Did Green Day sell out?

Fuzz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not gonna lie, this thread is fun.

I agree. reading the last few pages is hilarious

how did this thread go from Green Day selling out to hacking photobuckets? :huh::lol:

aww suicidexmakeover, thank you :)

That guy is just some creep dont lissen to him

and you are really pretty so dont worry will can get him back!

Guest KillEmAll

Hack her?!

Hahahaha!

You made me laugh!

You just changed the adress a bit, dumbass.

I did that too, and voila, i'm in her album. that's not called hacking.

So shut the fuck up and get out of her album as I did. that's personal.

I like to say hacking because it's shorter than "using my knowledge of text URLs to break into someone's account.

Actually, bye guys.. i'll probablt be back to argue another day.

I like to say hacking because it's shorter than "using my knowledge of text URLs to break into someone's account.

Look, arguing about the topic is one thing.

Trying to piss people off by fucking with their photobuckets is another.

Just behave yourself.

Now that's stupid.

too right :)

yeap! :D

Thank god to cos that guy was really get to me!

hey you heard the man, back on track!

back to the original question: Did Green Day sell out?

I don't think they sold out i think they grew up...you can't be a bitter, angry kid forever, like some other bands are ... you have to be able to grow up and move on and find out what your priorites are. At the end of the day they're not 25 anymore, they can't act as stupid as they used to and they probably don't want to. AI was so good because it was so different and it wasn't about the same old thing...yet they still weren't giving in to what is popular.

I dont think they did.. They just tried something different. I mean yeah I miss the old green day in a way but you know they are doing what they love so they can do it how they want.

Few words. I don't care if they did, and i don't care if they didn't. It doesn't matter to me.

I don't think they sold out i think they grew up...you can't be a bitter, angry kid forever, like some other bands are ... you have to be able to grow up and move on and find out what your priorites are. At the end of the day they're not 25 anymore, they can't act as stupid as they used to and they probably don't want to. AI was so good because it was so different and it wasn't about the same old thing...yet they still weren't giving in to what is popular.

green day never made bitter, angry kid music. if anything, american idiot appeals more to that demographic than their previous albums. also, saying green day weren't "giving in to what was popular" is laughable. did warning sounds like anything else that was out there at the time? no, and it sold relatively poorly. then, pop-punk makes a resurgence in the mainstream and lo and behold, we're given american idiot.

i love green day, i always have loved green day, but in a way, to me, they did kinda sell-out. they're doing what other popular bands are doing, they're wearing eyeliner and coordinated clothes... they're just like all those other bands out there now. the eyeliner is like a trend and now green day is following it and they don't seem like they're thinking for themselves anymore... the only thing "real" about them is their music, that's it anymore, besides for me, that's all it's really about

If Green Day hadn't signed to a major label, would you have ever heard of them? And I'm sure this goes out to a lot of Green Day "fans", if they hadn't made American Idiot would you have ever heard of them?

If Green Day hadn't signed to a major label, would you have ever heard of them? And I'm sure this goes out to a lot of Green Day "fans", if they hadn't made American Idiot would you have ever heard of them?

I don't think the arguement is about them selling out just because they moved to a major label over ten years ago. I really don't see how you can pretend something like having Green Day underwear is about the music and not just to make money. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that the ethics they believed in and from where they came from said it's all about the music. That you're doing what you love and if you make a profit, then that's great, but the music is the most important part of it all. Once again, I could be wrong, but they probably believed in stuff such as all kids should be able to get out and see them at live shows. Well I don't know many kids that just have an extra fourty dollars of cash lying around that they can spend to see Green Day live. Then again, there's probably an arguement for that saying that they've matured past their punk ethics or something and that as long as they're able to get people to pay that much, why shouldn't they do it?

is this topic really all that important.

i mean ..34 pages? come on..

people have different opinions and some people need to respect that.

to be honest i don't think it matters. i don't listen to green day because i think they have sold out or not. i like their music. thats all there is to it. if the want to go ahead and sell green day shoes, pants etc i don't care. music is what matters to me.

Archived