Green Day on Big Brother

whatsername 34

I see you know Billie Joe's personality well.

I should think he would rather chew off his own leg than agree to take part in such invasive, pathetic shite.

That's so true. and personally I hate big brother.. there are not words enough for how awful I think it is. :sick:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest, i think Billie Joe would do it, I mean it seems he's got his personal life posted all over websites and shit, and the new album is soon to be out I guess...it would be perfect for him, or it could backfire.

I've seen one episode at some point, because I'd never judge something unseen, and because it's a phenomenon of modern culture.

One was plenty; it's a fucking human zoo, and I don't know who it degrades more, the people who appear on it, or the people who watch it. It's kind of like an insult to life.

Green Day don't need Big Brother, they already know how to jerk off.

Does that come across as negative, lol?! :)

I dunno what i'd if one of the guys did that - stop watching Big Brother, or stop listening to Green Day

You watch Big Brother??

:blink:

:pinch:

I think it would be a terrible thing if any of them went onto Big Brother. And besides, if you knew their personalities well enough, you'd know that they wouldn't ever appear on that shit. Urgh *shivers* It's, like, a fucking disgrace to British television.....what is this world coming to?!?

Who wants to watch a bunch of dumbass morons do nothing but eat,sleep,moan,eat,sleep,moan etc anyway? :verymad:

to be honest, i think Billie Joe would do it, I mean it seems he's got his personal life posted all over websites and shit, and the new album is soon to be out I guess...it would be perfect for him, or it could backfire.

You've seen how uncomfortable he is in front of tv cameras just for a short interview, do you think he would want to be filmed 24 hours a day for 2 weeks or more ... and share a confined space with a bunch of self-obsessed Z list "celebrities", the kind of people who turn up to the opening of an envelope ?

I watch big brother yes...because I like to see people crying, in agony and having the shit ripped out of them, because im an evil psycho nutter...and I also think that Green Day have seriously done much worse than appear on reality TV

:blink:

you really think he'd go on Big Brother?

:lol:

thats funny!

Yeah, he'd love it - there was this interview he did in a little diner one time, and a couple of young girls spotted him and were just having what sounded like a star-struck moment, watching him from a distance.

The interview ends on 'I've gotta get out of here, I feel like there's eyes all over me!'

He'd love it, yeah. :)

You've seen how uncomfortable he is in front of tv cameras just for a short interview, do you think he would want to be filmed 24 hours a day for 2 weeks or more ... and share a confined space with a bunch of self-obsessed Z list "celebrities", the kind of people who turn up to the opening of an envelope ?

John Lydon did it in "Im a Celebrity" and he turned out to be the star of the show...and I don't think he looks THAT uncomfortable in interviews, he seems to enjoy them from what I see.

is it not just celebrities that people have completely forgotten about or no one knows of?

or american celebrities that are seemingly really "well-known" over there but no one knows a shit about over here? :lol:

I dunno what you all see in Billie Joe that makes him too good for a shitehouse like Big Brother, because really, he'd do anything to get the band some attention, especially with the new album, I can honestly say he'd at least consider it, coz he knows it's good for business, but like I said, it could backfire, coz he may turn out to be a right cunt, or the amount of new generation Green Day fans will start to piss of the oldies. I dunno, he just seems the money grabbing type *holds flameshield from the teenies*

is it not just celebrities that people have completely forgotten about or no one knows of?

or american celebrities that are seemingly really "well-known" over there but no one knows a shit about over here? :lol:

Got it in one.

My tortoise is too famous to go on Big Brother, nevermind Billie Joe.

in my opinion if billie joe did do this it would probably break him. he just hasn't got it in him to be filmed 24/7. he'd snap and probably have to leave. all his old demons would come back, anxiety and panic attacks for example. he would loose a lot of credability form the 'rock scene' and to be honest it's not as if he or green day needs the exposure.

in my opinion if billie joe did do this it would probably break him. he just hasn't got it in him to be filmed 24/7. he'd snap and probably have to leave. all his old demons would come back, anxiety and panic attacks for example. he would loose a lot of credability form the 'rock scene' and to be honest it's not as if he or green day needs the exposure.

How does that differ from anyone else? everyone's got issues, then again you're right, if i remember Michael Barrymore cracked up, but i mean, he was involved in some heavier shit than Billie Joe.

How does that differ from anyone else? everyone's got issues, then again you're right, if i remember Michael Barrymore cracked up, but i mean, he was involved in some heavier shit than Billie Joe.

