American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

whoa the merch in the sets ARE fantastic! I'm probably going to get the CD one tho, I'd get the vinyl one if it came with the stickers and pins. The flag and tie are awesome too

• Like 1

So tried 3 different payment methods and all failed. I think it’s on their end because my cards are fine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Okay but why everything about Green Day in the last 5 years has been so expensive? $200 for godsake wtf

Hella Mega, Saviors tour, punk bunny, dookie 30th, Insomniac deluxe, American Idiot 20th. 

• Like 3

Is the EU shop payment system not working?

(By the way, am I the only one bothered by the design of the AI cover? It's so iconic I wouldn't ever think about changing it, not even for a 20-year special release)

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Okay but why everything about Green Day in the last 5 years has been so expensive? $200 for godsake wtf

Hella Mega, Saviors tour, punk bunny, dookie 30th, Insomniac deluxe, American Idiot 20th. 

This is what I've been saying! Their prices have been ridiculous lately. I was willing to spring maybe 150 on the vinyl box set but 200? That's too much especially considering the Dookie box set cost less but had more bonus goodies with it.

• Like 2

I’m glad to come on here and see that it’s their system not working cause I also tried three different payment methods and none worked. Merch looks great! I want that cardigan but it said it was all out. 

• Like 1

Will this deluxe version and the doc be available on streaming too

18 minutes ago, giozzam said:

(By the way, am I the only one bothered by the design of the AI cover? It's so iconic I wouldn't ever think about changing it, not even for a 20-year special release)

I hope the booklet artwork from the original album is included. I left my company in Venezuela and would love to have the booklet in my hands again 🥹

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BUBBYBUB said:

Will this deluxe version and the doc be available on streaming too

The deluxe version (discs 1-4) will be available on most streaming platforms, I believe. However, the documentary, as of now, looks to be a blu-ray / bundle exclusive. 

• Thanks 1

I'm only excited about the demos and documentary. Should be easy enough to stream the former; hope to find the documentary somewhere.

• Like 3

yeah , i'm not spending £66 on that 😰

Just now, Montclare said:

I'm only excited about the demos and documentary. Should be easy enough to stream the former; hope to find the documentary somewhere.

Same, I almost wish they'd just sell the demo record seperately

Tempted to just pick up a t shirt and call it a day, stream/purchase everything else digitally

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

This is what I've been saying! Their prices have been ridiculous lately. I was willing to spring maybe 150 on the vinyl box set but 200? That's too much especially considering the Dookie box set cost less but had more bonus goodies with it.

2 more records and 2 blu rays make up the difference between AI and Dookie sets. It’s expensive but will be discounted if you know where to shop (and don’t mind not getting the store exclusive poster).

58 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So tried 3 different payment methods and all failed. I think it’s on their end because my cards are fine.

Not working for me either

To those thinking that C&V doesn't exist; even if it never really did, there is enough material from that era (AI B-Sides, 21CBD B-Sides, bonus tracks, and unreleased songs on the John Roecker disc) to make an album out of and call it C&V. It could be very easily done.

We do know for a fact that the band was in the studio all throughout 2002 and 2003 making all kinds of recordings, including but not limited to Money Money 2020. They were also apparently working with the Rock Mafia production team (check the credits on some of the AI B-Sides/Bonus tracks), so the label was still invested in getting hit songs from the band during these pre-AI recording sessions, so very clearly the band was doing "something" during that time, even if the official C&V story is an embellishment.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, giozzam said:

I just pre ordered my CD box set from the EU shop. No problems with the payment on my side.

• Like 2

Get it from 1234 Go instead. Discounted and free shipping

• Like 2

Ordered CD set from EU store, no problem really but did have to re-input my card.  Free poster if you order from the store.  Exciting!

• Like 1

After many attempts with the US store it finally went through