch:

I think i'd do the same.. 'cept i wouldnt have a heartd iattack, i'd just cry tears of joy cuz they mean so much 2 me lol

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shoved a piece of paper in Mike's face and asked him for a hug :lol:

And I got one :) He gives nice hugs I might add.

I've reacted in various different ways. I've frozen, I've blurted out way too many words in one breath and was amazed that they could understand me, I've spoken really loud, I've made odd vowel sounds, I've gotten really shaky and nervous, and I've spoken perfectly normal sentences. I think it's a combination of a lot of things and mixed up emotions when put in front of the band, and that people have alot of different reactions all at once. It's the aftershock that really gets me though. Like "Whoa, did that really happen?"

I have no idea what I'd say if I were to meet one of them. That's pretty much how I am with any person in general.

I guess I'd say "hi, that was a great show" with a rehearsed smile and ask for a picture. If any conversation comes up somehow, I'll attempt to go along with it.

But really, I can't keep any conversation going past 5 seconds. Nobody likes me.

I've reacted in various different ways. I've frozen, I've blurted out way too many words in one breath and was amazed that they could understand me, I've spoken really loud, I've made odd vowel sounds, I've gotten really shaky and nervous, and I've spoken perfectly normal sentences. I think it's a combination of a lot of things and mixed up emotions when put in front of the band, and that people have alot of different reactions all at once. It's the aftershock that really gets me though. Like "Whoa, did that really happen?"

This.

I've had friendly 10 minute conversations where everything went smoothly and normally, like talking to an old friend (though it was really my first time meeting one of them), I've had word vomit, I've said things and literally thought WHILE I was speaking 'Wow, I sound completely stupid right now'. I'm always abnormally calm.

Except with Paul Rudd. Paul Rudd was treated to a flail (and yes OBVIOUSLY he's not in the band, but he was there for the band so).

i'd freeze then pass out, then when i get up i'd ask for a signature casually like i never passed out

I'm really glad of the way I met Billie, if we don't count the excitable blabber inside the St James in August 2010 as 'meeting' him

Being on barrier outside the St James on the 23rd of Feb kinda got a lot the 'SQUEE' out of my system, and having him react the way he did when he saw me kinda made me relax when I actually had a minute to talk to him properly at the GDC party on the 26th.

shamelessly whoring this video:

0:35 :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I wouldn't know what to say. I think I'd freeze.

I wanna have a conversation with Green Day badly, cause I grew up with their music and they're a part of my life :happy: I definitely wouldn't scream though. I think I'd be like "Hello mrArmstrong :woot: " :P

I would just go there and talk nicely and say a bunch of stuff I wanna say without being dramatic though :D

I'd love to say I would just be completely calm and everything, but to be honest I would probably freak out.

I see myself standing their in shock then either start to scream or cry.

It would be happy tears of course, I mean who wouldn't cry if their dream came true?

Not to mention I would have no clue what to say! Do I call them Mr. Armstrong, Mr. Tre and Mr. Dirnt??

I would... I dunno I hope I wouldn't make them think I am completely insane :P

I want to meet Mike give him a coffe and talk about our religious belifes based on Star Wars

Even though I would be very nervous and completely freaked out in my mind, I would still try be calm and just have a 'normal' conversation. I would have saved the 'freak out part' to afterwards.

I've never met any of them nor have I seen them in concert (I was like DAMMIT! when i missed their 21st CB tour and realized it'd be years before they'd return). I would most likely be shivering from nervousness and be like in my mind "wow I never thought I'd be standing in the presence of Bille Joe, Mike, and Tre". Hopefully on the next tour, I'll get lucky enough to see them live and meet them.

good poll idea! :D

i think i'd cry tbh, but i voted for pass out cause i probably would :')

Good idea for a thread. Unfortunately, I haven't met them yet but I think if I would, I would freeze.

So I voted for that, haha. But well, I can't really imagine how it is to meet them, so it would probably be something else :lol:

I just freezed. Which sucks, I know, but I couldn't believe what was happening

I met Billie Joe 3 times and I´ll never forget these times :happy:

the first time, I was standing in front of the St. James after the AI show on Jan. 2nd. a woman talked to me about GD and Billie Joe and if I met him before (she was really nice :) ). when Billie came towards me and grabbed my playbill, I was just thinking: "OMG OMG He´s there... right in front of me... he´s so beautiful :wub: (I didn´t want to be fangirlish, but I realised that he´s much more beuatiful than on pictures) ... and suddenly he said to me while signing the playbill: "Oh Shit! I´m sorry!" I was like "did he talk to me? YEAH, really!" and I just said "no problem" ( :pinch: so embrassing!!! I couldn´t think about something else! I was frozen). and after he left with the car, I was crying a bit. I realised that I just met one of my role models and he talked to me, because he diswrote his signature :lol: but I love this signature more than the other one :happy:

his diswrote signature (left):

DSCN2450-1.jpg

video of Billie when I met him (0:26... my arm and playbill which he signs, really!):

Billie Joe after AI

i'll ask for a picture with me, asked for an autograph, have a little calm chat with them :D

but i'm not sure, it'll be in my head when i met them, 'cause i'll really nervous, but i wont scream because i wanna be the only one that meet them in that place hahahahah :D

I don't really see the point of autographs...... unless it's on like, a guitar or an album or something because that would be cool. I would probably just tell them I live above the old petroleum museum because it's where they used to play shows and sleep whenever they came here.

This is just so so so delayed. But in Seattle?

Hahaha, cool poll.

Holy shit, how would I react? To be honest this is the ONLY thing I dont know. I dont know how would I react. I guess, I would freak out. OR.. I would laugh all the time. :lol:

Archived