American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

Will there be any other way to get this video but Blue Ray? Who has a Blue Ray player?  I don’t want to spend money on any of this to have two useless discs I can’t watch. I have a plain old DVD player

4 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

I think that C&V masters arn't real and that project was released between MM2020, Foxboro hot tubs and trilogy...

Everything I’ve ever heard supports this theory. There is no “C&V” album, just a bunch of songs we’ve mostly heard by now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Will there be any other way to get this video but Blue Ray? Who has a Blue Ray player?  I don’t want to spend money on any of this to have two useless discs I can’t watch. I have a plain old DVD player

I have a blu-ray player. and a lot of people have a video game console where you can watch blu-rays on.
Heart like a hand grenate is avaible digital already I believe. Im sure the other documentary will be coming out digital too. not sure about the new live stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

I have a blu-ray player. and a lot of people have a video game console where you can watch blu-rays on.
Heart like a hand grenate is avaible digital already I believe. Im sure the other documentary will be coming out digitial too. not sure about the new live stuff.

I really hope they do sell the new doc separately. I already own a digital copy of HLAHG I just want the new one

No roecker unreleased b-sides

No warfield as live album with It cover songs

No surrender / bastards of young 

No I fought the law 

No storytellers full

No mtv fuse show

No AOL sessions

All my wishlist destroyed

• Like 1

I’ve never been convinced that CD John R showed was actually real.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

So I’ve surprisingly never listened or seen any footage from the Irving Plaza show and I know there’s already mostly soundboard or pro shot footage from most of the show but going by this Minority single they put out…

Is it just me or is this the best Billie has ever sounded live??

• Love 1

So we may not have a-lot of C&V coming out here, but were eating good regardless. And I have a hunch, Just a hunch. That "Just another year" MIGHT be "One More Year (Lately)". And i have to agree when it comes to the John R CD i have my doubts as well since i contacted Chelsea, Sterling Sound and Studio 880 all regarding this and they said that they either didn't have any copies of it or weren't aware that it even existed. So that to me was a HUGE red flag. If it was so important why would they not at-least try to archive it. 

Heck i even spoke to John about it and he said if he could release it or even let me hear it and he said "Thats not gonna happen". My biggest guess is that the reason John dosen't want to release it is because its either fake, or he dose not want to get in trouble from the band or copyright problems. 

I wouldn't recommend trying to contact John about it because he did receive lots of contacts and spam from people who wanted the b-sides to get released with even his personal phone number getting leaked at one point. Sure we can all be hopeful, but harassing people just isn't gonna get us anywhere.

All we can do is make it aware as a fanbase to the band that we really want it to come out some day. And As someone like me who loves Lost Media and tries to find something cool or unreleased from the band "Even though I fail 99% of the time to do so" I still would love to one day hear what was on that album. But for now its just gonna have to remain a mystery that keeps me awake at night. Hopefully 30 will be our lucky number.

I also just remembered that in a recent interview Billie confirmed that "Homecoming" had elements of Cigarettes And Valentines in it so maybe we might have a version of it with lyrical differences that more closely echo the original from C&V but IDK just guessing here. 

Edited by Banjodewulf

1 hour ago, Insomniac186 said:

I'm stoked for this, don't get me wrong, but we as a fan base really need to push for the remaining unreleased songs from the infamous "John Roecker" disc to be officially released. They should have been with the AI Anniversary Edition. Perhaps the band has recycled bits and pieces from the unreleased material here and there and they'd rather us hear that, but at the very least we need the studio version of the C&V title track. There is no reason whatsoever that it should remain unreleased. We know it exists.

absolutely dude like bro posted that and ever since ppl been speculating like crazy like pls we need it I NEED IT

Well this is cool!

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Everything I’ve ever heard supports this theory. There is no “C&V” album, just a bunch of songs we’ve mostly heard by now

Plus whatever we haven't heard probably isn't that great, since they literally scrapped the album because it was mediocre lol

• Like 4

Damn I don't like to sound like a party pooper - this is great - but it's getting too expensive to keep up with all this stuff especially on top of tour tickets/merch and other re-releases and reissues! 

