How Would You React If You Met Green Day?

gmcloughlin

Ever met Green Day?  

552 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I've met around bands, I've usually froze up. But had some courage to let out a word or two. So who knows when/if meet Green Day. The possibilities are endless. I just don't want to scream or cry.... I don't really want to freak the fuck out of them.... :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm madly in love with mike but i have a feeling that if i met him i would just be a too excited happy puddle of girl on the floor :-P

if i did manage to get some words together i wold just babble on about random stuff and then they'll make some excuse to leave....but i want to meet them and marry mike, lol

When I met green day in May 2009 at the NYC meet and greet I froze up D:

so he wrote "jenny" with three Js.

2e3vex3.jpg

34ox0md.jpg

wow I'm SOOOO jealous :blink:

J-J-J-Jenny haha i think thats kinda cool actually :)

I'd try not to mumble...and say 'thank you' (it's the best way I think I would put into words what they and their music mean to me)

i will freak out for sure but i will try to calm down but i won't so i will freak and talk to them and hug them take some pics,tell them how much i love them :) and i won't let them go away i will follow them or will let them stay with me but it will be hard thing to do so i will go with them or follow them and they won't know that so i will be so happy the time of my life :P

First I´d be speecheless, than I would scream, cry and freak out!! Ant at the end I would try just to be cool and try to speake to them, but I dont think i could do this .. :lol:

I would die, well, not really, just kinda pass-out, and then they would save me... Hopefully... Then I would TRY to start a conversation, but, most likely, fail

I would probably not say anything and completely freeze, and then after I went away, keep thinking of things I should have said to them :ermm:

I would probably say "Ohmyfuck! It's Green Day/ Mike/ Billie/ Tre!"

Then I would ask for a hug, ask them to autograph something (album, napkin, arm, etc)

Then blabber on about how awesome they are and how much they mean to me.

After that I would notice how much I was talking and what an idiot I must sound like and say, and tell them that "I'll shut up now"

Yeah.. I got it all planned out :cool:

Either that, or I'll be extremely excited and maintain my composure. But that's not as fun... :mellow:

my bud Sarah and I breifly got to speak to Billie inside the theatre for the AI musical. We were front row and he was about 6 rows back so we slid along the aslie to get out to go up to him (after a moment of standing up and hesitating) - when he saw us approaching him he said 'oh hey I know you guys' (from all the shows we'd been to in Europe) so that took alot of the initial freaking out away. I did speak very fast and my hands were shaking, but managed to get out 'I'm sorry to interupt because I know you guys are here together (him and Adie) but could you please sign this? You don't know how much this means' and he signed my AI CD inlay that I had bought along on the off-chance the band would be there.

Then at the bar in the theatre after the show was over we waved to Jason Freese and he came over to speak to us! We had a really good conversation. He's super easy to talk to - it felt like we had known each other for ages, he was asking us about the tour and we asked him a few things and we got a photo and he signed my AI inlay as well. The photo is in my GDC profile.

Then outside the Toronto show this year we spoke to Jason again for ages. He's really such a nice guy. And after the Toronto show we were at the aftershow party and said hi to Tre and he grabbed Sarah's and my hand. That was stange, I kinda just stared bug-eyed and he was gone before I could say anything coherent.

my AI CD inlay photo

I would be completely speechless and my eyes would be so wide they would fall out of the sockets. Seriously. When I saw them last year, I was in this "oh my fucking god Green Day is ten fucking feet away from me" state of mind for the first few songs. It took a while to sink in.

And if I'm actually able to calm down, I would ask for a picture and/or an autograph. The usual.

Freeze, and then drop dead.. I mean.. if I almost dropped dead when I met Jakob Armstrong, can you imagine me meeting one of them?! :mellow:

I'd also like to mention that this post has made me a Brat. :thumbsup:

Um, in the second question i chose all of the answers XD

First i would freeze, then scream, then blabber, then when they go away i realise what just happened and THEN i faint :P

I would be speechless, grow pale, my hands would shake, my voice would tramble, Billie/Mike/Tré would give me a strange look and I would shake my head in disbelief. Then I would realise how stupid I act and stutter something utterly ridiculous. :ermm:

Another possibilty: I would scream out of excitement and then hug Billie/Mike/Tré :wub: to death.

