Stop Drop & Roll release on April 8th

Fuzz

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were the rhapsody downloads free?

You can listen for free (up to 25 listens a month) or d/l for 99 cents a song, but downloading them is a major pain in the ass. You have to d/l and install the software, which takes an hour, and then then files are .rax, which only work in Real Player and it's not an easy format to convert. I posted an explanation here: http://nothingwrongwithme.com

Were the rhapsody downloads free?

no you just listen to them for free for like 20 times or something

You can listen for free (up to 25 listens a month) or d/l for 99 cents a song, but downloading them is a major pain in the ass. You have to d/l and install the software, which takes an hour, and then then files are .rax, which only work in Real Player and it's not an easy format to convert. I posted an explanation here: http://nothingwrongwithme.com

damn you beet me to it lol

no you just listen to them for free for like 20 times or something

damn you beet me to it lol

Probably a "n00b (is that how it's spelled?)" suggestion, but can anybody who has the downloads upload them to YouTube? If that's even possible...

Could some kind person please put the songs on Youtube? Then all the unfortunate people outside the US could hear them.

Could some kind person please put the songs on Youtube? Then all the unfortunate people outside the US could hear them.

if i could make an account i would then upload them to youtube but my parrents will not let me make a rhapsody account :(

I'd prefer we didn't bring this forum into sharing music illegally.

If someone has the songs and is willing to send them to you via PM or something, then work it out that way. I'd prefer we not post or share these songs through threads though.

If someone has the songs and is willing to send them to you via PM or something, then work it out that way. I'd prefer we not post or share these songs through threads though.

My bad Andres. I saw someone mention earlier that YouTube streaming was different. I'm an amateur to the cyber world. Sorry about that.

sorry master

*bows to amazing master*

*bows to amazing master*

*bows to amazing master*

*bows to amazing master*

*bows to amazing master*

*bows to amazing master*

*bows to amazing andres*

*bows to amazing webmaster*

eh, no problem. it's unlikely we'd get in trouble, but i'd prefer we not chance it, especially while tons of people would be looking to rip the songs off. i have no problem sharing if i knew the people were actually gonna go out and buy the album still. but yeah, still would rather we not do that stuff through here.

yeah, just do it the sneaky way. ;)

oh fuck off!

lets just state it. whether green day fans (punk as they think they are) like it or not ..... this site.... and the idiot club... is bound by rules!

if you want illegal downloads.... fuck off and do it where that shit wont bother the people trying to run a decent legal site!

I am going to buy the album on amazon if it ever goes on amazon

this will be on most sites soon enough. there must have been some stuff up though. not band related for once.

put it this way, I wouldnt like to try and co-ordinate the publicity stunts for anybody... never mind this kind of shit.

oh yeah....got an album you want to release....just set a date!

then the record company says they cant get the cd`s out in time/in other formats out in time..... the media is obsessed with some dumb assed blonde and are ignoring calls.... the photogapher has just gone into rehab...

Y'know Netty, I am sure a lot of people here would be downloading and buying the songs legally if people outside the US could get them, or if they could afford it, or if they werew old enough. But things aren't always that simple. I totally agree with what you are saying. I myself will be buying the album as soon as it is made available to me. But for now I am gonna listen to the songs that someone was kind enough to send me.

The songs will be out soon enough on Amazon. I know i didn't wanna go through the trouble of Rhapsody.

I have a Creative Zen Vision, and Creative uses Rhapsody, so I have Rhapsody. To tell you the truth, I've been very happy with it. I don't remember it being too much of a pain downloading the program, but I don't have a great memory. :lol:

I love the free listens, too. I tend to listen to one song over and over when I really like it (yes, I'm a three-year-old), but if you catch the little slidey thing on the player right before the song ends and slide it back to the beginning, it doesn't count as one listen. It only counts if the song totally ends.

I'm such a dork.

Y'know Netty, I am sure a lot of people here would be downloading and buying the songs legally if people outside the US could get them, or if they could afford it, or if they werew old enough. But things aren't always that simple. I totally agree with what you are saying. I myself will be buying the album as soon as it is made available to me. But for now I am gonna listen to the songs that someone was kind enough to send me.

^ Yeah I totally agree. I don't see a problem with downloading the songs for free so long as you intend on paying for them as soon as it is possible to you. I won't be paying to download it because it is too much hassle/not really possible when you don't have a credit card, so i'll be buying the CD.

i agree..

I live in winnipeg, canada which is 45 minutues from the US.. and i STILL don't get the songs. i'm gonna buy the album once it comes out for sure, but i wanna hear the songs now! cause i'm a real fan damnit! ha ha.

So if someone has the kindness to somehow share the songs privately with me, my email address is acesfull_52@hotmail.com. add me to msn!

Kindest Regards,

One sad fan

^ Yeah I totally agree. I don't see a problem with downloading the songs for free so long as you intend on paying for them as soon as it is possible to you. I won't be paying to download it because it is too much hassle/not really possible when you don't have a credit card, so i'll be buying the CD.

I just downloaded them from Rhapsody, burned a CD, then imported that. This needed to be on my iPod yesterday! Anyway.

Totally off-topic, but the pic in your sig- is that Billie Joe and Adrienne? I've never seen that much facial hair on him, dude's all grizzled!

I was starting to think he couldn't grow it...

Billie Joe's new beard is pretty hot tbh. i personally like it.

if anyone fancies adding me on msn and sending me the Foxboro Hot Tubs songs then i'm well up for that XD

msn: over-spin@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

It's not that I personally have a problem with people sharing music, when they intend to buy the album anyways. Unfortunately the law doesn't work on what my own beliefs are.

I'm not sure the law works on anyone's beliefs. but i want those songs and they're not even making them available to the masses, which is a crime against humanity!

go on, send them, i promise i wont listen to them......honest to DOG. lmao

Archived