• Like 3

I don't feel that all these things worth the money... 200 bucks to get some demos and a new doc

• Like 3

Not so convinced about this new deluxe version. I was waiting for C&V stuff, I hope some of those demos get something about it. Plus the second CD is just released material on singles/special editions (For non-hardcore fans will be fresh new good material), however they could save some space on that disc, putting the b-sides on base AI album and adding more tracks from Tokyo 2005, Vh1 Storytellers or why not.... LIVE SESSIONS AT AOL or a live version of MARIA from Milton Keynes!!

It is cool that we will get a big part of 2004 Irving Plaza's Gig, though. Also, I like the fact the new documentary will have a physical version included and I supposed a remastered version for HLAHG.

About demos, I expect a lot fron them. I heard holiday/BOBD and I felt meh... (The 4 track version of BC on Dookie's reissue was a good surprise. I expect stuff like that in  AI demos)

5 minutes ago, legendary said:

I don't feel that all these things worth the money... 200 bucks to get some demos and a new doc

Agree. If I can get the music on Spotify and the doc as a digital purchase (I hope) I may forgo this set

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Will there be any other way to get this video but Blue Ray? Who has a Blue Ray player?  I don’t want to spend money on any of this to have two useless discs I can’t watch. I have a plain old DVD player.

I don’t have a “blue ray” player but I do have a blu ray player 😉.

In all seriousness, dvds have been obsolete since like 2012. Blu rays too for the most part. They should be putting this out on 4k discs 🔥.

30 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Damn I don't like to sound like a party pooper - this is great - but it's getting too expensive to keep up with all this stuff especially on top of tour tickets/merch and other re-releases and reissues! 

Would have been cheaper if they just removed disc 2  and release those japan live tracks on a seperate ep digital release

I'll probably end up shelling out for the vinyl set. It looks gorgeous and thoughtfully put together. Most vinyl sets don't include a disk at all so I'm glad the blu rays will come with that. I haven't saved up enough for the Dookie vinyl box but I'd get this first. The splatter 2lp version looks gorgeous too, I'll probably get that separately at some point.

I remember reading somewhere that they mixed AI in Dolby Atmos a while back, I bet that'll be part of this too. Really looking forward to that. A lot of rock albums have not been mixed well in Atmos but Saviors sounded pretty good so we'll see.

I'm also bummed that there doesn't appear to be anything C&V related in this release and I wish they'd clear up the story behind that project so we can truly know how far along it was before they moved on to American Idiot. Hopefully a journalist will ask if they do press for this release, which they would be smart to. But I am glad we get demos in some form. 

An American Idiot anniversary edition; am I really that old? 

Spoiler

Narrator: she was.

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I’ve never been convinced that CD John R showed was actually real.

So what he faked it himself for attention? Or somebody faked it and gave it to him? I dunno, it looked pretty authentic to me. Again, I wish the band would go on record about this.

27 minutes ago, Insomniac1984 said:

Not so convinced about this new deluxe version. I was waiting for C&V stuff, I hope some of those demos get something about it. Plus the second CD is just released material on singles/special editions (For non-hardcore fans will be fresh new good material), however they could save some space on that disc, putting the b-sides on base AI album and adding more tracks from Tokyo 2005, Vh1 Storytellers or why not.... LIVE SESSIONS AT AOL or a live version of MARIA from Milton Keynes!!

It is cool that we will get a big part of 2004 Irving Plaza's Gig, though. Also, I like the fact the new documentary will have a physical version included and I supposed a remastered version for HLAHG.

About demos, I expect a lot fron them. I heard holiday/BOBD and I felt meh... (The 4 track version of BC on Dookie's reissue was a good surprise. I expect stuff like that in  AI demos)

Holiday/boulevard of broken dream demos felt more raw studio live than an actual demo. It's nothing like those dookie demos or demolicious.

• Like 1

Was expecting slightly more from this, like some C&V material. At the very least I expected a studio version of C&V since we already have a live version from Awesome As Fuck. That and the I Fought The Law cover would have been a great addition to finally have on physical media and streaming.