How Would You React If You Met Green Day?

gmcloughlin

Ever met Green Day?  

552 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd be in shock, probably laugh a lot, and stutter, and just say whatever came to my mind :mellow:

I'd ask for a picture I think and an autograph ... but who knows ... maybe I'd just pass out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something like this:

:blink: Oh my gawd. Your Green Day!

:woot: i love you guys so much

*One of them says something*

:o

*faints*

omg!!!! i have no idea what i'd do!!!! ive had dreams where i met them but other than that no. i wanna meet them soooooo badly!!! the next conert i go to i hope to meet them or get backstage passes or something. aldfskjad;lsja;l they are just soooooooooo awesome

I'd probably be slightly starstruck at first. After I get passed that I'd love to have a regular chat with them about music, pop culture, ect.

I'd probably freeze for a moment, just to fully register that my favorite band was in front of me(or one of the members of the band). Then I'd blab about how much they mean to me and, if I'm not feeling too shy, ask for a hug.

i met them about a year ago at a Hot Topic meet and greet. i was so nervous i could barely talk. i froze up big time haha

Only in my dreams, unfortunately... Tre brought me to Wendy's in it. :D

If I met them, I would probably EXPLODE of happiness.

I'd freeze, stare at them for a few seconds and then attempt to say something but probably nothing I said would make sense. Something like "Ohmigodtheresaholycraahhhhellloohmigod" Something like that. And shitting bricks would be somewhere in there.

I'd probably freeze for a few seconds, but then I'll try to act cool, like "billie joe? hi, big fan, can i have a photo with you? also, your wife is hot"... but all of this is hypotetical, i may end up shaking with an anxiety attack :lol:

I met them in 1991 and there were a few of us hanging out around after their set

just talking to them calmly, just like I would anyone else. That was before they

they dominated the world with their music and before they became the

best punk rock band ever!! I think if I were to meet them now, I don't think I'd

be as calm as I was 19 yrs ago. I'd probably be be nervous as hell.

I've never met anyone from the band, but I'm hoping to someday soon. I've come close to meeting Tre, though...it was nerve-wracking, to say the least. I was shaking a tiny bit, my mind was racing, and my stomach was in knots, but that's it. I honestly don't know how I would react if I actually did meet them, though. I'm shy as hell in general, and I've never met anyone famous or someone I admire. It's hard to tell. I wouldn't scream, I'm not one of those types. I'd try my hardest to say something halfway intelligent, something I wouldn't regret later. I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of my favorite band. I would probably ask for a picture, a hug, and ask Tre some drumming questions if there was time. I'd just try to keep as calm as possible. ...And after they were gone, then I'd let myself get upset. :rolleyes:

I'd never want to see them in a store or something and start screaming and chasing them, because honestly it probably freaks them out.

No, me neither. I probably wouldn't even come up to them! (not that it's ever going to happen! :) )

But I'd love to meet them somewhere where they expect to meet fans if that makes sense :D like after a show or something...that would be cool..

Heres hoping :)

No, I've never met any of them :(

If I did meet any of them, I'm fairly certain I would burst out in tears, latch onto them and refuse to let go until I eventually calmed down. And then... I have no idea. I guess it depends on how they would react to me also :lol:

I always wonder about this too, how would I react? I'm not sure.. I'll ask for a photograph maybe.. and um, I might say something strange. Try to have a conversation. And try not to sound like some fangirl too much.

Probably say "Damn it wish i had something for you to sign!!!"

I usually act calm in the moment and then react AFTER, so i'd prob say something along the lines of "I really love your music and all that you do" then ask for a picture. Then wait for them to go.. and then flip a shit.

I'd probably freeze for a moment, just to fully register that my favorite band was in front of me(or one of the members of the band). Then I'd blab about how much they mean to me and, if I'm not feeling too shy, ask for a hug.

I think this pretty much sums it up for me. I'm really shy. I think I would probably just wave and give a thumbs up if they were with their families, though. I wouldn't want to be rude.

I met Tré at the Toronto show's after party, and it all happened so fast and it was all so surreal I didn't have time to get nervous and start blubbering like a total idiot or anything. I just walked right up to Tré before anyone else, said, 'Hey, Tré, awesome show!' while he said 'Hey!' at the same time, and then I ((gently like, not all glompy)) gave him a hug for a second while he held his arms straight out in the air and went 'DON'T HURT ME'. LOL!

Then he turned to my Dad and complimented him by going, 'Heyyyy, nice shirt!' ((Click here if you're interested in what shirt my Dad was wearing, haha.)) To which my Dad responded, 'Custom made!' for lack of a better response, and then Tré basically went, 'Okay, I gotta go, everyone!'

So yeah, I managed to stay super cool purely because I didn't really have time to react, haha! :D

I met Tré at the Toronto show's after party, and it all happened so fast and it was all so surreal I didn't have time to get nervous and start blubbering like a total idiot or anything. I just walked right up to Tré before anyone else, said, 'Hey, Tré, awesome show!' while he said 'Hey!' at the same time, and then I ((gently like, not all glompy)) gave him a hug for a second while he held his arms straight out in the air and went 'DON'T HURT ME'. LOL!

Then he turned to my Dad and complimented him by going, 'Heyyyy, nice shirt!' ((Click here if you're interested in what shirt my Dad was wearing, haha.)) To which my Dad responded, 'Custom made!' for lack of a better response, and then Tré basically went, 'Okay, I gotta go, everyone!'

So yeah, I managed to stay super cool purely because I didn't really have time to react, haha! :D

Aww! that's an awesome story. I'm very jealous. =) How did you get passes to the after party?

Aww! that's an awesome story. I'm very jealous. =) How did you get passes to the after party?

Val AKA BeachBum from here on GDc got an extra one for me --- Apparently there's a table just before you get into the pit, and all you have to do is give them your eMail address to get the passes! O_O;

And my Dad managed to somehow pwn his way in by acting like I was a little kid and saying, 'I'm her Dad, can I come in, too?!' And the bouncer just let him! :D

Sweetest thing ever! I'm very sorry about your father.

This should go on the podcast....send this to Andres or I will. =P

Yeah, it really should. It was one of the sweetes/sadest things i've ever heard!

When I met green day in May 2009 at the NYC meet and greet I froze up D:

I didn't really say anything, besides the basic Hi and all that, atleast I wasn't annoying by talking too much hahah.

I got hugs from the whole band, and Billie's lasted the longest, almost 20 seconds!! Tre sang some song in a foreign language, and he threw candy at everyone. I caught a ton and I still have it perfectly wrapped. When he signed my CD he asked me what my name was, I stuttered DD: , so he wrote "jenny" with three Js. Best night of my life, it was SO worth the nine hour wait. :wub:

2e3vex3.jpg

34ox0md.jpg

(inside first page of deluxe 2st century breakdown album)

Archived