Did Green Day sell out?

Fuzz

Could one of you "OMGZ Green Day did sooooooo not sell-out" people justify the Idiot Club, please?

no one needs to justify anything.......they do what they want its their lives and their music

if they want to make money off of it then more fucking power to them

shit get over the sellout shit......u must like these sell outs if ur on this forum

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"QUOTE(DeathOrGlory @ Apr 4 2006, 07:09 PM) *

Could one of you "OMGZ Green Day did sooooooo not sell-out" people justify the Idiot Club, please?

no one needs to justify anything.......they do what they want its their lives and their music

if they want to make money off of it then more fucking power to them

shit get over the sellout shit......u must like these sell outs if ur on this forum"

i agree...

On the timetalks interview with BJA, he said the people who think they are sell-outs definatly have their point... and that the dolls were just a fun thing to do, and the ringtones were to keep up with the milenium...

and the idiot club... idk... i dont think u should have to pay $20 to get in either, but from what ive heard its worth it...

Guest KillEmAll

The answer to that question is HELL YES they sold out, their music is so simple you could even teach a hamster to play it! And despite that Billie Joe dosen't have enough talent to play the guitar on his own album, it was Jaso White on American Idiot. If they were a real punk band which htey never have and never will be they wouldn't make MTV music videos, they wouldn't dress in make up and try to gather a fanbase of every scene kid, prepubecent girl (z0mg biilie j0e iz teh hawtz0rz), and sap in america, and they wouldn't write sappy songs like wake me up when september ends, the music you guys are listining isn't classified as punk it's classified as shit, shit and more shit.

The answer to that question is HELL YES they sold out, their music is so simple you could even teach a hamster to play it! And despite that Billie Joe dosen't have enough talent to play the guitar on his own album, it was Jaso White on American Idiot. If they were a real punk band which htey never have and never will be they wouldn't make MTV music videos, they wouldn't dress in make up and try to gather a fanbase of every scene kid, prepubecent girl (z0mg biilie j0e iz teh hawtz0rz), and sap in america, and they wouldn't write sappy songs like wake me up when september ends, the music you guys are listining isn't classified as punk it's classified as shit, shit and more shit.

OK, if you hate them so much, why did you go to all the trouble to sign up to a GREEN DAY FORUM???

:dry: freak

Just because it isn't punk doesn't mean it's shit you ignorant twat. Green day make videos for the music, and it happened that they made a very public, political album, which means it got alot of attention; how the hell is that a bad thing? And why is it wrong to have a fan base? I guess you think 'real punk' bands should only have 5 fans and never play to a crowd bigger than 20. Well then fair enough. that's your opinion, but don't slate a band that have made it, who are successful and who are fucking good ay what they do.

Brainwashed? Do you know how pathetic you sound? And you are 22? I'd expect this sort of thing from a 10 year old, and that's insulting 10 year olds. I like Green day because they are good at what they do, they play there intruments well, they sing well, and together all three of them make one of the biggest bands in the world. If you can't see that, okay but fuck off from a board dedicated to them because no one wants you here.

I see they've already brainwashed you. Why is what I said pure bullshit?

If you're going to say anything, make sure it makes sense

Whats your problem you dont have to like Green Day!!!

And I can tell you now you ant going to get people to change there

mind about what band they like and the muic they lissen to!

So all I can say is GO FUCK YA SELF!!!

How can u lable a band "punk" if half the world cant define "punk"

Well if their music is shit than get out of the fucking forum.........theres no point in joing a forum for a band that u think sounds like SHIT!!!

Guest KillEmAll

Brainwashed? Do you know how pathetic you sound? And you are 22? I'd expect this sort of thing from a 10 year old, and that's insulting 10 year olds. I like Green day because they are good at what they do, they play there intruments well, they sing well, and together all three of them make one of the biggest bands in the world. If you can't see that, okay but fuck off from a board dedicated to them because no one wants you here.

*rolls eyes* if they sing and play well how come jason white has to play guitar for billie joe? Why dose his voice need to be edited like a popstars? The playing isn't good, all you're hearing is the poppy melodies.