I have no how to appraise myself, I'm kinda unpredictable. =/

I would hope I would act normal, not sure if that is to much to hope for or not!

I would probably froze, my heart would start beating at the quickest possible rate and I would be speechless. I assume I would need a few minutes to get back to life... I hope I would take the chance as weel as I could - hugging them, and asking them everything, and all the other things.

Unfortunately I know this will never happen. I'm a pesimist, but anyways it CAN'T happen so, why even think about it..

For me, I think it would just depend on where I meet them. At a concert, I'd probably just tell them thank you for a great show. If I ran into them somewhere, at first I'd be like "Wow. Did I just randomly run into Green Day?" I'd be happy because of that, but I'd just tell them I'm a huge fan and ask for a picture and then let them go on their way. Now I host an open mic night in my town, and I've always dreamt of them showing up and playing. If that happened I'd talk music with them and have a real conversation. Would I get excited to meet them? Yes I would, but I wouldn't have a fan freak out.

I am envious about you all reacting so calm! :unsure: I'd hate to react how I was describing it before because I wouldn't want to make a complete fool of myself. :ermm:

Sadly I know me good enough... I can rely on my talent to always react the wrong way in a 'stressful situation'. :whistle

Well, first of all I never believed they would come to Costa Rica. I bought my ticket on June ( I think so ) and the concert was October 29th, so imagine how long I waited. I watched my ticket everyday but I never realized they would be at the stadium here ! Until I saw Billie Joe jumping to the stage, I knew the ticket was for the presentation of GD here in Costa Rica. The best 3 and a half hours of my entire life ! I think I can die in peace now. So if you ask me how would I react if someday I meet them, I'll go crazy!!!! But for now, I can't possibly dream of meeting them!! I'm working my ass off the University and trying to see how I'm going to live my life in the future. Sometimes I wish I could find an adventurous spirit inside of me and leave my life, work, travel around the world and follow Green Day in every Tour they'll have! But the fear hits me and set me in reality!

-I never believed Green Day would come to Costa Rica

-I spent all my savings in the ticket

-I was near the stage, got wet by Tre Cool!

-I saw Mike Dirnt with bunny ears

-I saw Billie Joe's butt (pretty beautiful)

-I sang and screamed all their lyrics !!!!!!!!!!!

so, that's all I could ask for. If they come back again sometime, you can bet I'll be there and I'll try everything to meet them !!!!!!!

I got to meet Billie a few times when we went to NY to see St. Billie <3

Me and my friend Polly (Pols4tre on here) saw Billies tweet and we were both like if your 100% I'm 100%, so 4 days before we were due to leave we booked it! We got to our hotel at 9.25pm and rushed through check in to see if we could see Billie leaving the theater. Luckly our hotel was right next to the theater and when we got there there was only 4 other people there. The security started to bring the barriers out and we got barrier. So there we were, hair everywhere no make up on and feeling sick from just getting off an 8.30hr flight and the nervousness of meeting our hero. When he came out he took my breath away. I was planning on asking for a hug or atleast saying we travelled from the UK to see him but nothing came out. Over the next 3/4 days we got to meet him 7 times and we got to quickly see Tre run out to the car <3 From living outside the St. James, getting there at 11am and leaving at 11pm and taking brakes inbetween to go get food, we knew the routine. Lotto would happen at 12pm for the 2pm show and the rusults would get called at 12.30,while people we distracted by that Billie would then show up in his black car and rush inside! One time his car pulled up right by me and he got out and we were face to face, I managed to say "can I have a photo with you please?" and he said to me "I'm really sorry but I can't right now, I have to go get ready! But I'll do it later" It was hardly anything but because he spoke to me I was shaking for the next hour! We always stayed around while the shows were on to make sure we got the same spot at the barrier each time! That experience has to be the best one I've ever had witout a doubt <3 I'm so thankful for it!

obviously I am really jealous of all who got to meet him, and I think I would join the general consensus and say that I would try to keep a level head and be polite and stuff... I would at least say "Thank you," if nothing else. Billie Joe pulled my sister onstage last year, if that counts, and I went absolutely nuts for her ^_^

Archived