How Would You React If You Met Green Day?

gmcloughlin

Ever met Green Day?  

552 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Same, that's why I only went up and said hi and then walked away.

......and then cried in a corner :lol:

Haha oh no!! It freaked me out that i'd had poster of him on my walls for years and grew up listening to his music.. and suddenly he was looking into my eyes and talking to me. AHH. I squeezed him so hard, but I was in shock.. pure shock, I did so badly haha.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'd freak out, but I probably wouldn't know what to say or be able to speak proper English.

The worst thing that could happen is that I end up just staring at them. ..awkward.

I'd probably freeze and lose my ability to come up with something to say and I'd probably forget every english word I know.

I would hate myself afterwards and think of lots of great stuff to say. This fact actually kind of makes me not want to meet them :lol: In that case, it would have to be just me and them alone for like.. a long time. Enough time to make me calm down and think of sane things to say, otherwise I'd die a slow death afterwards, thinking of all the things I should've done :lol:

Man, it kills me just imagining that scenario haha!

Does Bill Schneider count? :lol: I love that guy!

But I think there's a huge difference from meeting them on the stage as compared to anywhere else. During a show, they're kind of putting on an act, a spectacle. Whereas on the street they're just trying to go about their normal lives just like everyone else. I'd never want to see them in a store or something and start screaming and chasing them, because honestly it probably freaks them out. If I get pulled up during a show, I'd probably hug Billie and ask if I could say hi to Jason White. I think the shock of it wouldn't hit me until it was all over, and then I'd start crying. :rolleyes:

this. nothing is more annoying than those people, especially with 'Billy' and his 'omgz hotness <33'. whores.

being emotional is perfectly normal. screaming as if youre enduring an intense orgasm while trying to touch them is ridiculous.

then again, ive ran into them a bit and talked to mike like if it was no big deal. i just laugh at myself when i think back to the first time i met them :dance:

Dude, I know the feeling. I look back on my first time meeting them, Billie specifically, I'm like "Wow, Fallyn. Really should have used your words better. Breathing is good."

But I do still get ridiculously nervous. I've just learned to act like I'm playing it cool. :whistle

Haha oh no!! It freaked me out that i'd had poster of him on my walls for years and grew up listening to his music.. and suddenly he was looking into my eyes and talking to me. AHH. I squeezed him so hard, but I was in shock.. pure shock, I did so badly haha.

This is why I keep getting so giddy! I'll watch a video or listen to a song and realise that the same guy I've been idolising for all this time called me up on stage and everything. GAH.

I'd probably be kind of nervous and freeze up a bit, but not enough to keep me from talking to them. I would kill for the opportunity to tell them that I appreciate their music, loved American Idiot on Broadway, etc. =D and I think I would rather have a hug than an autograph, but I would make an effort to get both. ;D

Meeting Billie Joe on stage was so much easier than meeting him on the street.

I couldn't do the stage thing - but on the street they were relaxed and unhurried. I got 15 minutes of quality conversation, and they were delightful. The hugs from Billie and Mike were pretty special, too.

They say you should never meet your heroes, but my respect for these guys increased tenfold after my little encounter.

I couldn't do the stage thing - but on the street they were relaxed and unhurried. I got 15 minutes of quality conversation, and they were delightful. The hugs from Billie and Mike were pretty special, too.

They say you should never meet your heroes, but my respect for these guys increased tenfold after my little encounter.

:o My jealousy right now....through the roof.

I'm kind of curious about your little encounter though. Hahaha. How did you meet them?

See, the thing is, if I saw one of them just randomly out and about I'm not sure if I'd even dare go up to them. I'd just feel like I was invading their privacy or something. I'd probably live to regret it for the rest of my life though. Not that I'm actually likely to just bump into them though :lol:

Haha thanks guys. I don't think it's 100% hit me yet. I saw a music video of theirs on TV today and I was like, "damn, I met that guy". lol

And to answer the blonde question, he is blonde, but it's growing out. One of the reasons I didn't recognize him....it was curly and the blonde was growing out with the dark brown roots, so it just didn't really look like him at first. lol

^Waaaa blond curly and growing out? When was this?!

I think that if I even mustered up the courage to walk up to them, may I ever see them, I'd probably start blabbering like a total retard and be all like "HI I LOVE YOUR BAND like you probably hear every day a billion times but THANK YOU SO MUCH you probably hear that all the time too and sorry for completely invading your privacy and all and I'll just go away, sorry" or something and then walk away. And then go cry in a corner. If I'd be able to squeeze anything out at all.

