AI 5 song demo cd discovered by redditor

fatherotti

Well, the original poster on Reddit deleted his post and account. So now we may not get to date the CD at all. 😢

10 hours ago, Flynn said:

Their reddit got deleted

Was this planted? Now I’m wondering the thrifting story was made up. :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a clever promo move if it's not an insane coincidence, but pretty sure it's the former. The person made their Reddit account just to post about it, yet knew exactly where to post and only asked about the Green Day CD  :sherlock:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Was this planted? Now I’m wondering the thrifting story was made up. :lol: 

It seems the person who originally found it and posted about it deleted their own posts. My guess would be that they were contacted in not the most friendly terms by either band management or the record label? 😅

The timing is super weird and suspicious, I agree, and finding this in a thrift store sounds too good to be true, but on the other hand I don't see why the band would plant this. If they had wanted to release these demos, they could have released them in the Anniversary box next week. And not sure it's such a good promo move... the only people I see talking about this or even aware of this are the same people who already pre-ordered they Anniversary box. Even the number of upvotes and comments in the post was not crazy.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

I want the date of those songs though! 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CristhyneS said:

It seems the person who originally found it and posted about it deleted their own posts. My guess would be that they were contacted in not the most friendly terms by either band management or the record label? 😅

The timing is super weird and suspicious, I agree, and finding this in a thrift store sounds too good to be true, but on the other hand I don't see why the band would plant this. If they had wanted to release these demos, they could have released them in the Anniversary box next week. And not sure it's such a good promo move... the only people I see talking about this or even aware of this are the same people who already pre-ordered they Anniversary box. Even the number of upvotes and comments in the post was not crazy.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

I want the date of those songs though! 😂

As someone who was following the original wouldn't it make sense to plant that disk that John Roecker shared as being found via a thrift store rather than a disk that i doubt was going to be in the box set anyways?

Yeah.... they gave us a much better selection than the demos they were officially going to release lol. Perhaps the band wanted to give the fans a little something extra lol. idk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatherotti said:

Yeah.... they gave us a much better selection than the demos they were officially going to release lol. Perhaps the band wanted to give the fans a little something extra lol. idk. 

considering the higher key BOBD and the fact that WMUWSE has the lyric that was missing from the demo that they released last month thats probably the case
what im wondering now is, how different are the demos of Whatsername, Novacaine and  Extraordinary Girl in the box set are compared to the versions on this disk

Edited by nowshesgone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nowshesgone said:

considering the higher key BOBD and the fact that WMUWSE has the lyric that was missing from the demo that they released last month thats probably the case
what im wondering now is, how different are the demos of Whatsername, Novacaine and  Extraordinary Girl in the box set are compared to the versions on this disk

Its just like how everyone was expecting Nimrod 25th to have that awesome full band version of Allison on it, the one that leaked as a bootleg. Instead they ended up putting out an acoustic version. I don't mind, we still got a studio version of Allison. But it means they have much better sounding demos and outtakes in the vaults. And if Green Day really did "leak" this.... then thank you boys 😚 We're really enjoying them! My hope was, and maybe it sort of came to fruition, the band would release the AI 20th, and then be like "Annnnnd here's a special edition with even more content with more demos and outtakes!". 😃

• Like 1