American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

At least there is some remixing in the Irving Plaza sample. Sounds a lot better

40 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Was expecting slightly more from this, like some C&V material. At the very least I expected a studio version of C&V since we already have a live version from Awesome As Fuck. That and the I Fought The Law cover would have been a great addition to finally have on physical media and streaming. 

I fought the law is on apple music tho if you live in united states or canada

The description says "Blu-ray Audio". What's the difference between a CD and a Blu-ray Audio? 

21 minutes ago, Susi Sour cream said:

The description says "Blu-ray Audio". What's the difference between a CD and a Blu-ray Audio? 

DVDs and Blu-rays have enough space for multichannel mixes. CDs typically contain 2 channel stereo as audio.

• Like 1

Is there even anything on their website for this? The link from YouTube just brings me to their general merch page.

Also I miss the version of Favorite Son I used to have that ended with the guy saying “The first artificial earth satellite in the world has now been created.”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billy1986 said:

What is on the other blu ray not counting heart like a hand grenade?? 

4 hours ago, billy1986 said:

What is on the other blu ray not counting heart like a hand grenade?? 

On the picture on JPC I can see one disc saying "Heart Like a Hand Grenade" and the other says "(Making) of American Idiot & (...) Live"

I got to admit, releasing "already-heard live tracks" for Nimrod 25th, Dookie 30th and AI 20th isn't that "exciting" in my opinion. 
It doesn't feel "fresh" and I feel like the effort just isn't there from the band's management. 

I love hearing GDs live performances (I think we all do), especially when we get full unedited footage from a show, but it's gotta be something from a show that we've not heard before. 
Give me a random gig from a small european country or from a random US show, that would be awesome 😏 
The fact that we've haven't got anything from the 99rev tour, or RevRad tour is such a shame.

The demos are very cool tho, excited to hear all of them when it's released. 

Also, not sure where I've read this, but isn't the C&V "title track" actually a different song to what we think C&V actually is? Could that song just be a promotion of some sort for AAF? And that's why they're not bothered to share it with us?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

I got to admit, releasing "already-heard live tracks" for Nimrod 25th, Dookie 30th and AI 20th isn't that "exciting" in my opinion. 
It doesn't feel "fresh" and I feel like the effort just isn't there from the band's management. 

I love hearing GDs live performances (I think we all do), especially when we get full unedited footage from a show, but it's gotta be something from a show that we've not heard before. 
Give me a random gig from a small european country or from a random US show, that would be awesome 😏 
The fact that we've haven't got anything from the 99rev tour, or RevRad tour is such a shame.

The demos are very cool tho, excited to hear all of them when it's released. 

Also, not sure where I've read this, but isn't the C&V "title track" actually a different song to what we think C&V actually is? Could that song just be a promotion of some sort for AAF? And that's why they're not bothered to share it with us?

We need a full prague performance for the next insomniac anniversary. The energy of the band there is wild

• Like 3

Holiday sounds almost like finished version, BOBD sounds a little less finished but they sound great.  The video seems like a mash up of BIAB and HLAG but think there are new bits in there too.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gwen Stacy said:

DVDs and Blu-rays have enough space for multichannel mixes. CDs typically contain 2 channel stereo as audio.

There is a Dolby Atmos mix of Amerivan Idiot right?

Still disappointed with this. Expected cigarettes and Valentines to be included ... 

Can we start a petition or something? To let them know. 

8 hours ago, paperlanterns22 said:

So I’ve surprisingly never listened or seen any footage from the Irving Plaza show and I know there’s already mostly soundboard or pro shot footage from most of the show but going by this Minority single they put out…

Is it just me or is this the best Billie has ever sounded live??

Welcome to the dark-side :shifty:

It’s a bit of a minority position as most people tend go with 2009/2010 or somewhere in the 90s, some even say 2000-2002, but I’ve always maintained Green Day hit their absolute live peak during the 2004/2005 AI tour. It’s why I’d love for them to release a full length club show like Warfield or at least BIAB both nights in full, or preferably both. Then there’s the AOL sessions or the show at The Wiltern Theatre. As it stands, Live at Irving Plaza is a great choice, it’s *coughs* just missing three songs :lol: that’s all, all that is, t’is all that…

But still very much looking forward.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The BOBD demo sounds very much like an Otis Mix.. 😏
The Holiday demo sounds even better than the original imo

• Like 2

I want them to hurry up and officially announce this! I want to know if there is going to be a store exclusive coloured vinyl version like they did for Nimrod and Dookie box sets. I also think I now like the demo version of Holiday more than the album version.  Love the bigger fuzzy raw guitar.

10 hours ago, Banjodewulf said:

So we may not have a-lot of C&V coming out here, but were eating good regardless. And I have a hunch, Just a hunch. That "Just another year" MIGHT be "One More Year (Lately)". And i have to agree when it comes to the John R CD i have my doubts as well since i contacted Chelsea, Sterling Sound and Studio 880 all regarding this and they said that they either didn't have any copies of it or weren't aware that it even existed. So that to me was a HUGE red flag. If it was so important why would they not at-least try to archive it. 

Heck i even spoke to John about it and he said if he could release it or even let me hear it and he said "Thats not gonna happen". My biggest guess is that the reason John dosen't want to release it is because its either fake, or he dose not want to get in trouble from the band or copyright problems. 

I wouldn't recommend trying to contact John about it because he did receive lots of contacts and spam from people who wanted the b-sides to get released with even his personal phone number getting leaked at one point. Sure we can all be hopeful, but harassing people just isn't gonna get us anywhere.

All we can do is make it aware as a fanbase to the band that we really want it to come out some day. And As someone like me who loves Lost Media and tries to find something cool or unreleased from the band "Even though I fail 99% of the time to do so" I still would love to one day hear what was on that album. But for now its just gonna have to remain a mystery that keeps me awake at night. Hopefully 30 will be our lucky number.

I also just remembered that in a recent interview Billie confirmed that "Homecoming" had elements of Cigarettes And Valentines in it so maybe we might have a version of it with lyrical differences that more closely echo the original from C&V but IDK just guessing here. 

Sterling Sound and other studios arent going to talk about stuff like that to strangers 

What John posted looked like a in office reference disc they aren’t usually cataloged as they’re just for certain employees of the label/artists 

• Like 1

It's up for pre-order on Media Markt as well now:

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_green-day-american-idiot-20th-anniversary-deluxe-edition-8lp-color-2-blu-ray-vinyl-2949233.html

Vinyl Box set for "only" 170 €. JPC has it for 200 €, so I just ordered from Media Markt in case that cheaper price is a typo and they will notice and change that soon 😄

Edited by Susi Sour cream
Typo

5 hours ago, Wouter1994 said:

There is a Dolby Atmos mix of Amerivan Idiot right?

Not currently. But if this article is correct, they've been sitting on it since at least 2022 so I expect that it comes out as part of this release.