Working Class Hero

Fuzz

Guest stjimmyflake

ppl who wanna download or upload this on torrent / limewire should all go to hell

if u said u have no money thats a lie... just stop buying shit for one day and im sure u can save up 99 cent.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can't buy stuff on itunes (it's not a lie), but i'm planning on buying the cd when it comes out

I've already said that you can go to rollingstone.com and listen to the full song. That's the only suggestion I have that's not illegal. And as far as I know, you can't really rip that file, so it's the only reason I'm suggesting it.

The transition into Lennon's voice could have been a bit smoother and this really will take me getting used to Working Class Hero being a power ballad. But nonetheless, I think Green Day did a pretty decent job. :thumbsup:

And while talking of Lennon, support Sean Lennon. Buy his CDs, worship him. Thank you.

A lot of people download music. I'm not gonna buy a whole album, when the only band I wanna hear on it is Green Day. I hate most other new aged shit. Green Day seems to be the only band that sticks out from all the other garbage that comes out today.

And I'm not gonna download it on iTunes, when I can get it for free on LimeWire. Call me cheap, that's just how I roll.

I'm going to buy it as soon as i get a new itunes card. :lol:

ppl who wanna download or upload this on torrent / limewire should all go to hell

if u said u have no money thats a lie... just stop buying shit for one day and im sure u can save up 99 cent.

I agree, it's for charity. :/ I'm sure we all have 99 cents to spare.

It's just annoying for people in the UK, and by the sounds of it the rest of the world who even if they wanted to buy this (at the moment) they can't :P

Guest stjimmyflake

I've already said that you can go to rollingstone.com and listen to the full song. That's the only suggestion I have that's not illegal. And as far as I know, you can't really rip that file, so it's the only reason I'm suggesting it.

yes you can rip that from rollingstone .com

just like yesterday when i ripped that radio show. very easy.

the thing is i know i will buy that when its out in uk.. not like some others... want it for free

i wonder if billie plays an acoustic on the video...

and with a cappo on the 3rd fret, cz if you play along to lennons his is in a minor, but green days is about 3 or 4 keys higher lol.

:lol: That was the first thing I did after listening to the whole song--pull out the guitar and see if it was in the same key. You're right--capo on the third fret. :lol:

Guest stjimmyflake

Why do all these n00bs think it's ok to rip off charities?

because they are bunch n00bs...

and dumb fuck who posted that link for download yesterday was the no1 n00b

In all of this, I was wondering to myself, 'where are U2?' - well, they're onboard now, as this link from Amnesty says. They're doing Instant Karma, which I feel like is a good fit for them.

Quote from Billie Joe, which is interesting (of course, lol!) because with Working Class Hero being so perfect for them, I'd wondered if they got to choose.

'We wanted to do 'Working Class Hero' because its themes of alienation, class, and social status really resonated with us,' says Green Day singer-guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong. 'It's such a raw, aggressive song - just that line: 'you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see' — we felt we could really sink our teeth into it. I hope we've done him justice.'

I think they have. :)

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/news_details.asp?NewsID=17350

Justice indeed. How poignant and relevent the themes of both Saints and Working Class Hero have been, especially for Billie. It's haunting the way the guitars surge into a relentless wall of sound before dropping out and John beckons to him: "If you want to be a hero, well just follow me."

There's inflection to his vocal now that communicates on another level beyond what was captured on AI. "Free" and "Be" are beautifully articulated with dimension and emotion.

...OK i just wanted to know where to download it because i wanted to put on my MP3 player (which isn`t a iPod by the way) i can`t put songs i`ve purchased on my MP3 player for some odd reason...that`s why i wanted to know where to download it plus i`m going to buy the CD when it comes out soo i guess i am really not doing any damage OH and plus i am not a NOOB!!

just heard the longer version on GDA

im lovin it!

might be a while before I can actually purchase the whole song though :/

Guest stjimmyflake

...OK i just wanted to know where to download it because i wanted to put on my MP3 player (which isn`t a iPod by the way) i can`t put songs i`ve purchased on my MP3 player for some odd reason...that`s why i wanted to know where to download it plus i`m going to buy the CD when it comes out soo i guess i am really not doing any damage OH and plus i am not a NOOB!!

only place u can download from is itune

Don't try to justify it. It's still stealing.

OH and plus your post count says, yep, you are a n00b. Have a nice day.

because they are bunch n00bs...

and dumb fuck who posted that link for download yesterday was the no1 n00b

was that themole? He amused me briefly, until he did something real stupid!

Guest stjimmyflake

was that themole? He amused me briefly, until he did something real stupid!

i wasnt here when that happen.. so i dont know..

all i know was some dumb fuck posted

Yeah.

And it is pretty shitty of some of you to rip the song, if you don't intend to buy it at some point. Some of you claim to have no money...

It's 99 fucking cents. Go dig through your fucking couch, I'm sure you'll come up with it.

You must have a credit card to get it off itunes and some of us don't :/

I figured out how to rip youtube videos :D

So, er, will there be / is there an actual physical CD single? And if so, what's on the b-side?

In all of this, I was wondering to myself, 'where are U2?' - well, they're onboard now, as this link from Amnesty says. They're doing Instant Karma, which I feel like is a good fit for them.

Quote from Billie Joe, which is interesting (of course, lol!) because with Working Class Hero being so perfect for them, I'd wondered if they got to choose.

'We wanted to do 'Working Class Hero' because its themes of alienation, class, and social status really resonated with us,' says Green Day singer-guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong. 'It's such a raw, aggressive song - just that line: 'you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see' — we felt we could really sink our teeth into it. I hope we've done him justice.'

I think they have. :)

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/news_details.asp?NewsID=17350

I totally agree with you Angeline :) I think they have too, Its a powerful song.

...and thanks for this quote :wink:

So, er, will there be / is there an actual physical CD single? And if so, what's on the b-side?

it's the same song. just 2 different versions: the explicit one and the clean one

And if so, what's on the b-side?

The next single from GD's new album.

*wakes up*

Dammit, it was just a dream! :pinch:

:lol:

Archived