Stop Drop & Roll release on April 8th

Fuzz

what does pm mean?

i have only rudimentary skills when it comes to this stuff lol!

private message

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could anyone possibly pm me the links as I have searched everywhere unsuccessfully over the past few hours.

Whoa wait! So its not out in stores yet? or will it even be in stores at all ...?

Not sure if it'll be in stores. Haven't heard of any distribution deals.

But, i know a couple people were able to find the vinyl in their local record stores - so who knows.

But, i know a couple people were able to find the vinyl in their local record stores - so who knows.

darn the only way i'm ever gonna be able to get it by the time (if any time) they go on tour! they better release a true CD album in stores or i will drop dead. *argh*

Is there going to be a release of an actual cd on amazon or just a download? I'm so confused.

I finally got to listening the songs, and there are really catchy. I don't know if i'll have to time to buy it, but it is good stuff. I wonder if the new GD album this year will have sound like this.

The Vinyl as in Mother Mary?

Is there going to be a release of an actual cd on amazon or just a download? I'm so confused.

there will be an actual Cd, which comes on April 29th. Here's a link.

The Vinyl as in Mother Mary?

yeah.

I knew that I was just testing :shifty:. I hope the album get's released on vinyl

links to which?

either way im just going to be annoying by being the 3rd person to ask for a link haha!

Ugh amazon changed the cd release date apparently to May 13, 2008.

Ugh amazon changed the cd release date apparently to May 13, 2008.

are you kidding me???

at least something is rumored to happen april 28th (or 29th...im not to sure which anymore)

It was set for the 29th, but Amazon did push the date back. Bastards.

I'm sure Amazon would release it as soon as they could.

amen.

so now what? haha. idk im bored in class so waddia wanna talk about now?

oh that's right! i was sending out this post on Y!A and im trying to get a good headcount of all the green day fans/contacts that are actually on GDA. because i find myself repeating "go on GDA if you want any more details" at the end of my answers....

so basically i'm asking: "is anybody here on Y!Answers?"

The video is not ready yet - so they have to push back the relaese date :devil:

"It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him."

-- Abraham Lincoln, chiding the editor of a Springfield, Illinois, newspaper, quoted from Antony Flew, How to Think Straight, p. 17

do you think the cd will be released in like Best Buy or something?

I'd rather not order online for the sake of opening up the packaging and finding a cracked cd case with the cd half out of it.

--

Still, i really doubt you'd have any problems getting the CD unless your mailman is notorious for running over packages.

hey who wants to read what i just wrote in class?! we have to type up a summary of something we read.... so what do you think i did when i drew a blank? :shifty:

well, even if you dont want to read it, here it is. please do not kill me if i screwed up information:

Article 1:

Green Day announces they are The Foxboro Hot Tubs.

Source: GDA

Date: (to fans….December 2007. to MTV, 4/9/08)

On the night of April 9th, MTV had received an unexpected letter from east bay’s punk band Green Day confessing that they are, in fact, the band The Foxboro Hot Tubs.

This 60’s- inspired punk band first appeared in late December 2007. Since then, they have been promoted through their myspace, the radio, and word-of mouth. Upon releasing their first single “Mother Mary”, their popularity skyrocketed and has caused quite a commotion amongst Green Day fans worldwide.

But they were not surprised about the confession Wednesday. The un-forgettable voice of Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong was all-too clear to dismiss as a coincidence. And plus, the rag-tag musicians from the Bay Area have pulled this stunt before when they formed a side project The Network ( a techno/new wave inspired band who wore masks to hide their identity) in 2003.

Why is this good news? Because shortly after The Network released their first (and only) album, the boys soon popped out American Idiot, and after 3 years of waiting, fans hope the new long-awaited album will soon arrive.

It was also said that they were considering a tour…maybe…which, at the moment, is leaving Green Day fans scratching their heads and itching in their seats. The Foxboro Hot Tub’s release of their album “Stop Drop & Roll” has been given many release dates, and Amazon has been changing it back and fourth for the past few weeks. Fortunately the songs can (sometimes) be found online.

It is safe to say that Green Day is officially making another comeback…soon to be featured in the movie “Heart Like a Hand Grenade”- a documentary about the band writing and recording their last album, along with releases of FHT and supposedly their own band.

This year will be one to remember!

Archived