Did Green Day sell out?

Fuzz

green day didn't sell out, look, no ofense, but that shitty mother fucker should stop talking bull shit. :banana: :bomb_ie: :starwars:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

green day didn't sell out, look, no ofense, but that shitty mother fucker should stop talking bull shit. :banana: :bomb_ie: :starwars:

no offense but u should go blow goats

[i was saying, why does it matter that the album carries a storyline?

Because that clearly shows me that it was written from the heart, (like every other album they have done) and not just for someone else.

Green Day rocks. I mean, whatever those dumb-fucks say about Green Day "selling out" and shit like that.

There's no denying that they still kick major ass. They play for themselves, and even though they want to be the biggest rock band in the world, well, hell. What band DOESN'T? It's just something they want to achieve. I think they've made it past the Best Punk Rock Band in the UNIVERSE. Why not go for something harder, and more out of reach?

ahh im gonna post again, i cant resist.

green day is amazing, and had the catchiest songs ever, and are pretty poppy, and apperently are good looking. huge mainstream sucess was enevitable. i dont blame AI for them selling out, i think what they did after they made the album was selling out. Kids bop really did it for me.

ahh im gonna post again, i cant resist.

green day is amazing, and had the catchiest songs ever, and are pretty poppy, and apperently are good looking. huge mainstream sucess was enevitable. i dont blame AI for them selling out, i think what they did after they made the album was selling out. Kids bop really did it for me.

amen

Green Day rocks. I mean, whatever those dumb-fucks say about Green Day "selling out" and shit like that.

There's no denying that they still kick major ass. They play for themselves, and even though they want to be the biggest rock band in the world, well, hell. What band DOESN'T? It's just something they want to achieve. I think they've made it past the Best Punk Rock Band in the UNIVERSE. Why not go for something harder, and more out of reach?

you obviously havent thought it through as much as some of us have. maybe weve over-analyzed it all, who knows.

the whole 'doing it for themselves' thing is wut pisses me off. its bullshit. they clearly dont do it for themselves. back in the older days they jus made wut they thought was fun. now they gotta make something family friendly. u think that back in '94 billie was thinking "gee, i sure hope we get a song covered by a bunch of kids on a child's cd"

absolutely not. they realized they were going down the shitter and this was their only escape

you know, this is kinda strange after hours of discussion, but you just made me think....maybe were all overanalyzing this a little. maybe this werid stupid kid is right. after all, theyre just band that we dont know at all personally.

the whole 'doing it for themselves' thing is wut pisses me off. its bullshit. they clearly dont do it for themselves. back in the older days they jus made wut they thought was fun. now they gotta make something family friendly. u think that back in '94 billie was thinking "gee, i sure hope we get a song covered by a bunch of kids on a child's cd"

absolutely not. they realized they were going down the shitter and this was their only escape

very true.

you obviously havent thought it through as much as some of us have. maybe weve over-analyzed it all, who knows.

Thought what through? xD I'm just totally sleepy, man. I haven't gotten all opinionated cuz most of you sounded off what I thought, anyways. So why even reword it?

Family friendly? AI is not family friendly unless you hear it on the radio. I dont want my youngest listening to it. (She prays for GD to stop cussing every night at bedtime)

By the way, mind you.

The only reason why they even put a song of Green Day's(Wake Me Up) on Kids Bop is because that's like the only "popular" song that didn't have a cuss-word like all the rest ddi.

And they obviously haven't heard Kerplunk, where the only word that's naughty is in the song Knowledge.

its not really AI that made them sell out. its the aftermath. Adeline clothing, the fact that 90% of hot topic is green day, they will now be remembered for boulevard of broken dreams

Family friendly? AI is not family friendly unless you hear it on the radio. I dont want my youngest listening to it. (She prays for GD to stop cussing every night at bedtime)

Not to be rude, but why would she pray for them to stop cussing? =/

its not really AI that made them sell out. its the aftermath. Adeline clothing, the fact that 90% of hot topic is green day, they will now be remembered for boulevard of broken dreams

I dont get your logic, because before (AI) that they would be remembered for good riddance and before that they would be remembered for Basketcase?

By the way, mind you.

The only reason why they even put a song of Green Day's(Wake Me Up) on Kids Bop is because that's like the only "popular" song that didn't have a cuss-word like all the rest ddi.

And they obviously haven't heard Kerplunk, where the only word that's naughty is in the song Knowledge.

the cussing argument is stupid the ramones never cussed. it doesnt really matter. cussing is really easy to fill blanks when writing. and its just stupid that they would exploit their own song liek that....this thread is going in circles.

Dude, 90% of Hot Topic is NOT Green Day, okay?

There's way more shit in there of other stuff than there is of Green Day.

And you know what? Adeline isn;t an aftermath of American Idiot. It;s just a clothing line that Billie and Adie happen to co-own.

And, as a note, it's Adeline STREET. Named after the street in Berkeley on which Lookout! Records is found on.

Not to be rude, but why would she pray for them to stop cussing? =/

because she is 7 and her siblings told her about the concert. So she took it upon herself to start praying for them as she seems to believe its wrong.

^

That's sweet.

I've got to get to bed before I get grounded, or something.

Bye everyone! xD

Dude, 90% of Hot Topic is NOT Green Day, okay?

There's way more shit in there of other stuff than there is of Green Day.

And you know what? Adeline isn;t an aftermath of American Idiot. It;s just a clothing line that Billie and Adie happen to co-own.

And, as a note, it's Adeline STREET. Named after the street in Berkeley on which Lookout! Records is found on.

dont talk to me like im a dumb fuck

i know 90% of fucking hot topic isnt green day. it was an exaggeration of how bad it is. ur prolly a regular who buys everything that they think will make em look 'punk'

and YES Adeline clothing is the aftermath of AI. i know its a goddamn street and that its Billie and Adie's record company, but it wasnt a clothing company till green day became hella mainstream. they tried cashing in by selling overpriced piece of shit clothing.

But.. you ARE a dumbfuck.

I don't actually go there regularly. Okay? I'm not trying to get any looks. I'm not trying to look 'punk', and anyways. Thats a way of LIFE, not a way of looking. Who do you think you are, Jesus? Telling me all this bullshit?

I don't have any fuckin' money either, so how can I buy stuff?

they tried cashing in by selling overpriced piece of shit clothing.

I have to ask you why you care if they make money selling overpriced clothing? If you dont like it dont buy it. Why does it make you so angry? Why do some consider that selling out when it isnt related to Green Day?

But.. you ARE a dumbfuck.

I don't actually go there regularly. Okay? I'm not trying to get any looks. I'm not trying to look 'punk', and anyways. Thats a way of LIFE, not a way of looking. Who do you think you are, Jesus? Telling me all this bullshit?

I don't have any fuckin' money either, so how can I buy stuff?

seriously, im not trying to be mean, but dont act like im retarded. i got more intelligence than u will ever have.

and i noticed u didnt mention anything about my last post about green day.....hmm i wonder who was rite

Archived