It differs from other people because other poeple can handle that kind of exposure alot more than someone like Billie can. It's obvious he hates it and finds himself to be uncomfotable in just interviews so how do you think he would react in a house full off people he would never choose to be with for a long period of time, without seeing his family and band mates? Like I said I think it would break him.

It differs from other people because other poeple can handle that kind of exposure alot more than someone like Billie can. It's obvious he hates it and finds himself to be uncomfotable in just interviews so how do you think he would react in a house full off people he would never choose to be with for a long period of time, without seeing his family and band mates? Like I said I think it would break him.

I still see no difference, A TON of people that went into Big Brother were very uncomfortable with interviews and shit, they barely got through the auditions, but they handled it well, perfect example is Glyn from this year, I don't see how Billie Joe is any more special to be honest. We all have issues.

I don't even watch that show... but i know it's gotta be terrible...

And Billie Joe on there?? hell no...

He has better things to do than be on a reality TV show...

Well all of them have something better to do...

So lets just leave it at that

I still see no difference, A TON of people that went into Big Brother were very uncomfortable with interviews and shit, they barely got through the auditions, but they handled it well, perfect example is Glyn from this year, I don't see how Billie Joe is any more special to be honest. We all have issues.

But you seem to be missing the point, which is why the fuck would he do it? To get publicity for the new album, when the fact that he walked across Abbey Road got headlines all over the world?

Why do these other people do it? Because they're desperate!

When did I ever say he was more special? This thread isn't compaoring him to others, I'm just saying for him, on a personal level, it would be difficult for him. And it's different for people goig in as non celebrities because they don't have that previous celebrity status or whatever. Also, tey obviously go in for the fame and money so it's their choice, he obviously wanted to do that. With BJ he doesn't need either so I don't see the point in him risking his health, physically or mentally for no reason.

Big Brother? I can't stand that show. And I highly doubt Billie would do it.

But you seem to be missing the point, which is why the fuck would he do it? To get publicity for the new album, when the fact that he walked across Abbey Road got headlines all over the world?

Why do these other people do it? Because they're desperate!

Headlines? pfff...why would he do it? Coz, like i said, he's a money grabbing cunt, like every so called rock star, he would get bigger headlines for doing it, im not saying he SHOULD, because i would switch off for sure, and i think, i may be the only one who isn't pissing about saying he wouldn't, coz some of you know deep down he might consider it.

Headlines? pfff...why would he do it? Coz, like i said, he's a money grabbing cunt, like every so called rock star, he would get bigger headlines for doing it, im not saying he SHOULD, because i would switch off for sure, and i think, i may be the only one who isn't pissing about saying he wouldn't, coz some of you know deep down he might consider it.

I can honestly say I don't think he would do it. You have to look at his lyrics and his behavior just to see that that would be his worst nightmare.

When did I ever say he was more special? This thread isn't compaoring him to others, I'm just saying for him, on a personal level, it would be difficult for him. And it's different for people goig in as non celebrities because they don't have that previous celebrity status or whatever. Also, tey obviously go in for the fame and money so it's their choice, he obviously wanted to do that. With BJ he doesn't need either so I don't see the point in him risking his health, physically or mentally for no reason.

I'm not saying you're comparing him to others, and yeah you didn't say he was more special but I got the feeling that you meant that in your rant for sure, let's say I wanted to go into Big Brother would you say "No, don't do that it'd bring up past demons"? or anyone else for that matter? i highly doubt you would, but since it's Billie Joe...

I can honestly say I don't think he would do it. You have to look at his lyrics and his behavior just to see that that would be his worst nightmare.

THERE WE GO, thank you, that's the smartest thing anyone has said in this thread...you made a fair point there at last...and I agree with it, to some extent, however some of his lyrics about anxiety, paranoia etc etc...seem way too fake.

I'm not saying you're comparing him to others, and yeah you didn't say he was more special but I got the feeling that you meant that in your rant for sure, let's say I wanted to go into Big Brother would you say "No, don't do that it'd bring up past demons"? or anyone else for that matter? i highly doubt you would, but since it's Billie Joe...

But I don't listen to your music or watch you in interviews do I? It's obvious that he finds that kind of thing uncomforting so therefore i can't see him doing it. And i wasn't ranting.

THERE WE GO, thank you, that's the smartest thing anyone has said in this thread...you made a fair point there at last...and I agree with it, to some extent, however some of his lyrics about anxiety, paranoia etc etc...seem way too fake.

That is what we have been saying all along!! And you can't get something that raw and that emotion filled without it being real.

Archived