Pinhead Gunpowder's new album "Unt" out 10/18/24

A Worry Rock

6 minutes ago, Liam said:

Really glad it wasn't just me! I've tried emailing them and they say no one else has had issues so I've sent them screenshots that it's still happening. I bought the 7' vinyl back and shipping was very reasonable, I don't know how a CD ends up as so much

Definitely not just you. I stopped using them for a while because they wanted to charge me $75 to mail 3 x 7" vinyls. The invoice tonight didn't even add up correctly. It was like $10 more than it should have been! The prices were there in black and white but the total was too high!

• Surprised 1

The album is awesome! I was working alone for 10.5 hours today and had it on repeat the whole time :lol:. I just love Aaron's writing so much and Billie and Jason's vocals sounding great, and still a classic PHGP vibe after all this time. Haven't listened to PHGP in a while but this reminded me how much I love them and definitely going to be listening to this plus rest of the discographt a ton. Could be my favourite album/collection of songs of theirs. 

Also Billie's work ethic/creative output is incredible, he never stops! Which song is it where he sings like really low? I swear it's the lowest his voice has ever sounded lol, maybe he was just reaching for the notes a bit.

I wonder if the CD has a lyric booklet, does anyone know? If it does I wanna get it. I just remembered when my brother and I ordered their old CD's from Adeline Records 18/19 years ago they came with a hand written thank you note from someone at the company with free badges attached, that was so cool. The artwork in the old booklets is all very cool so hopefully there is one.

• Like 4

Yes, there is a leaflet at least with the CD, got the lyrics to most of the songs but not Green, Chowchilla or Song For Myself.  He sings really low on Song for Myself and I love it!  Also has a very sweet typical BJ selfie on the inside of the front cover. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yes, there is a leaflet at least with the CD, got the lyrics to most of the songs but not Green, Chowchilla or Song For Myself.  He sings really low on Song for Myself and I love it!  Also has a very sweet typical BJ selfie on the inside of the front cover. 

Brilliant thanks I'm gonna get it! Oh yeah that's it, between that and the high notes on Goodnight Adeline he's been really pushing his vocal range this year.

• Like 2

This is a good fun listen. Nothing groundbreaking, not my favorite Pinhead Gunpowder release, but has some great additions to their catalog. Lacks a bit of the punch and "snarl" that I associate with the band. 7/10.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jengd said:

Does it mention who wrote each song or are they all just credited to Pinhead Gunpowder?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Does it mention who wrote each song or are they all just credited to Pinhead Gunpowder?

id imagine that who ever sings on the song is the one who wrote it (minus Song for Myself)

6 minutes ago, nowshesgone said:

id imagine that who ever sings on the song is the one who wrote it (minus Song for Myself)

Not necessarily for this band. Billie and Jason sing everything but most lyrics are written by Aaron and they may collaborate on the music. 

• Like 4

Found this band in reading about Pinhead Gunpowder.  They share some songs with Pinhead, which is cool. 

3 hours ago, Montclare said:

Around the 19:13 mark they discuss how they write.  Bits and parts that everyone works on together, bit and parts that members bring it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Montclare said:

Two tiny little boxes with additional info.  First one says Jason - Guitar and vocals, Billie - Guitar and Vocals, Bill - Bass, Aaron - Drums,, Recorded by Chris Dugan and second one says All music and lyrics by Pinhead Gunpowder except 'Song for Myself' (by Harry Chapin c 1973 Story Songs Ltd) 'Shine' (music by Paulie) 'DBNI' and 'Green' (music by Jessi J) plus help from Davey on 'Chowchilla' and Ed on 'Oh My'.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, That Dude said:

Around the 19:13 mark they discuss how they write.  Bits and parts that everyone works on together, bit and parts that members bring it.  

I think even though it's a collaboration you can tell Aaron wrote most of the lyrics, his writing is so distinctive. Or maybe the others kind of write more to his style for PHGP

• Like 1

Yeah, there's definitely a couple I feel are Billie's (unless Aaron has a razor blade fascination too :lol:). And they said Jason brought stuff too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They should have credited Mike for loaning them some cylinders to fire on. Album is heat🎇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/19/2024 at 3:16 PM, Dingle said:

[Verse 2]

She had space between her teeth
Cleaned it with a knife
There was no before floss
Only when she was asleep could I relax
Because the pressure was off

Third line is definitely "there was no need for floss"

• Thanks 1

i'm extremely drawn to 'Oh My' , 'Draw It In' , Here Goes The Neighborhood' and 'Trash TV' 

i really love Billie singing the chorus on Draw It In ❤️

• Like 2

I pre-ordered it on vinyl and CD from 1-2-3-4 Go! Records and never got a shipping notification or received it. I ordered from them because they have a good reputation and I thought I wouldn't have any problems. Oh, well...

• Sad 1

On 10/20/2024 at 5:18 PM, Q-Man said:

This is a good fun listen. Nothing groundbreaking, not my favorite Pinhead Gunpowder release, but has some great additions to their catalog. Lacks a bit of the punch and "snarl" that I associate with the band. 7/10.

Yeah I miss that snarly bite that all their other songs have! But easily forgiven since it’s been like 16 years(?) since a new song! You can tell all the boys are in a different place than when they released the masterpiece that is carry the banner and jump slaty and Elston. And I do hear a lot more Longshot style on display.

But their sincerity really comes across even after all these years!

hey! if you read up on the chowchilla kidnapping, the lyrics in the song take on a whole new meaning :blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After listening to the record on repeat for the last few days I have to say yes, I like it! My favorite songs at the moment are Oh My, Trash TV and Song for Myself. The only one I don’t get warm with (do you say so in English…?) is Green. Oh, and as a Billie fangirl with no PHGP experience until now I‘m surprised at how much I like Jason’s vocals!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, suffoKate said:

Hey! if you read up on the chowchilla kidnapping, the lyrics in the song take on a whole new meaning :blink:

That's where I know that from! I knew the word sounded familiar.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Insomniac186 said:

I pre-ordered it on vinyl and CD from 1-2-3-4 Go! Records and never got a shipping notification or received it. I ordered from them because they have a good reputation and I thought I wouldn't have any problems. Oh, well...

I would contact them. I bought the 6 LP vinyl bundle and it shipped last Tuesday (and arrived on Thursday).

• Like 2

On 10/22/2024 at 3:49 AM, Insomniac186 said:

Definitely contact them, I’ve always found their customer service excellent. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2024 at 1:04 PM, proud_ginge said:

Definitely contact them, I’ve always found their customer service excellent. 

I did shortly after my post, and apparently the vinyl I pre-ordered isn't available so they are going to ship everything together when the vinyl arrives in early November.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1