Pinhead Gunpowder's new album "Unt" out 10/18/24

A Worry Rock

Listen again today... Many good songs! Some longshot/trilogy vibes in some of them, others with original pinhead vibe

Only listened to whole thing today and I love it (always have liked PHGP), possibly fav so far is Song For Myself but that's partly the vocals.  Sadly, there aren't lyrics for every song on the sheet with the CD!

• Like 1

Just listened to the album for the first time and I'm thinking it's just an ok album. Like a 5/10. Tbf, I've never been a huge fan of Pinhead Gunpowder but I was hoping for more

It starts off alright but I get tired of the overall sound of the songs around halfway through and there aren't really any big highlights for me outside of Hola Canada

I'll give it a couple more listens but probably won't be a project I return to much after that

Fell in love with PG from first ep 'Trundle & Spring' back in '91. Thereafter throughout the 90's in between GD studio album releases, there was always a PG record to provide more magical raw punk sound.

'Carry The Banner' is a classic.

Love this new album. Thanks PG. ♥️

• Like 1

I didn't really like Unt, the song. So I went in with very low expectations. Turns out Unt is the weakest song in the album 😂 (in my opinion anyway). Really good album. Here Goes the Neighborhood is my favorite in first and second listen. DBNI is a close second. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Only listened to whole thing today and I love it (always have liked PHGP), possibly fav so far is Song For Myself but that's partly the vocals.  Sadly, there aren't lyrics for every song on the sheet with the CD!

The vinyl has‘t got all of them either. I‘m especially missing „Mumbles“. For me as a non- native speaker, printed lyrics can be quite helpful …

I don’t know why Unt and Shine were the songs they dropped first they are nowhere near the best on the record. Nothing Ever Matters sounds like The Longshot, Chowchilla could be a Network song. DBNI sounds like classic PG and Here Goes the Neighborhood could be The Influents. So many other good ones.

• Like 1

Listened to this album yesterday while at work, and I really enjoyed it! It's not the most exciting album I have heard this year, but it is still very solid and has some great social commentary. I feel like I probably need to listen to it again while paying more attention to it to be able to appreciate it better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mollyluna said:

The vinyl has‘t got all of them either. I‘m especially missing „Mumbles“. For me as a non- native speaker, printed lyrics can be quite helpful …

Mumbles lyrics:-

[Verse 1]
She had breasts shaped like eggs that tickle my ribs
I embarrass myself by
Mistaking her sweat for tears
Her laughter was like
The pillar of a [?]

[Chorus]
Suits her smile belonged on a shark
"Do you call this coffee?" she said
Still lost in my dreams, I felt weak in the knees
In the cloud of the morning light
In the light

[Verse 2]
She had space between her teeth
Cleaned it with a knife
There was no before floss
Only when she was asleep could I relax
Because the pressure was off

[Chorus]
Now being tested didn't bother me
When it came to Portuguese call her niece
[?] sort the dates on ability to skate
But I was shy between the sheets
Between the sheets

[Outro]
Woah-oh-oh, mumbles
You spell my name wrong on the note

• Like 2

This album keeps getting better I’ve played it four times today I love these songs. Ngl in the past I’ve always had favorite PG songs but never an entire release, there’d be like a handful each record that I really liked. This one is nearly perfect with the exception of one or two for me. 

• Like 4

Just finished listening to the album for the first time, and it's probably the last. It's not bad, but it's really really really boring. Nothing awful but nothing stood out for me either.
It has similar sound to the trilogy, which is a good thing in my opinion.

And for the love of god, Aaron needs to play to a click. He dragged half of the songs back - the one thing you absolutely don't do in punk. It was most notable in Song for Myself.

Missed out on the signed CD because their shipping prices to Australia are absolutely absurd

• Sad 2

I had one in the basket but it had gone before I could check it out! Last I looked a few weeks back their shipping seemed to have come down quite substantially but tonight I hesitated because the shipping was more than the CD and then it was sold out! Couldn't really afford it at the minute anyway!

50 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I had one in the basket but it had gone before I could check it out! Last I looked a few weeks back their shipping seemed to have come down quite substantially but tonight I hesitated because the shipping was more than the CD and then it was sold out! Couldn't really afford it at the minute anyway!

Really glad it wasn't just me! I've tried emailing them and they say no one else has had issues so I've sent them screenshots that it's still happening. I bought the 7' vinyl back and shipping was very reasonable, I don't know how a CD ends up as so much