My letter to Green Day

MusicalDeviant

I did that

"By keeping, you basically acknowledge my existance and my devotion, and that's all I really want from all of this".

Thats sounds really needy. I meant more along the lines of: I'm giving you this mask because _insert similie of fandom_ and your music has _insert self actualization_ for me. I know it's just a mask, but I really just wanted to show my appriciation for your _adjective_ music. I hope that this mask serves as a reminder of how much your music has _(done, meant, changed, saved_ me and how much your devoted fanbase of millions adores you all.

Feel free to take all of that. I doubt I'll ever write a fan letter.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats sounds really needy. I meant more along the lines of: I'm giving you this mask because _insert similie of fandom_ and your music has _insert self actualization_ for me. I know it's just a mask, but I really just wanted to show my appriciation for your _adjective_ music. I hope that this mask serves as a reminder of how much your music has _(done, meant, changed, saved_ me and how much your devoted fanbase of millions adores you all.

Oh....gottcha ;) Hey, I'm gonna be honest here, I am needy. I'm literally going insane because I haven't met them yet and its been seven years, and I've missed a really big chance to meet them and i'm losing hope.

Oh....gottcha ;) Hey, I'm gonna be honest here, I am needy. I'm literally going insane because I haven't met them yet and its been seven years, and I've missed a really big chance to meet them and i'm losing hope.

Okay. Well needyness is usually frowned upon and won't get you very far with friends or women.

Okay. Well needyness is usually frowned upon and won't get you very far with friends or women.

I don't want to get far with women..... ;)

I don't want to get far with women..... ;)

I didn't mean sexually. I meant dating. And if your celibant thats totally your thing.

Post the letter when you finish. Or at least update it.

I didn't mean sexually. I meant dating. And if your celibant thats totally your thing.

Post the letter when you finish. Or at least update it.

wow, I thought I had made that as obvious as possible ...... (*point to myself*) gay...gaygaygay.

all I want is to meet my idols/gods, and that's green day damnit. Iwill meet them, even if I have to throw this fucking mask at Billie Joe's fucking head to do so.

Bad attention is better than none.

wow, I thought I had made that as obvious as possible ...... (*point to myself*) gay...gaygaygay.

all I want is to meet my idols/gods, and that's green day damnit. Iwill meet them, even if I have to throw this fucking mask at Billie Joe's fucking head to do so.

Bad attention is better than none.

Ohhhh! It wasn't obvious. You're doing a bad job. :) Or I'm a ditz. It's a tossup.

And I what I was trying to convey is most people don't want to be in a relationship with someone who is excessively needy.

Secruity will probably beat your ass if you throw something at billie joe, and if you're that deadset on meeting them you probably will, but keep in mind declaring it and announcing it as your lifes mission that will make you complete (Not your exact words, lets not do semantics) can come off kinda weird.

:lol: you're funny. id put that in my sig, but i dont know if youd like it

Ohhhh! It wasn't obvious. You're doing a bad job. :) Or I'm a ditz. It's a tossup.

And I what I was trying to convey is most people don't want to be in a relationship with someone who is excessively needy.

Secruity will probably beat your ass if you throw something at billie joe, and if you're that deadset on meeting them you probably will, but keep in mind declaring it and announcing it as your lifes mission that will make you complete (Not your exact words, lets not do semantics) can come kinda weird.

I really hate telling the whole story again, but if you knew my past, you'd be equally as insane about meeting green day.....I've served my time with injustice....i deserve to meet them.

I really hate telling the whole story again, but if you knew my past, you'd be equally as insane about meeting green day.....I've served my time with injustice....i deserve to meet them.

I'm not inferring you don't and I don't know much about you (when I say much I mean almost nothing) and I certainly hope your dream is actualized, but it can get weird when someone proffesses such extreme feelings; and thats why I'm advising you not to although you can do whatever the hell you want. :)

I'm not inferring you don't and I don't know much about you (when I say much I mean almost nothing) and I certainly hope your dream is actualized, but it can get weird when someone proffesses such extreme feelings; and thats why I'm advising you not to although you can do whatever the hell you want. :)

I could forego the note entirely, and instead while Mike walks away with the mask, I'd pinch his ass...that'd make him remember me.

