Green Day to play at Ejekt Festival in Athens July 2025

Cris.

Love that they're playing several new places. 😊❤️

Looks like a festival run this summer. 🫣

• Like 1

After many years, they're finally playing in the land of my people. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I love that they are going to countries they've never been to before, or countries where they haven't been in decades. This is shaping out to be a real world tour. Only South America missing for now, but I have the feeling they will cover it too.

I was a bit surprised they have never been to Greece though. So much European touring, you'd think they would have visited at least during the AI or 21stCBD when they were big everywhere.

20 hours ago, petros said:

You guys have no idea how important this is to me. I'd prefer to die than miss this.

So happy for you! I so understand that excitement 🥹

• Love 1

Taking a little holiday to Athens next year 😎

• Like 4

Of the festivals they have announced so far for next year, this is the first one for which I'm considering to go.

There is a high probability that I will actually be in Greece the last week of June for work, meaning I'd only have to pay the round trip from that city to Athens, as the company would cover my ticket from France to Greece. So I could do this relatively cheap. Also, I've always wanted to go Athens, it's high on my list, but haven't had chance to yet. And the fact that it's their first time there makes it extra especial and exciting. Also, it's my partner's birthday on the day of the concert, and although he's quite sick of Green Day by now, I think a festival would be fun and I could sell him on the idea.

The main hold back is that Greece on July sounds like literal hell.

• Like 2

Of course I got tickets immediate as they went out.

On 10/16/2024 at 10:08 PM, CristhyneS said:

The main hold back is that Greece on July sounds like literal hell.

It is and especially Athens, but go for it if you're going to be here anyway. 

Any GDCers coming that need any help or info about Athens don't hesitate to message me I'd be happy to help with any questions about the city or where to live or whatever.

• Love 1

Thank God that they are also coming to Austria without playing on a festival! 😍 In the message from Green Day it says:

The mailing list pre-sale for the headliners begins this Wednesday @ 10am local - the code will be sent at 11pm local tomorrow.

for the European Dates next summer. How am I able to get such a code?