Could one of the "OMGZ Green Day did sooooooo not sell-out" people justify the Idiot Club, please?

Yeah, i've never heard of a band that makes you pay to be in their fanclub, sellouts...

Selling out has nothing to do with how simple or otherwise a band's music is. I can't say for sure that Billie played on AI, but I can say that you're talking shit, because there's no way for you to have a clue as to whether he did or not. Do you think you'd have heard of Green Day if theyr'e videos weren't played on MTV, radio etc. If a band wants people to hear their music and wants to have fans outside of the 'I only listen to bands that no one's heard of' idiots they let their music be publicised. Every single band does this, even the 'real punk' bands who I imagine you like. I agree about the make-up. It's annoying and unnecesary, but it in no way affects the music, or how 'punk' they are. As for your fucking stupid remark about Green Day's fanbase, what do you expect them to do? Do you want them to go and talk to the 'scene kids, pre-pubescent girls and saps' and say 'You can't be a Green Day fan'? Don't be fucking stupid. Green Day have written songs that are deemed to be 'sappy' long before American Idiot, before Dookie even. I couldn't give less of a fuck whether a band I listen to is punk or not, I care about the actual music as opposed to how cool it will or won't make me look, and whether it's punk or not.

*rolls eyes* if they sing and play well how come jason white has to play guitar for billie joe? Why dose his voice need to be edited like a popstars? The playing isn't good, all you're hearing is the poppy melodies.

jw plays guitar because billie works the crowd.....wait i dont need to explain this shit to u

Guest KillEmAll

Whats your problem you dont have to like Green Day!!!

And I can tell you now you ant going to get people to change there

mind about what band they like and the muic they lissen to!

So all I can say is GO FUCK YA SELF!!!

You know what? I used to like Green Day along time ago. I stoped liking them because their music starting majorly blowing and I found better music. And I have gotten people to change before.

Guest KillEmAll

jw plays guitar because billie works the crowd.....wait i dont need to explain this shit to u

So, why don't bands like Megadeth need someone to work the crowd?

^ so what made u join a forum for green day......what u just wanted to hate on them?

I thought that aswell :blink:

Guest KillEmAll

^ so what made u join a forum for green day......what u just wanted to hate on them?

Yes, why not?

You know what? I used to like Green Day along time ago. I stoped liking them because their music starting majorly blowing and I found better music. And I have gotten people to change before.

Ok Mr Smarty Pants!!

I dont care that you used to like Green Day but you dont need to come on to there forum and

bagg them out ok soo you might not like them woppty dooo and I can tell you now you wont be able to

get us to change our mides of who we lissen to ok!! NO FUCK OFF!!!

You have no proof to say whether billie joe or jason white plays. Stop trying to come up with evidence against them when it's based on your opinions only. It doesn't make you sound good it just makes you look like an idiot. The playing is good. And so what if i am hearing 'poppy melodies'? I don't care. I love Green Day for the music not which category people like you put them in. And I'm guessing that goes for everyone on here and when you realise that you will see that you should leave now. :)

Yes, why not?

this forum is not for people to hate green day, i understand that you have your own opinions, but you can't really start posting in a green day forum and expect people to agree with you.

Guest KillEmAll

If you guys are really green day fans you should enjoy debating weather their music is good or not, you think I might be right so you tell be to leave.

You have no proof to say whether billie joe or jason white plays. Stop trying to come up with evidence against them when it's based on your opinions only. It doesn't make you sound good it just makes you look like an idiot. The playing is good. And so what if i am hearing 'poppy melodies'? I don't care. I love Green Day for the music not which category people like you put them in. And I'm guessing that goes for everyone on here and when you realise that you will see that you should leave now. :)

I'm not making this stuff up and even if billie joe dose play I have friends who have only played guitar for two years and can play the entire american Idiot album, the guitaring is impossibly easy.

We enjoy talking about Green Day with people who have more than a couple of braincells, who have opinions that don't sound like they are coming from a 2 year old. Unfortunatley you fit into neither of those categories.

Archived