Pinhead Gunpowder's new album "Unt" out 10/18/24

A Worry Rock

Wow never expected this! I love PHGP and the song is awesome, can't wait for the album. It's my brother's birthday today and he'll be happy about this!

• Like 3

This song is really amazing! I can’t stop listening to it! Man, how I’ve missed PG!

• Like 4

This song is amazing! The Interrupters vibes!

Idk why but I can hear the Haha you're dead tempo in this song.

• Like 3

• A Worry Rock changed the title to Pinhead Gunpowder's new album "Unt" out 10/18/24
23 hours ago, Mato said:

Awesome! I can't wait :woot:

I can't believe it's been 16 years since I was excited for their (then) new EP.. Time flies so fucking fast.

ouch, i hadn't made the count, when they say in the release that it's their first music since 2008 I thoght of something like 10 years ago.... man, time definitely is speeding up ad we grow old

• Like 4

I get Back in the USA and Ha Ha You're Dead from my first listen. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Beautiful statement here from the band. I hadn’t realized that they’ve gotten together to play just for themselves nearly every year since they formed. So it’s not a reunion at all, they just decided to release music again and they’re super proud of it. 

If anyone knows the original source of this statement I’d love to see it, I can’t find where it’s from.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_ipCbptTqe/?igsh=MWJ1aXl1MnM5NGUxNQ==

Beautiful! Those sentiments always came across clearly in all their music throughout the years. Let’s go!:banana:

• Like 1

Too much too soon!   Linkin Park and now I'm coming unglued!   Blink, Green Day, Pinhead Gunpowder......aaaaaaaaaaaa.....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Beautiful statement here from the band. I hadn’t realized that they’ve gotten together to play just for themselves nearly every year since they formed. So it’s not a reunion at all, they just decided to release music again and they’re super proud of it. 

If anyone knows the original source of this statement I’d love to see it, I can’t find where it’s from.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_ipCbptTqe/?igsh=MWJ1aXl1MnM5NGUxNQ==

I assumed a joint statement from them all but I agree, it’s nice to know they’ve still been playing together regularly.  

4 hours ago, jengd said:

I assumed a joint statement from them all but I agree, it’s nice to know they’ve still been playing together regularly.  

I know but where was it published? It’s not on the official band IG or 1234Go

21 minutes ago, BrendanL said:

It’s Aaron’s statement, published on the 1234Go website. 

https://1234gorecords.shop/products/pguyrtsplatter

Thanks!  It’s signed by Aaron which was left off the repost. He mentions the album and also a tour so I hope they play enough dates that I can get to at least one show somewhere

We’ll probably know in a matter of weeks, but what do we think a tour might look like? Strictly California shows? A run up and down the west coast? Or, best case scenario, something resembling the Longshot tour? I’m a little surprised that both Jason and Aaron have used the term “tour,” given that the band is unlikely to make much money since the shows will be so small.

23 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I get Back in the USA and Ha Ha You're Dead from my first listen. 

Very strong Ha Ha You're Dead vibes!

Ehm, Back in the USA? Which song is that? 🫣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CristhyneS said:

Very strong Ha Ha You're Dead vibes!

Ehm, Back in the USA? Which song is that? 🫣

It was a new song on the God's Favorite Band compilation/greatest hits

• Surprised 1

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I suspect the cost of these side gig tours comes out of Billie’s pocket. He pays his bandmates and covers the cost. The Longshot shows couldn’t have made anything. Tickets were dirt cheap they sold barely any merch and most clubs were 200-300 cap. He does this because he loves it and for the fans. I would love a small Longshot style tour for PG. Tickets for east coast shows were not hard to get.

Yeah, someone way back wrote a detailed breakdown on this forum of why the Longshot shows were unlikely to be making much money, touching on the costs of touring & paying a crew. I agree that any club tour is probably due to their passion for the project and certainly not seen as a profitable endeavor. 

I certainly don’t see Pinhead playing larger venues than the Longshot did. I think we’d all be really lucky if they ventured outside of California for some shows. I’ll fly wherever to catch a show if I can - always been a dream to see Pinhead live! The new single is pretty good, and the one that Jason performed a year ago was really good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

It was a new song on the God's Favorite Band compilation/greatest hits

The what now? 😂 I really missed a lot! Thanks for clarifying.

If anyone wanted to prepare a quick course about "Green Day and side projects, between the release of the Trilogy and now" with a review of releases besides Revolution Radio and Father of All, highlights of the tours, memorable interviews, etc, I would sign for it and study for the test! 😂

EDIT: Love the song, and love the video. Will listen again to the PHGP song now for a compare and contrast 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What do we think? tiny-mega tour could happen sometime in October, November or December since Saviors tour takes off again in January (SA, Dubai, and Japan dates). A busy time of the year with all the holiday hustle and bustle, but doable!

2 minutes ago, suffoKate said:

What do we think? tiny-mega tour could happen sometime in October, November or December since Saviors tour takes off again in January (SA, Dubai, and Japan dates). A busy time of the year with all the holiday hustle and bustle, but doable!

GD have a show in Mexico in November. Any chance they could add more Latam dates?