underrated albums/eras?

br41n_5t3w

i think 

EDIT AGAIN: id put ¡UNO!, ¡DOS!, ¡TRÉ! on here too but they're very.....interesting to say the least. i would say its because billie was drinking again or wtvs but I could be very wrong- (or because new sound in music) oh and father of all motherf*ckers... is underrated and too hated as well- they were experimenting with new sounds and shi- IT WAS ALSO AROUND THE PANDEMIC EVERYONE WAS CHANGING

39/smooth, kerplunk, insomniac, nimrod and warning are so underrated like yes, kerplunk! has welcome to paradise, insomniac has brain stew/jaded, nimrod had good riddance but the rest I feel like nobody cares about it (I do though :P)

aa9fc5b8de61cf1e.png

also I made this months ago and I still find it funny 😕

(scott weiland (velvet revolver) and billie joe Armstrong somewhere around 2004-2005)

Edited by br41n_5t3w
fixed the url had & more autistic ideas

Kerplunk IS ignored by the band and IS the album with better songs... No anniversary edition or something ... I would love a record of live versions of kerplunk songs played in modern times (private ale, words i might have ate, 80, razorbacks were played in 2009-2016 era and no official released)

I feel Insomniac and Warning are hugely under appreciated. They are both such great albums (better than Dookie I would argue). 

I also think RevRad doesn't get as much love as it deserves. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Cris. said:

I feel Insomniac and Warning are hugely under appreciated. They are both such great albums (better than Dookie I would argue). 

I also think RevRad doesn't get as much love as it deserves. 

i agree

revrad isnt my favourite however doesnt mean i dont like it

1 hour ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Kerplunk IS ignored by the band and IS the album with better songs... No anniversary edition or something ... I would love a record of live versions of kerplunk songs played in modern times (private ale, words i might have ate, 80, razorbacks were played in 2009-2016 era and no official released)

i know like its so good but they don't really give it attention either like you said

• Like 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, br41n_5t3w said:

i agree

revrad isnt my favourite however doesnt mean i dont like it

i know like its so good but they don't really give it attention either like you said

It has better songs than dookie, but worse recorded.

Nimrod and Warning are quite highly rated by serious Green Day fans. They don't get as much love outside the fanbase though.

The trilogy is their most underrated work in my opinion. That's also more popular on GDC these days, but people everywhere else still hate it, and it gets less love from Mike and Tre than any of their other work. Are there some duds? Yeah (such as Carpe Diem and Little Boy Named No Thanks), but some of Billie's best love songs are on there. Fell For You and Angel Blue perfectly capture the feeling of knowing you're falling for someone you shouldn't. Oh Love conveys the frustration of that person holding back. Fuck Time and Stop When the Red Lights Flash are like two fanfics: one is trashy but fun and the other is actually tasteful and of the same quality as any professionally published work. Wild One is a glorious celebration of giving in to a love that might kill you, but it's worth it. Stray Heart is a bop. Brutal Love is an absolute masterpiece. Missing You is a fun and cute song that does what it's supposed to do. 8th Avenue Serenade is my favourite Green Day song. I'm biased because my first love also serenaded me on 8th Avenue, but it's such a beautiful, intimate portrayal of what a simple place can come to mean to people who are in love, and it perfectly conveys being scared to hope that something might come of it even though you already know you're hoping it will. And then there are the non-love songs like Rusty James and Lazy Bones that are also very high quality.

Thank you for coming to my Regular Trilogy 4 Lyf Session. Next episode probably coming the next time I've had as little sleep as I have recently.

RevRad is also seriously underrated. 21st Century Breakdown does get some love from fans now, but not enough considering what a masterpiece it is. 8th Avenue Serenade is my favourite Green Day song, but 21st Century Breakdown is my favourite album. If only it could get an anniversary tour... I know it won't and why, but if only.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Nimrod and Warning are quite highly rated by serious Green Day fans. They don't get as much love outside the fanbase though.

100% Agree!! Actually, Nimrod and Warning are my two favorite GD albums ever. They are good valued albums among, let's say in this way... "non-casual fans".

I agree also the trilogy is underrated, especially ¡DOS! I know trilogy has high and lows, but for me ¡DOS! is a solid album (I just don't like... AMY. I don't feel it as a good closer song for that album). 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Little Boy Named No Thanks

😂

My issue with the Trilogy is not that there are not good songs in it. I agree, there are some amazing songs in there! My issue is that you could have put all those good songs in one album, name it !Uno, Dos, Trè! and spare us the rest, because the bad songs in it can get really bad. I have softened about this in my old age and I have grown to accept the Trilogy and that even the artists that have spoiled us with high quality album after high quality album are allowed to have fun and get more experimental for an album, or two, or trè, or cuatro (and by cuatro I mean Father of All) 😅