X107.5 Bans Green Day After Billie Joe Armstrong Says He 'Hates' Las Vegas

JardyOfSuburbia

Why Are the Athletics Leaving Oakland?

https://fhspost.com/9524/sports/why-are-the-athletics-leaving-oakland/

this article from 2023 explains some of the negotiations and how the the A's just dropped the ball and said adios Oakland for Las Vegas!

After five years, A’s rejected a $12B waterfront ballpark site in Oakland for 9 acres on the Strip

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/after-five-years-as-rejected-a-12b-waterfront-ballpark-site-in-oakland-for-9-acres-on-the-strip

I am from the Bay Area and have the same feeling Bille Joe does.  the owner of the A's does not give a F...k. He doesn't care and nver cared to make the team profitable and fun.  Hell his familly owns the GAP stores and are billionaires. There is money to be spent on players. They get 67 million from TV rights each year. 

I'm a life long Raider fan, so when they left again, after leaving for Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, I was like yeah that's Mark Davis for you.  Just like John Fisher. Neither cares about the fans.

• Like 2

And to add insult to injury, the baseball stadium in Las Vegas isn’t even built yet and is not going to be ready for three more years! But instead of keeping the team in Oakland until that time, they’re moving them anyway to a minor league ballpark in Sacramento in the meantime with artificial turf, risking injury and extreme heat issues for the players.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2024 at 10:43 AM, Hermione said:

Hilarious :lol:. So much silly drama any time Billie says anything lately. Also extremely obvious he's not talking about regular people who live in Las Vegas.

This kind of reminds me of the Steve Jobs one which also didn’t land well.

Then his emails leak years later proving the guy was a literal piece of shit to his employees and he even worked deals with other companies to control the job market in tech. 

• Like 3

Moving sports teams (see: franchises) for capitalism is the most American thing ever, I'm afraid. 

Try that shit in Europe or South America. They would raze entire cities to the ground. 

• Like 4

How is this still making headlines?

Green Day Banned from Two Las Vegas Radio Stations After Billie Joe Armstrong Calls City “Worst Shithole in America”

https://consequence.net/2024/09/green-day-banned-las-vegas-radio-stations/

I'm guessing this is gonna blow over soon. Doesn't seem super newsworthy to me.

• Like 1

vegas is one of my least favorite cities in the world, you couldn't pay me to live there

• Like 1

I just think Vegas is weird, have visited twice really on way to somewhere else but it’s the oddest place to me.

• Like 2

The only thing that will get me out to Vegas is an NSYNC residency. Otherwise, I've never really been interested in visiting. The gamboling doesn't appeal to me. I'll lose $5 and get mad :lol:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, The Grohl said:

The only thing that will get me out to Vegas is an NSYNC residency. Otherwise, I've never really been interested in visiting. The gamboling doesn't appeal to me. I'll lose $5 and get mad :lol:

Hey, I’m Scottish, I allowed myself $10 and lost it all 😭😭😂😂

• Haha 3

On 9/30/2024 at 7:57 AM, Saviour said:

Moving sports teams (see: franchises) for capitalism is the most American thing ever, I'm afraid. 

Try that shit in Europe or South America. They would raze entire cities to the ground. 

The lakers moved to Los Angeles where there are no lakes

• Haha 3