American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

I think the We Are the Champions at the end of the doc with the video clip show may be one of the cut songs from BIAB, he says “thank you England” 👀

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, billy1986 said:

Anyone know what songs are played live/shown in full in the new dvd?

Homecoming, holiday, st. Jimmy, give me novacaine, she's a rebel, are we the waiting (footage directly from BIAB), all by myself, dominated love slave, JOS, extraordinary girl, letterbomb and we are the champions. All footage apart from are we the waiting and we are the champions is from live at the warfield! I hope somebody rips the blu ray becuase it's a bit clunky to turn on the blu ray player all the time to watch it but it's AMAZING!! 

• Like 2

In Homecoming (Nobody Cares), Tre is singing about the guys wondering where he went....and then Billie bursts in with "NOBODY CARES!!!"   Haha, that is the funniest, coolest part of this entire collection.   Mike was fine once Billie got there, they don't need no stinkin drummer.    Also, Kenny  and I were in there in the studio which is rad.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So with the homecoming short songs, did each band member play all their own instruments to their solo songs? Or is it always Billie on guitar, Mike on bass, and Tre on skins? And who plays piano?

• Like 1

Did anybody else order directly from Green Day’s site and not get their box set yet?

They sent me an email on Tuesday that said my shipment is “on its way,” but when I check the tracking info. it says “UPS doesn’t have possession of the package yet. Estimated delivery date will be available as soon as we get the package.”

5 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Did anybody else order directly from Green Day’s site and not get their box set yet?

They sent me an email on Tuesday that said my shipment is “on its way,” but when I check the tracking info. it says “UPS doesn’t have possession of the package yet. Estimated delivery date will be available as soon as we get the package.”

I got the email today, saying the shipment is on his way. I've tracked my package and clicked on ''When can I expect delivery?''. Here the answer:
For packages destined for the U.S., your package will be delivered by a U.S. postal carrier at the time they typically deliver the rest of your mail. For international packages, your package will be delivered by the local delivery vendor for that destination.

Yo that's not even an answer.

28 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I got the email today, saying the shipment is on his way. I've tracked my package and clicked on ''When can I expect delivery?''. Here the answer:
For packages destined for the U.S., your package will be delivered by a U.S. postal carrier at the time they typically deliver the rest of your mail. For international packages, your package will be delivered by the local delivery vendor for that destination.

Yo that's not even an answer.

I dealt with this when I ordered a video game directly from Square Enix this spring. An entire warehouse worth of games had some issue and didn’t ship and it was a week late. Never again. Just gonna stick with Amazon from now on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

That sounds like the dreaded "label created" message where it's still sitting in the warehouse waiting for someone to give it to UPS 😩

6 hours ago, suffoKate said:

So with the homecoming short songs, did each band member play all their own instruments to their solo songs? Or is it always Billie on guitar, Mike on bass, and Tre on skins? And who plays piano?

Afaik Mike and Tré wrote and recorded vocals for their respective sections, nothing more. They didn't play any other instruments over them other than what they normally play. Rob Cavallo is credited for piano on the album

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Afaik Mike and Tré wrote and recorded vocals for their respective sections, nothing more. They didn't play any other instruments over them other than what they normally play. Rob Cavallo is credited for piano on the album

I see. So all the short music was already done and then they just randomly chose which parts to sing to while the others were gone from the studio?

and what were the intentions of having recorded such short music? Just for funsies? 

So did anyone watch the documentary; what are your thoughts on it; whats song is including from the Warfield show?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suffoKate said:

I see. So all the short music was already done and then they just randomly chose which parts to sing to while the others were gone from the studio?

and what were the intentions of having recorded such short music? Just for funsies? 

I mean you'd have to ask the band that. My guess is that Mike was just playing the melody of his sections on the bass and singing whatever vocal melodies he thought of and that's how he came up with his section of Homecoming (and the other sections that we can hear in the demo). And then Billie and Tré recorded their parts afterward. I think the band members pre-AI were having issues, specifically Mike and Tré were having issues with Billie. I believe they felt like he wasn't letting them have contribute to the music as much as him or something (if I'm remembering correctly). So I think Homecoming was sort of the result of that band conflict with the whole band getting their own sections to shine

• Like 3

Hopefully Mike will get deserved credit….his writing being alone in the studio led to homecoming and led to the birth of their opera era. Mike was critical in this it seems. Wish he’d write and sing more. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

Hopefully Mike will get deserved credit….his writing being alone in the studio led to homecoming and led to the birth of their opera era. Mike was critical in this it seems. Wish he’d write and sing more. 

This and Billie getting called into the principles office at Warner and being scolded that he can do better :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know I‘m just repeating what has been said many times now but I absolutely love Lowlife. The lines „I wanna be alright. I wanna be okay tonight“ bring tears to my eyes.❤️

This Anniversary Box in combination with the release of Unt and the upcoming European tour make me so happy to be alive at the moment, even if the world around us is slowly falling to pieces…

Edited by Mollyluna
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, bivouac45 said:

So did anyone watch the documentary; what are your thoughts on it; whats song is including from the Warfield show?

Yes, loved it, there’s chat about the Warfield show songs a page back.

23 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yes, loved it, there’s chat about the Warfield show songs a page back.

I didn’t have time to watch the documentary until now. How long is it?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mollyluna said:

I didn’t have time to watch the documentary until now. How long is it?

I think about 90 Minutes 

Is there any link (not discogs) where we can see the artwork scanned from 4cds and 2blu rays with better quality?

57 minutes ago, Susi Sour cream said:

I think about 90 Minutes 

Sounds good, thank you!

1 hour ago, Mollyluna said:

Sounds good, thank you!

On the backside on the cover of 20 Years of American Idiot it says "Duration: 110 minutes", Heart Like a Hand Grenade is 97 minutes.

• Like 1

Idk why, but the extended Homecoming guitar riff and bass in Everyone’s Breaking Down sounds like it could be used in the credits of a movie or for band introductions at the end of a set in an alternate reality.