Hhhmm, that's actually quite interesting! I guess it depends on circumstances as well, I mean, when I saw him on the street he was walking along with Joey and (possibly Frank?) so I didn't really want to intrude on him. Saying hello was more than enough for me :wub:

Awwh, those hugs even sound special!! :happy:

I remember that day when you so calmly posted that photo of Billie Joe on the IC and I was like "WTF??!" :lol:

For me, meeting them on stage and singing with them felt like the most natural thing in the world. Gaaaah, would do anything to relive that moment <3

I was shaking uncontrollably and made an ass out of myself.

:o My jealousy right now....through the roof.

I'm kind of curious about your little encounter though. Hahaha. How did you meet them?

My friend Ross's girlfriend spotted their equipment being unloaded as she walked to work in Maida Vale, London. Ross rang me and told me to get my arse up to the BBC studios NOW and I did - throwing some money at my daughter for petrol so that she could pick up my son from school. we waited on the pavement for about half an hour and then they guys came out - Jason F first - and Billie walked straight over to me, Mike straight to Ross. They'd recorded a radio show that was to be broadcast on my 50th birthday, May 20th - Zane Lowe actually gave me a name check before the show was broadcast. They had flown in from SF on Sunday 3rd, spent Monday 4th in Abbey Road, that night went drinking with Larry Livermore until 3.00 am for Mike's birthday celebrations, then been in MV all morning, and were due to fly out to Germany that evening for one of the small intimate warm up gigs, and STILL they took time to talk to us. After a good ten minutes' chat, Billie asked my name and then felt that he had to introduce himself. So modest.

We talked about the new album (I'd heard the leak and Billie was surprised to learn of that), my t- shirt (I'm Network obsessed and I wore a tee with "I Fink therefore I am" on it, the tour and the anchor necklace I wear. My dad was in the navy and I lost him six, nearly seven years ago, and the first song I heard on the first anniversary of his death was Wake Me Up When September Ends. It killed me. I cried for ages, and I still well up when I hear it - the sadness of that song hits home every time since. I told this to Billie and he extended his hand - I thought to shake mine - but he said, oh no, that calls for a hug. It was a really sincere gesture, tight and comforting, and I only let him go (!) when Mike tapped him on the shoulder and said, share the love, i want a hug too. How could I say no?

So, you see what I mean - gentle, caring, thoughtful and kind men. Polite as hell despite their 'bratty' image, and my absolute all time heroes.

My friend Ross's girlfriend spotted their equipment being unloaded as she walked to work in Maida Vale, London. Ross rang me and told me to get my arse up to the BBC studios NOW and I did - throwing some money at my daughter for petrol so that she could pick up my son from school. we waited on the pavement for about half an hour and then they guys came out - Jason F first - and Billie walked straight over to me, Mike straight to Ross. They'd recorded a radio show that was to be broadcast on my 50th birthday, May 20th - Zane Lowe actually gave me a name check before the show was broadcast. They had flown in from SF on Sunday 3rd, spent Monday 4th in Abbey Road, that night went drinking with Larry Livermore until 3.00 am for Mike's birthday celebrations, then been in MV all morning, and were due to fly out to Germany that evening for one of the small intimate warm up gigs, and STILL they took time to talk to us. After a good ten minutes' chat, Billie asked my name and then felt that he had to introduce himself. So modest.

We talked about the new album (I'd heard the leak and Billie was surprised to learn of that), my t- shirt (I'm Network obsessed and I wore a tee with "I Fink therefore I am" on it, the tour and the anchor necklace I wear. My dad was in the navy and I lost him six, nearly seven years ago, and the first song I heard on the first anniversary of his death was Wake Me Up When September Ends. It killed me. I cried for ages, and I still well up when I hear it - the sadness of that song hits home every time since. I told this to Billie and he extended his hand - I thought to shake mine - but he said, oh no, that calls for a hug. It was a really sincere gesture, tight and comforting, and I only let him go (!) when Mike tapped him on the shoulder and said, share the love, i want a hug too. How could I say no?

So, you see what I mean - gentle, caring, thoughtful and kind men. Polite as hell despite their 'bratty' image, and my absolute all time heroes.

OMG, best story ever! Seriously jealous, but that must of been such an amazing experience. :wub:

first...i'd freeze. then i'd probably go to them and ask for autograph... :happy: and when they walked away... i'd be like this : :woot::dance::runaround:

Aw, that is such an amazing story! :wub:

Just curious...what did you say when he introduced himself?

Sweetest thing ever! I'm very sorry about your father.

This should go on the podcast....send this to Andres or I will. =P

When I met them? Uh.. I don't know..

When I just think about that I'm getting all nervous xD

But I'm not a screamer at all, so I wouldn't scream. I'd probably started to shake and sweat and talk like a retard, and then take a picture and get the hell out of there before I make a fool of myself :P

Aw, that is such an amazing story! :wub:

Just curious...what did you say when he introduced himself?

I think I replied 'I know ....' I didn't like to add that I could probably make a guess at what colour underwear he was wearing!

Archived