I know, its a great plan. :rolleyes:

I could forego the note entirely, and instead while Mike walks away with the mask, I'd pinch his ass...that'd make him remember me.

I know, its a great plan. :rolleyes:

That could work. Whether he gives you five across the eyes or a hug remains to be seen. Although the note may be a slightly more sound plan if the arm to ass ratio fails you.

Dear Green Day,

Billie, stop wearing fucking lipstick. Tre, put your hair down or lose weight. Mike....no you're okay. WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT MAKE A LETTERBOMB VIDEO?! You have failed us

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

That could work. Whether he gives you five across the eyes or a hug remains to be seen. Although the note may be a slightly more sound plan if the arm to ass ratio fails you.

Men don't slap, men (like Mike) punch.....Knowing mike, he'd be flattered, since everyones always groping billie joe and not him.

Men don't slap, men (like Mike) punch.....Knowing mike, he'd be flattered, since everyones always groping billie joe and not him.

True.

Pinch away. Mikes a doll.

True.

Pinch away. Mikes a doll.

The Pantsing mike Brigade lives forever.

I'm planning on writing them a note and maybe leaving it at Rudy's. I'm having trouble finding what to write though....I'm afraid of coming across all teeny and shit.

Why do people need to write them letters, so many people already do that and I doubt they even get read.

Just enjoy the music for pete's sake.

Why do people need to write them letters, so many people already do that and I doubt they even get read.

Just enjoy the music for pete's sake.

Well in my case, I want to thank them for helping me with something in my life....I won't go in to it here....but their music has helped me with A LOT over the past decade. It won't be a 'OMG, I love you so much' type letter...I just want to explain to them how a certain album of theirs helped me through something major, to which I am so very grateful for.

On Tuesday, the Simpson's premiere's in LA (specifically westwood village). As some of you may know, green day is apparently attending this premiere.

I made this mask for them about 3 months ago, but never had the courage to mail it to them. Well, the mask was actually made for Mike, because it was his birthday gift.

I had the idea of waiting in the grandstands at the premiere, and hopefully they'd come over and give autographs.

But whilst they gave autographs, I'd hand them my mask. On the back of this mask, I plan to tape down an note to them, telling them why I'm giving them this mask, who I am, and how much Green Day's meant to me over the past 7 years.

But I'm not sure what to write.

I have this down so far

"Dear Green Day,

My name is Matt Mocciaro. Before I tell you why I gave you this mask, I'd like to thank you for opening my ears to music. Though I was only 4 when Dookie came out (and non-existent when Sweet Children was formed), I've done my best over the past 7 years to make up for all of that lost time.

hmm, make sure you mention that Jaded must not be cut from their setlist on their next tour, as rumours have been going around. If they do cut it, tell him ill hunt him down... :blink:

Dear Green Day,

Billie, stop wearing fucking lipstick. Tre, put your hair down or lose weight. Mike....no you're okay. WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT MAKE A LETTERBOMB VIDEO?! You have failed us.

Warmest Regards,

me

:lol: that's made my day!

and also you should add in the end of the letter:

P.S

and what about the new album, did you forget about? and the movie that you promise to make?!

ok, this is mroe of a wide response to a few of you, not just one person in perticular.

grow the fuck up.

seriously.

i dont think its anyones place to criticise them as people, so what if theyre not perfect and theyre taking more time than a few of us would like over the next album/film/whatever.

they do have lives outside of Green Day.

and so what if people want to write them a letter? let them do it, ive given stuff to people i admire before, it takes a lot of balls to do it. and sometimes its just nice to let everything youre thinking out even if in the end it doesnt get read. i think its more the spark of hope there is in giving the acctual item to said person that itll make them stop and think, maybe give them a laugh and show them there are people out there who believe in them. thats all that matters.

Archived