AI 5 song demo cd discovered by redditor

fatherotti

17 hours ago, fatherotti said:

It would be nice to have the Warning demos. Clusterbomb (Warning version), Wasteaway, Sleepyhead etc 😃

id unironically shit my pants if i heard Warning XXV would have Wasteaway, Clusterbomb (warning version), Sleepyhead, Dropout+ Dont Want To Know If You Are lonely (Husker Du cover), and No One Knows live (if they some how cant get the rights to goat island) 

19 hours ago, nowshesgone said:

reminder that next year is also the 35th birthday of 39/smooth (+slappy and  the Sweet Children EP) and considering how both Warning and Insomniac have reasons both to get and not get a box i think 1039/ smoothed and sweetened out hours could also happen but yeah we probably are getting at the minimum Warning XXV by the start of next year and insomnaic 30th later in the year alongside probably the remaining shows on this current tour having more warniac 

Warning has more chance of getting an anniversary (demos with previously unreleased tracks) release than their old lookout catalogues

6 minutes ago, Nezirath270 said:

Warning has more chance of getting an anniversary (demos with previously unreleased tracks) release than their old lookout catalogues

i mean yeah Warning probably is getting a box just because Minority and Warning were big (same reason why nimrod got a box because of Good Riddance and possibly Hitchin a Ride) but its something to think about, unless of course crush or whoever plans the box sets pulls a trick to get the warning box to sell well

22 hours ago, nowshesgone said:

reminder that next year is also the 35th birthday of 39/smooth (+slappy and  the Sweet Children EP) and considering how both Warning and Insomniac have reasons both to get and not get a box i think 1039/ smoothed and sweetened out hours could also happen but yeah we probably are getting at the minimum Warning XXV by the start of next year and insomnaic 30th later in the year alongside probably the remaining shows on this current tour having more warniac 

I seriously doubt they release an anniversary version for Lookout era albums. I know they could add demos for unreleased songs like You can't fool me or When you're near and some gig from the lookout era, but the quality of those gigs is not equal to the shows recorded since Dookie era.

I see as a more plausible idea to get a re-recorded album, with the best tracks from Lookout era, excluding Welcome to Paradise, 409 in your coffeemaker and Christie Road, but I don't really think the band/record label would be interested in release something like that.

On the other hand, we have Warning which has several concerts recorded in audio and we know there are unknown unreleased song/demos. Plus, there are concerts recorded on video which could be released and upgraded to 1080p or more.

1 hour ago, Insomniac1984 said:

I seriously doubt they release an anniversary version for Lookout era albums. I know they could add demos for unreleased songs like You can't fool me or When you're near and some gig from the lookout era, but the quality of those gigs is not equal to the shows recorded since Dookie era.

I see as a more plausible idea to get a re-recorded album, with the best tracks from Lookout era, excluding Welcome to Paradise, 409 in your coffeemaker and Christie Road.

ngl id take a rerecorded album but if and only if they redid all of the Sweet Children EP 

as for concerts i honestly think that theres a slight chance that Goat Island and Bizzare Festival have rights issues that may prevent one or both being included (rights issues also likely prevented Bottom Of The Hill 98 and Jaded In Chicago from being in Nimrod XXV and Dookie 30th) so i would probably expect something like Bridge School Benefit (which id say is on the same level as Garage Club albiet Bridge School was the first concert with Jason White) or them pulling something super random out like 7/20/01 (AKA Maria/No One Knows debut) or the show that Deadbeats Holiday was rumored to be played at/the show we know for sure was the only one with Fashion Victim

Edited by nowshesgone
Replying to part of message that i missed the first time around

Are we sure these aren't AI generated? seems strange this cat made his reddit account just to leak and went away 

2 hours ago, ekim said:

Are we sure these aren't AI generated? seems strange this cat made his reddit account just to leak and went away 

Seems logical to me, wouldn’t want it leaked back to his regular account and what not 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ekim said:

Queen I 2024 remix is more AI than those american idiot leaked tracks. Also it happens when a song got leak months or weeks or days before official release.

On 10/19/2024 at 11:37 PM, ekim said:

This is giving AI way too much credit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Does anyone have a working link to these still? I'm off the site for a few days and somehow miss this!!

Check out page 2

On 10/25/2024 at 10:15 AM, Insomniac186 said:

So what is the verdict? Are these actually any different from the box set versions?

From what I read on reddit, only Whatsername and Novacaine are the same. The rest are different. BOBD is in a different key, Radio Baghdad is at a faster tempo, and WMUWSE has the drum intro. I haven't heard any noticable differences with Whatsername and Novacaine. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bastard of young said:

From what I read on reddit, only Whatsername and Novacaine are the same. The rest are different. BOBD is in a different key, Radio Baghdad is at a faster tempo, and WMUWSE has the drum intro. I haven't heard any noticable differences with Whatsername and Novacaine. 

Thank you. I do appreciate the info.

Radio Baghdad is also pretty much the same as the officially released demos also. The only difference is the demo on the anniversary set has the actual ending to the song. The ending that would carry over to the final release. The outro instead of the sudden stop. The five song demo was probably the most recent take before this anniversary demo, cause they sound so much alike. But also closer to what we would hear on the final. 

Regarding the fact that Whatsername and Novacaine are the same, yes. Absolutely. Not only that, they’re the same sample and bit rate as the official releases. They’re 24bit at 48khz. Also if you notice, the way this “Redditor” delivered these demos, the way they were presented. I mean for Pete’s sake, they’re 24bit flac and AIFF files lol. No CD or CD-R for that matter is capable of 24bit sound.

It leads more credence to the theory that these did not come from just some random Joe on Reddit lol. These are pro master quality files that can only come from a label. Or someone who has access to master quality files. The fact that they came in AIFF also, is your smoking gun lol. 😆 Either someone from the band, or at the label, decided to give us an early preview two weeks in advanced. There’s just no way. Right before the official release. Too much of a coincidence.