The latest Green Day item you bought

Mato

On 11/28/2020 at 6:53 PM, That Dude said:

I went to my local record shop tonight, mostly in anger over not getting my No Fun Mondays yet.    But I decided I'd wait, even though they had both blue and black versions, and the cd version as well.   I was happy to see the cd wasn't a digipak.   

I just started collectiong vinyl again, and I wanted to get something I hadn't heard before, but that had some kind of meaning for me.   I flipped through the records (oh it's so therapeutic!)   and after my fourth go around, I decided to spend my money on Duct Tape Soup LP by Crimpshrine.   I've heard Billie talk about them many times, but I've never listened to much by them.   I looked up it up and they had it a couple bucks cheaper than the average, so I snatched it up.   

There was another Crimpshrine album I was eyeballing, as well as a Lookout compilation from 2017.    But Duct Tape Soup just kept talking to me.   How do record talk without a needle on them?     Creepy.  

Anyway, I'm really happy with the purchase.   There is a Cometbus zine/comic inside, which is worth 18 bucks on it's own.    and the music doesn't sound half bad either! 

I shot my unboxing video for it, which is going to be part of my upcoming show about Green Day.   woo hoo!  

I love Crimpshrine. Very good choice! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Todd said:

I love Crimpshrine. Very good choice! 

Duct Tape Soup is so awesome, I am definitely going to check out the rest of their work.  

Also, there are Sweet Children references and tour posters all through the zine, and some dialogue in the comic strips that are extremely close to some of the stuff in the deluxe American Idiot book. 

Cross polinating punk. I like it.

• Like 2

Recently added the brown Barnes & Noble Dookie and the silver American Idiot vinyls to my collection plus the FBHT lime green vinyl reissue and the new yellow Nimrod 2020 re-release. Luckily managed to get hold of all of them in the UK to avoid customs duty

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on a Dookie Drive Pedal. Couldn't be happier with it, any Green Day fans who play guitar need to get one!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Another ¡DOS! :P because I couldn't stand having the censored version with Fuck Time being such a harmless song compared to others... I already have it from the box set, but I don't listen to those, they're part of a small yet untouchable collection :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sara's signed photo of Tre for Gilman Street's benefit! It was crazy to find It on IG and buy It Just a 30" later. So excited!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My Network shirt finally came!  Now I just have to go out to the suburbs to pick it up. :lol:

LN6lx43.jpg

• Like 4
  • Surprised 1

8 minutes ago, Montclare said:

My Network shirt finally came!  Now I just have to go out to the suburbs to pick it up. :lol:

LN6lx43.jpg

I ordered the same one! I hope this means mine is coming soon!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

LN6lx43.jpg

I noticed my old one like this is slightly different. It says Church of Lushtology on the front and More booze less guilt on the back! I've tried to upload the pics a couple of times but can't get them to work from my phone.

• Like 1

God dammit now I want a shirt! I wasn't going to get one, but seeing these makes me really want one now! :pinch:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm obsessed with The Network full-sleeve I got with the band on it? And I'm super excited about getting the latest vinyl from The Network. I really wish they would re-release their first album. 

36 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Friend made this for my birthday.

zqKYil3.jpg

Nice one. Happy birthday 🎂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Nice one. Happy birthday 🎂 

Thank you! ❤️

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Friend made this for my birthday.

zqKYil3.jpg

Hey happy birthday :) Enjoy your weekend!

• Thanks 1