Did Green Day sell out?

Fuzz

just for once, i would like people to not look at the image, the nature of sell-out, fat or thin, colour of hair, punk-a-bility. and just enjoy the fucking music, because at the end of the day, thats what its allll about.

THANK YOU! *nods* Well said. I'm especially so sick of how people care so much about other people's looks. If it's good music, well then, that's all that should matter!

And that a musician is good-looking, as in the case of Billie Joe (and that's just my own opinion, of course), well, that's just a plus. :P

IPB Image

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion Green Day should leave Reprise/Warner and put their music out on an independant label. Reason: They have made enough money for the rest of their lives. Green Day was a lot better when they ruled themselves, kicked their management for raising the ticketprize etc... This is my opinion, but after 12 years of following them, I think I have a right to have one.

Green Day rules, but they rule a hell lot more when their not "on the top of the world."

same here ^

i mean, of course your going to sell out, if it means been the biggest band in the world.

i'd do it.

• 2 weeks later...

i wasn't talking about anything relating to electricity, so what do watts got to do with it?

zing.

yeah my jokes are worse. oh well

ok, im done you win, i just got super burnt, lol

anywau "whatever" iof course they sold out, but not purposly, it just happens

Your momma sold out!...j/k no I don't think Green Day sold out...you gotta make a living someway and they chose to do what they love....also I agree with what someone posted earlier that selling out is not making money its not staying true to yourself....

i think green day sold out.........not purposly though. it just happened.

i think you guys bitch too much.

ditto.

Bitterness=ok as long as you dont bitch24/7

They did what they thought was right. Selling out is such a stupid term anyways you do what you need to and people who preach that shit are usually bitter because they couldn't achieve the same things.

no...they stayed true to themselves and their music the whole time...no way did they sell out.

no...they stayed true to themselves and their music the whole time...no way did they sell out.

Amen

• 2 weeks later...

Ughhh....I can't stand people like that. Green Day always writes about what they feel and what they are going through. Of course, being famous and having money is something that they would want along with the joy of playing their own music, it's only human. Plus, this feller is acting like a stereo-typical "punk". It's all about being who you are, and obviously if he is sitting there trashing bands that don't ride around in a beat-up van and play in basements, he doesn't think that punk means that. Well, intellegent muther-fuckers like us need to ignore those illogical people and move along.

Define sell-out. And while you're at it, define punk rock, since we know that'll come into the question. It's all circular, since there's differing definitions of a sell-out for different types of people.

To alter a Metallica quote to suit my opinion, "Yeah, they sold out. They sold out every concert they played." :lol:

Archived